Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Either that or people with shitty Android phones bitching that the game doesn't work on their $100 phone with like 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of ROM running Android 7.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Met the wonderful Quinton Flynn at CSCC and let him slice up my copy of MGS RR
100_4728.JPG

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I was just about to post that, lol.
Lost it at Cloud riding the segway. Also, Cait Sith!!!!

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I mean, I'd probably buy it when it comes out since the first part was good but I'm not hyped about FF7 anymore, if that makes any sense.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Been feeling the itch to play a chill farming game again. Picked up Harvest Moon: Winds of Anthos. Couldn't find a physical version when it released, so I just got digital. Never played this series before.

I am so addicted. The only risk is pushing yourself too hard and running out of stamina, or getting hit by rocks in the mine. They are collectibles that let you increase bag size/stamina. Getting money isn't as easy as Animal Crossing, but I'm only on the 2nd sprite. There's a lot of world to explore but I'm focusing on my farm and the towns. Definitely not enough time/stamina in a day but it's getting better with a horse to travel faster, and improved tools.
I'm playing a boy, but all the love interests are bi. I am so getting gay married.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Oh, h-uh. That looks...considerably better than the last few HMs Natsume's put out. Maybe they've finally become a legit contender on their own now.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I just gave a Token of Love to my guy. I feel a little guilty b/c all the chars are sweet and wholesome. Eg, I'm befriending his parents and he's talking about having a picnic date, while I'm thinking dirty thoughts/jokes. XD
Since the game just came out, there's no info on marriage or kids yet.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Modern Harvest Moon isn't real Harvest Moon (and not like a 'disgruntled fan' thing I mean like literally) but you probably don't care about that lol.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm interested. I've never played Harvest Moon so I have no notions of what's real or not.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'm interested. I've never played Harvest Moon so I have no notions of what's real or not.
OK so it's basically like this:
The real Harvest Moon games (known in Japan as Bokujou Monogatari or Farm Story) are developed by the company Marvelous (previously Victor Interactive Software, which got merged into Marvelous in 2003).

Outside of Japan, specifically in North America, the Bokujou Monogatari games were translated, distributed, and published by the company Natsume, who gave the series the English language title of Harvest Moon.

That was the situation literally for years, from the original 1996 Harvest Moon on the SNES (released in 1997 in the US) all the way until 2012's Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning on the Nintendo 3D. Victor Interactive Software/Marvelous develop the games and Natsume publish them in North America.

But then after Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Marvelous decided to transfer the North American localization and distribution rights from Natsume to their own North American subsidiary, Xseed Games (whom they had acquired in 2011) Which makes sense, why have a third-party company continue to translate and publish your game in this region when you now have a subsidiary that can do it for you instead?

Except there's one small problem: Natsume still has ownership of the Harvest Moon brand name (and these games provided a significant chunk of their revenue as a publisher), so you can probably guess what this means.

Yeah, the games known as Bokujou Monogatari in Japan that were previously known as Harvest Moon outside Japan no longer can be localized under that title, with them now being known as 'Story of Seasons'. Meanwhile, Natsume has decided to create their own Harvest Moon games (well a different company is developing them) in order to maintain the brand recognition of Harvest Moon.

And uhh until their most recent one (which actually seems to be pretty decent), the Natsume-only Harvest Moon games...really weren't that good lol.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That was surprisingly interesting. It sounds like a localization mess out of the 80s or early 90s, not something I'd expect today.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I vaguely recall hearing about the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons split.
I only decided on this one from random searching plus gay options with one guy I immediately liked. XD

My main complaint so far is that the movement is frequently janky on the main maps. Eg, when running, the avatar will slow or just stop. A little joystick waggle knocks him out of it. Not an issue on smaller maps, like indoors. It's annoying, but not a big deal. I've also been playing it mostly on the Switch Lite, so it might run better on the regular Switch.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I just gave a Token of Love to my guy. I feel a little guilty b/c all the chars are sweet and wholesome. Eg, I'm befriending his parents and he's talking about having a picnic date, while I'm thinking dirty thoughts/jokes. XD
Since the game just came out, there's no info on marriage or kids yet.
Looks like Fogu has at least some partial info (gotta hit that floating side thing to open a menu for guide sections), they're always pretty on top of these games.

This just reminds me I still need to get around to trying Homestead Arcana.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Thank you, looks like it'll be awhile before I can marry! This part made me laugh, though.
Screenshot_20231005_140630_Chrome~2.jpg

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me that somebody would try it but that that they have to point out that you can't is hilarious.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
The jankiness in HM was getting worse, but when I tried a wireless controller, it was fine. I didn't think it was my Switch controls, since I tested it a bit in Pokemon and didn't notice a problem. It's mostly when I go in a NW direction. Gonna have to test it out some more.

Unlocked the 3rd village, thanks to the guide it's easier to get money with good fish. The world map is still overwhelmingly large. Got to the bottom of the first mine, the 2nd mine is more dangerous with pit traps that knock out quite a bit of health.

Top Bottom