The COVID Vaccination Thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm surprised that anyone is still against vaccinations. Japan was infamous for its official stance on vaccinations* and many/most people did not get them. I had a hard time getting the usual cocktail of vaccinations from hospitals in Japan before going to Thailand (although I amit it was about 20 years ago and in the countryside), for example. This was partly why Japan was one of the last countries in the world to implement Covid 19 vaccines**, but now, it has a very high amount of double-vaccinated people (but low numbers for boosters, as many of us here have to wait for them, due to getting vaccinated around last summer in 2021).***

So, if a notoriously right-wing, "anti-vac" country can quickly "see the light at the 11th hour", why can't the average westerner that is against them?

* https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(20)30047-5/fulltext
** https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/explainer-japan-slow-roll-vaccinations-77683342
*** https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59342308

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Japan (the government at least.) is willing to listen to actual scientists and their data. Western anti-vax are convinced that the scientists are lying.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The HPV stuff is something else entirely. The adoption of it in the US is actually pretty good... for males. There's pretty good resistance to it for girls because they seem to think it'll be an open invitation to be promiscuous.

People are stupid. That means stupid people get into positions of power, real or imagined.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Back when I was in school they were giving HPV vaccinations to girls, but not boys.

Thanks a lot public health. While you can still get the vaccine when you're older, their stupid policy still bothers me to this day.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Which of course is not what it says. Pelosi made a bad deal in the name of bipartisanship, got called on it, and pulled the extra funding they were trying to pull out to be put into a separate bill later to make sure this one goes through without government shutdown - which, considering how often it's happened in the past twenty years, wouldn't be a surprise if it happened again. Biggest problem there would be the Ukraine aid it would hold up.

I also don't see anything about closing down health department sections that would cause issues with the next pandemic... in fact Dept of Health is getting a budget -increase-. It's just the specific COVID-specific stuff that's getting forced out into a seperate bill.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
And he's more than likely vaxxed and boosted, so unless he was hiding some infirmity which would put him in the high risk group: this is a nothingburger. "Former politicians gets sicks with treatable disease.".

DarkeklawGW

Immortal Maximal OC
Citizen
Been full Vaxxed since Feb. The only reason I waited a year was to actually see what bad things might have been associated with the vaccine. There were none so I got vaxxed.
Note I'm not big on taking any drugs for colds except OTC treatments, but I do work in a high risk space coming in contact with people that I can't social distance with ( selling food to go) So yeah. Just haven't mentioned it because I've been busy. :)

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Thanks to the BA.2 subvariant: quebec public health has announced that quebec has officially entered the sixth wave of the pandemic! So what are they going to do about it?

Well, they killed the vaccine passport, and still intend to remove the mask requirements in about two weeks. So... sentence the elderly and the weak to death I guess.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When you're so afraid of the vaccine that you buy a pass from a madlad who's gotten it 90 times.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

If you listen to conservatives too much, you might actually believe that all the harm done by Covid-19 was caused by the "lockdowns", as if the virus itself didn't kill millions of people (est. 18 million so far, according to the Lancet). And as if the lockdowns were actually lockdowns.

Hint: China does actual lockdowns. In the West, we told people "please wear masks and socially distance, but if you ignore this every single day for two years, there's a tiny possibility that you might get a small fine, provided you also assault an essential worker". And we're so spoiled and self-indulgent that we called that a "lockdown" and people sang protest songs about freedom.

Top Bottom