Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
I’ll also probably grab DQ monsters unless I’m too busy for a JRPG at release
god how long *has* it been since the last dragon quest monsters? *looks up* huh, they did a dqm joker 3 in 2016 that was only released on japan. last international release was joker 2 in 2010.
1687500731632.png

i'm amused the male protag looks so mych like one of hero's alts in ssbu, lol

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Akira Toriyama only has like 5 faces and 5 hairstyles that he swaps around like some kind of DBZ Xenoverse CAC.

I played the first Joker but I don't remember much of it. THe GBC games left much more of an impression on me. The starry shrine music in particular.

unluckiness

Citizen
Got the utge for some Megaman so i played 11. Stage design pisses me off even more now which is a shame since the boss battles and weapons are excellently designed.

unluckiness

Citizen
Boss rushes are okay but a bit of platforming with good enemy placement breaks up the monotony. The problem with 11 is that nearly every stage has one point that's clearly designed as a lives drainer and the stages themselves are much longer than previous entries with only two or three checkpoints, making it a slog to get to the dickish part of the stage if you game over.

unluckiness

Citizen
Was flipping through random channels and saw some kind of home improvement show with the host named Ashley Graham. Kinda want to play through RE4 again.

unluckiness

Citizen
"Sir, our bio-organic weapon has been completed, however, despite being roughly humanoid in form and intelligent, it is too grotesque and gray to pass for human"
"Ever watch Ninja Turtles?"
tyrant.png

"Perfection"

unluckiness

Citizen
I get that it's a way to up the tension but god, is Fatal Frame's overly clunky movement annoying. Makes OG Resident Evil's tank controls look like olympic gymnastics

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Probably worth posting here. Destin over at IGN posted a compelling response to some of the "backlash" Baldur's Gate 3 has received from some development circles. Since we don't have a dedicated BG3 thread (and I haven't had time to start something as big as that yet), I figured here was a good spot.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Since I recently opened a bunch of Pokémon cards, I decided to download that Pokémon TCG Live game on my phone cuz otherwise what else would I do with all those code cards I got and like this has to be the first time where my experience with a game is totally the opposite of what it seems the usual experience is?

Cause you look the game up on the Play Store and it's got like 2.3 stars and all the reviews are all about how terrible and unplayable it is. Stuff like the game crashes often, everything is incredibly slow and laggy and you'll often get disconnected when playing against other people because of the lag, and there's a whole bunch of complaints that the most recent update to the game made it so they can't even login to the game and play it - it just gives them an error and fails to log them in.

Meanwhile, for me, it runs fine? Like I start the game up, it loads (and I just get two messages as it loads basically saying 'Hey tomorrow the game will be down for maintenance for a few hours' and 'Hey some people are having problems redeeming codes in this game, we're working on it but try again if a code doesn't redeem and if that still doesn't work, just contact support'), I didn't have any issues logging in, I've had zero crashes, basically no lag when playing against others (there was a little bit of lag at the very start of the first game I played but that was it), and I've never been disconnected from any of my opponents.

The only real issues I've encountered are that this game is a major battery drain (but that's not unusual for mobile games tbh) and, if I were to switch to another app while its running and then switch back, the game will restart itself because of how much RAM it uses (but that's probably because my phone only has 4 GB of RAM).

And like I ain't running this game on some high-end flagship phone either, it's a budget Motorola from 2021 that cost $300 when it came out.

So weird.

unluckiness

Citizen
It's been around for a bit, maybe they managed to fix some of the issues and those are older reviews?

Top Bottom