The COVID Vaccination Thread

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I'd argue modern democracies aren't really giving anyone what they want beyond an illusion that fools only a very small number of people, but masks and vaccines shouldn't be the trigger for this much anger in Canada. House prices, inflation/cost of living? Absolutely. It cost me $70 to pump 45L of gas this morning when it would've cost under $50 two years ago. I shudder to think what someone with an actual large vehicle is paying. Healthy food is increasingly expensive, and totally out of reach for many families. My annual raise certainly doesn't cover this degree of increase.

But these idiots decide to protest things that will get them the least sympathy, which makes no sense to me. Even if they just restricted themselves to protesting the lockdowns, it'd be a lot easier to understand where the anger is coming from.

and boosted. So far it's two doses of pfizer and one of moderna. If the pattern holds: they will now start openly talking about shot FOUR.

Which I will hold off on until the american military vaccine is done. Might as well make it worth the wait.

I think I'm good with three, at this point. Annual boosters (preferably tailored to the common mutations of the day) should suffice from now on.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They're radicalized by the extreme right. Yes, it exists even in canada: saskatchewan and alberta are the perfect examples of americanization in practice. Canadian tories these days are no better than republicans: they have no policies other than "oppose those in power" and "cut taxes to wealthy". They ousted O'toole as tneir leader not because he was a flip flopper (but he is, don't be mistaken.) but because he refused to jump on the bandwagon: ending environmental protections, ending the vaccine requirements, openly supporting the extremists and their ideology. They have no policy, no idea how to lead or govern: but boy howdy can they rile people up.

Edit: also, megsy: I think you quoted the wrong post, but I get what you're saying.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
We're having these protests here as well. A bunch of people converged on our capital to protest vaccine mandates.

Hilariously, a bunch of them got stuck en route, because the ferry that connects the North and South Islands requires a vaccine pass.

I've not heard of any of them carrying Confederate flags or Swastikas or what have you, so at least there's that.

Nevermore

Citizen
The anti-mask, anti-vaxx protests are an orchestrated campaign organized by an international alliance of right-wing totalitarian supremacists.

Covid isn't the cause. It's just the occasion they're using as a catalyst for mobilizing their supporters and springing their plans in motion.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Kinda sounds like you wrote out the synopsis for a new Gijoe cartoon, or (given how often they openly oppose environmental and safety regulations.) a new captain planet.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Welp, given this: it's now unqualified terrorism, so it's time to call in the big guns.

The banks.

No, I am not kidding. NONE of those trucks are cheap, each and every one of them either currently has, or had a bank loan backing it. They are all associated with a business of some kind. So call their banks and tell them that bank property is currently being used to undermine canadian democracy and threaten the canadian economy. Every wrecker in the country will show up for the chance to claim the repoes.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I ******* called it! Less than a week after receiving my booster: they are now officially talking about shot 4!

Shattered Trousers

That thing Ratchet needed.
Citizen
Ugh! If you think there will ever be an end to the procession of booster shots you are a much more optimistic person than I am.

~L~

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I don't really care, but the unnerving regularity with which my last shot and the change in discussion around the next one happens is kinda depressing.

Shattered Trousers

Citizen
I do care. The shots make me crook as a dog for days after I get them, so hearing about how the third shot may be made mandatory for all Victorians, with the possibility of fourth and fifth shots to follow, fills me with all kinds of anxiety.

~L~

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I do care. The shots make me crook as a dog for days after I get them, so hearing about how the third shot may be made mandatory for all Victorians, with the possibility of fourth and fifth shots to follow, fills me with all kinds of anxiety.

~L~
Jeez, sorry dude.

I've been lucky so far, my total down time due to side effects have been equivalent to about 2 hours of being cold and achy. I know everyone gets hit different, but it's still kind of hard to picture worse side effects.

If it's any consolation: my brother's wife's brother is a plumber working in rotation in some of the local hospitals. The doctors he's been talking to have been saying that we (canada, specifically; montreal, quebec.) will likely be in the endemic stage by march. As long as you are vaxxed, we should about be done for the immediate. I don't know if there's going to be ongoing annual shots like for the flu, but we are almost through this.

Nevermore

Citizen
Well, considering I recently learned that Germany has changed the regulations regarding the Johnson & Johnson vaccine without openly telling the public (the J&J vaccine now only counts as "one" shot rather than two, contrary to the original regulation), the "booster" shot I got in November was retroactively declared my regular second shot, requiring me to get yet another booster shot.

Went to a vaccination center that doesn't require an appointment today. No line, no waiting, filling out the paperwork took longer than anything else.

Got Biontech/Pfizer again. No immediate effects.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I ******* called it! Less than a week after receiving my booster: they are now officially talking about shot 4!

Who's talking about it yet in Canada? I've seen a few doctors maybe speculating that extremely weak/vulnerable people may need another, but every other health authority in the country actually finally seems to be calming down. Even Tam was on TV the other week saying all COVID measures in Canada need to be re-examined... I assumed she was trying to give Justin an easy out to take without making it look like he's caving at all to the truckers, although he failed to take it in time. Measures do still seem to be in the process of collapsing in on themselves, though.

I have no intention of getting a fourth shot of the same formula when I know that my immune system is working perfectly fine. Perhaps, when I"m a full year or more out from my 3rd, and there's a new variant floating around with a specifically-tailored version of Moderna or Pfizer, I'll take that.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
They did a bit on it on CTV news montreal. Mitsumi's report stated that the third dose from pfizer and moderna tended to weaken after about 4 months, and they were considering another booster for people with weakened or compromised immune systems and the elderly.

And for the life of me: I cannot find the segment on the website.

Shattered Trousers

Citizen
Jeez, sorry dude.

I've been lucky so far, my total down time due to side effects have been equivalent to about 2 hours of being cold and achy. I know everyone gets hit different, but it's still kind of hard to picture worse side effects.

I appreciate your concern, really, but I'll be alright.

Supposedly the side effects happen because my immune system attacks the AstraZeneca vaccine rather than just accepting it. It's fairly common.

Most of the side effects only last for an hour at a time - chills for an hour, then sweats for an hour, then nausea and vomiting, then sweats again.

The migrane and the pain in my back and legs is constant, though. After the first shot I spent two days back and forth between bed and the couch because I couldn't find a comfortable place anywhere. When I sat I would feel like I needed to stretch out and when I lay I would need to sit up.

And having the migrane I didn't want to read or watch TV or do anything with a screen. Playing music softly was alright, though. At least I could close my eyes and try to get a little bit of sleep.

I'll take the third shot, because it's the right thing to do, but it's a really rough prick to take when it makes me sick and that's the only time I've gotten sick at all in at least three years.
There does come a point when enough is enough.

~L~

Anonymous X

Citizen
That’s good. I had distracting side effects from my Pfizer booster back in November. Three, four days of awful fatigue and flu lite symptoms. Better than the alternative, though.

Nevermore

Citizen
Shot #2 had those side effects for me. Shot #3, nothing aside from slight muscle fatigue in my arm that's already subsiding.

Top Bottom