Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
iCOIbQ9.jpeg

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Sega is maddeningly inconsistent with what's supposed to be their mascot. They should boot sonic team and give development over to the Yakuza people or something.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
99% of the time,the problem's with the execs more than the devs. case in point: Game Freak/Creatures being able to nearly-consistently deliver good Pokemon games for 20 years on handhelds aside from Sinnoh, then struggling when TPC execs didn't realize or care that games on an HD console, particularly open world games, need considerably more time than they give Game Freak/Creatures to make these games. Hell, given how shitty the pay at Game Freak reportedly is (apparently they can barely afford to hire new employees according to a job review site), TPC probably gives them pathetically low budgets and screws the poor bastards out of most of the franchise's profits and royalties, too.

yet somehow, despite the shit situation TPC's put them in, they still managed to make a new contender for the GOAT Pokemon game with Legends Arceus.

unluckiness

Citizen
Yeah but a bunch of volunteers with next to no funding made a better Sonic game than they did so I’m fairly certain it’s the Sonic dev team.

unluckiness

Citizen
Yakuza team did good with Monkey Ball so they’ve got some flexibility.

Not that Superstars was terrible. Just kind of underwhelming given the price tag.

unluckiness

Citizen
Speaking of Yakuza lol just found out about the English dub bullshit because who the hell plays Yakuza in English. In fact, who uses the dub for anything but to roast?

is Kiryu gonna complain about pachinko microtransactions or shill Cyberpunk now? Give me a break.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You have to give Sega one thing. When they see fans do something impressive, instead of unleashing the lawyers their reaction tends to be "Please tell us how you did that."

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Don't know what soft modding is. To me, modding, hacking and other such aftermarket mods blur together on me.

But I find a lot of skills like that are need to know. I need to know something. I Google how to do it. Before I know it I have a bunch of useless knowledge living rent free in my skull because of some one-time project I had to do years ago.

unluckiness

Citizen
You have to give Sega one thing. When they see fans do something impressive, instead of unleashing the lawyers their reaction tends to be "Please tell us how you did that."
I think they’re just well aware that the obssessive fandom’s the only thing keeping them relevant. If nintendo made crap games, i doubt they’d be as gung ho about shutting down fan projects.

unluckiness

Citizen
The only gen 1 grass type that wasn’t dual type was Tangela and the rest were all grass/poison except Exeggcute and Paras

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Gen 1 was very oddly heavy on poison despite not giving them any really good moves and psychics being broken. Then again, Gen 1 was held together by duct tape and hope.

unluckiness

Citizen
Gen 1 wasn’t meant to be whatever pokemon is today IIRC. It’s meant to be more of a traditional JRPG so they intended all the poison types to poison you in dungeons. It’s also why so many late game Pokemon are direct upgrades over early game ones. You’re supposed to box them and use the new ones like selling off your iron sword to buy the Immortal Phoenix Blade of Eternal Ruination.

Top Bottom