Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I always liked the Genesis controller. I get why Sega stuck with it for so long.

Is there a good USB Gamecube controller? My Gamecube doesn't read discs anymore and me trying to fix hardware is probably a bad idea, so emulation is my best option here.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I don't like the GameCube controller but I think the most commonly recommended option if you want to use a GCN controller on PC is just use the actual OEM controller with an adapter.

There is an official USB adapter from Nintendo (meant for use on the Switch and Wii U), but most people recommend the Mayflash adapter because it literally has a switch on it for it to be in PC mode. (Obviously Nintendo's adapter doesn't natively support PCs)

(But if you do go for Nintendo's official adapter, this guide straight from the Dolphin Emulator website will help: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/how-use-official-gc-controller-adapter-wii-u/, apparently it supports it natively out of the box now?)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I see they recommend ripping games using a Wii. So I guess I need to find a cheap Wii, though at that point I won't really need an emulator anymore.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I mean they only say that because they don't wanna get in legal trouble by promoting piracy, all of the games I play on Dolphin are just RVZ files I downloaded - even for the games I do actually own physically lol.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Why the hug does this crappy AFK mobile game think I value the opinion of some cretin with cotton candy for hair?

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
When people answer what the worst Resident Evil game is and it's not Code Veronica, they're wrong.

Coming back to this thing blind years later is a goddamn mess.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Whelp, I have found the graphical limit of a twelve year old HP business laptop. Halo 2 Anniversary runs okay in 'classic mode', but the updated graphics cause it to chug.

At least the new versions of the cutscenes play okay. 🤷‍♂️

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Been watching a bunch of these cop arrest videos lately then Youtube decides to recommend me this
IMG_2004.jpeg

NOOOOO BIG SMOKE

edit: too bad it’s staged

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Watching the Guerrilla Collective stream, focusing on indie games, I've seen a few amusing/interesting things. Keep in mind this is, by NO means, everything shown during the presentation:
New Yooka Laylee, poking fun at their lackluster 2017 entry, even.

Nightdive is putting out Killing Time Remastered, continuing to dust off forgotten titles from the past.

Tomba is leaving the old Playstation and will be on everything in August.

The same year Limited Run Games is putting out a Clock Tower Remaster (the original SNES/PSX version), the next FNAF game will seemingly feature similar gameplay.

Double Shake is CLEARLY a Mischief Makers homage.

Egging On is the next I Am Bread crossed with Getting Over It. Trailer spells out it's for masochists only.

I wonder how Chocolate Factory will stay up before it gets nailed for being a clone of Satisfactory. The blatant copy is rather surprising it has gotten the coverage it has.

Dungeon Clawer looks to be a nifty twist on the rogue like, using traditional "gacha" games to build strength.

I guess if Sega isn't going to make a new Skies of Arcadia, indies will do it. Sky Oceans is another "homage" to a forgotten classic. I'll also note Blockbuster Inc, which is a new take on the old game The Movies!.

A new take on the Paper Mario formula with fairy tale based Escape from Ever After.

Iron Meat looks like a glorious fusion of body horror and Contra.

Last edited:

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
it's not a new yooka laylee, it's a remaster of the first that's apparently including the QoL things people wanted in the original release.

also my hot take is yooka-laylee is a perfectly decent late 90's platformer that happens to have come out two decades too late, which is probably why playtonic is still going at it instead of dying after one title like comcept did when they shat out mighty no. 9 lol

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
comparing anything to Mighty No. 9 is unfair unless it's like, Sonic 06, Bubsy 3D, Superman 64, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, Gollum, Bomberman Act Zero, the King Kong Skull Island Aventure **** game released last year, etc.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It might get a slight point or two over Duke Nukem Forever, but even that feels like damning with faint praise.

Well, okay, at least 9 doesn't have Duke's blatant sexism.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I guess you could say it has collectathon elements though I’d put it closer to a straight up platformer. Kinda like Mario 64.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
it's not a new yooka laylee, it's a remaster of the first that's apparently including the QoL things people wanted in the original release.

also my hot take is yooka-laylee is a perfectly decent late 90's platformer that happens to have come out two decades too late, which is probably why playtonic is still going at it instead of dying after one title like comcept did when they shat out mighty no. 9 lol
comcept has released multiple games since mighty no 9 came out wtf are you talking about

Top Bottom