Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Might make a difference for production though, especially since they seem to have upped the quality some.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
let_me_in___by_marenlicious_dgxixrf-pre.jpg

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
It's times like these where I really wish we had some sort of schedule for when the episodes are supposed to come out.

Oh well, probably next week?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Apparently this went live on Tuesday and we didn't notice.

Pipp!

"Why did I agree to do this?"

Sparky trying to talk.

Ah. This episode got delayed so it could be closer to Easter.

Hey, our villain still exists.

Why would you be stuck in Maretime Bay?

Stop with the introdumps. We know who these characters are.

So Twitch is going to be the new Misty, doing the undercover thing and suffering for our entertainment.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Apparently episode 9 also got released by mistake, but Hasbro took it down and won't let anyone re-upload it. I'll be honestly I tried to see if I could find it anywhere else, but no dice.

Yeah we're just going to have to deal with the role calls. Stupid filler for a five minute episode. It's dumb, but what can we do?

Twitch confirmed to be magical girl. XD
I mean seriously that hair get up looks straight up magical girl.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Not a bad episode, like them moving the plot forward while still having fun.

I'm honestly surprised hitch doesn't default to just wearing a helmet full time by now. Seriously.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, apparently, episodes 8 and 9 released for a bit on Tuesday. Then they both got taken down. And now episode 8 is up again. I guess they have someone new scheduling the youtube uploads?

Bunny karaoke night is not going as planned, I see.

Yes, why DID you agree to do this, Pipp? And who did you agree to do this WITH? Bunnies are just natural agents of chaos in this world. And given Fluttershy's relationship with Discord, that might actually be literal.

These bunnies do seem surprisingly marketable, with those little flower patterns. Is Hasbro trying to start another brand?

The ponies on the street aren't even phased, anymore. They've gotten used to the madness.

Heh. Sparky's little "Hey, Pipp" is pretty cute. He's going to be speaking whole sentences pretty soon. They grow up so fast.

I hope Jazz and Rocky are getting paid bonuses for this.

This is why you should have split them up into batches instead of trying to do them all at once.

Hitch is still rocking the dad-jokes. Love it!

Father-Son sunglasses. A must have! (Father-Son-glasses?)

Huh, so the bunnies are pretty reasonable when there's someone around who can understand them, I guess.

Instead of decorating eggs for Easter, they're decorating bunnies instead. How did that tradition even get started?

Yeah, Hitch isn't actually having a good time right now. They're interrogating him for information.

"Heh...Please...hahahaha...help me..."

Oh? Are Jazz and Rocky thinking about getting a little "bunny" of their own?

Allura's back from her extended camping trip!

And her nefarious plan is to...take the bunny charms? Uh...are they magic or is she just being mean? This is her FIRST evil plan since the special! I was kind of hoping for something more....dramatic? Oh well, I guess she's been gone for so long, she's better off easing back into the evil.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Twitch can just go up and...ask for a charm? Pipp might not even recognize him.

...It took Allura FAR too long to come up with a obvious plan. She's not good at this, is she? I mean, she did get defeated by Christmas lights and snowballs last time, so the bar is pretty much on the floor anyway, but still.

"It can't be ME, can it?" And now I want fan-art of Allura dressed up as a giant bunny.

Oh, so they're after the Nova Charm. But...why do they think they'd give something like that to the bunnies? That's probably locked up in the Brighthouse, somewhere. Or Izzy has it in her backpack right next to her sandwiches. Licking the jelly off of the crystal gives it a little extra "zing".

Pipp's getting into this bunny beautification.

So...no, they in fact do NOT remember Twitch. Fair enough. Honestly, I kind of forgot his name, too.

I feel like I've seen a V-Tuber with that same design somewhere before...

Bunnies...the most narcissistic of nature's creatures.

Flying bunny party bus!?

They gonna drop a bunch of bunnies on a party down below? Do the bunnies get little parachutes?

Why would you be stuck in Maretime Bay?
Well, she is stuck in this..."dimension"? Or thousands of miles from where she originally came from, at least. I'm not sure where Starlight Ridge is, in relationship to Maretime Bay.

I mean, maybe she's been trying to get back home all this time, and just found that she couldn't? Big cats aren't really built for distance, they're built for short bursts of speed. Chances are, she can't fly the way all across the ocean under her own power. Probably doesn't have the stamina for that. Even if it is on the same planet. Which I'm not sure it is?

She can't even move into Opaline's old place, now that it's collapsed. She's homeless, too. Living off the land. It's a good thing for her that there are so many bunnies around, I guess.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm going to have to watch episode 9 now just because they don't want me to.

Okay. It's not on YouTube but it's out there.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I figure they just wanted an excuse to play with bunnies and gorge on chocolate. The only good reasons to celebrate easter.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean... is there any reason not to just link it in this thread?

That's a fair question, since this is a free show anyway. The problem is other content we couldn't link to here. I don't know of any place that's just archiving TYT.

You know I swear someone brought this up before, but why exactly do they have Easter? How does that translate into their world?

Well, the dating of our Easter is based on the first full Moon after the start of astronomical spring. I can imagine how G4's society also decided to have a holiday that's so Sun and Moon based. We know that Ponyville at least did observe an official end of winter. It could be a predecessor of G5's holiday. How they ended up with bunnies and eggs is a mystery, but I don't know how we did either.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
That's a fair question, since this is a free show anyway. The problem is other content we couldn't link to here. I don't know of any place that's just archiving TYT.
I'm assuming it's on a site that has content not suitable for these boards. I guess my main question then would be is it going to show that other content in someway at the end of the video or something? Like 'click here to watch this' situations? Or is it a case of "you can go watch other videos on the site from here" Because... youtube is also one of those sites. There is lots of adult stuff on youtube as well.

If you just want to be really safe, I don't mind a PM. I mean I could even find a way to share it if we don't mind that. I do wonder if we could upload it to youtube and just keep the link private? Or heck does anyone besides me have a google docs? We could upload it there if we all wanted to watch it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I gave the okay. It's a free show and the episode was released on the official channel, however briefly. I don't consider ourselves bound by the intended release date because there is no advertised schedule for the show.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
And now the youtube channel uploaded the episode on a Wednesday night. Because, Hasbro has lost control of their lives.

Smoothies! Smoothies for ALL! So says the ALICORN! Does this count as a abuse of her powers or not?

Posey did NOT get pelted with a smoothie from the sky! Things are turning around for our girl count...1.

Stupid giant eggs, blocking traffic in the sky...what?

So...no one knows how this egg got here? Well, I'm sure nothing bad can come from that.

Time to make a giant omelette?

Pipp, Sunny already covered the egg with brightly-colored smoothies. I think the egg is fashionable enough right now?

Looking at the egg, this is either a giant Dragon egg...or some sort of Cenobite-summoning puzzle. (Heh...the Lam-egg Configuration)

Sunny's getting into the egg puns now. It's spreading.

A Firehawk! That's...random. But, eh, what's Easter without some chicks or Marshmallow Peeps?

This guy needs to hire a few babysitters. Or start a petting zoo.

Find someone who will love you the way Izzy loves this giant mystery egg.

Why does the giant mystery egg have Izzy's cutie mark on it? Is the Mysterious Voice behind this, too?

Okay, I was kidding about the Cenobites before, but maybe don't keep pressing magic buttons on the egg?

Misty has a problem. Whenever she sees a mystical button she just presses it.

Pipp is into anything that has her branding on it.

Okay...well...Zipp "flapping" her piece of the puzzle awkwardly sure is well animated. Weird scene, though.

Sunny gets...the BIGGEST BUTTON! Press it! Press it HARD! (Sunny's agent was working overtime this week)

You've just released Squirk from his ancient prison! Or King Charlatan. We're kind of running out of good G1 villains to reference, at this point.

And it releases...some sort of Easter-Bird? It's pretty, but I don't know what that is....or WHY it is. It just...magically produces Easter eggs. Okay.

Posey, what part of that bird says "Firehawk" to you? It's clearly something else. Posey's panic is premature count...1.

And they're the BEST kind of eggs. Chocolate Eggs! Okay, we need to find a way to breed this bird in captivity.

Sure, they're tasty now. But, wait until you find one three weeks from now in a bush you didn't check.

Oh, so Dad-Bunny DID leave them a giant egg...with their cutie marks on it....he just had that lying around?

Okay, fine, you can have ONE more egg pun. It's a whole year until next Easter, anyway.

I guess they settled on Eggmund for Bunny-Dad's name. Egg-WARD is nonexistant now! And so, he disappears under his sea of children. Waiting to re-emerge next year.

...Wait a second! This isn't a continuation of the last episode at all! I was kind of expecting a payoff with Twitch going undercover. Was there a planned special that got axed that was supposed to slot in here?

You know, this suddenly occurred to me without any real reason. Could the female Mysterious Voice be connected to Allura's "brother" that she can hear inside her head from the special? Could there be TWO people trapped in whatever otherworldly dimension they might be stuck in?

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Fun episode, but nothing ground breaking. I think the writers have heard the fandom, cause the roll call thing hasn't been removed, but they did whittle it down a fair bit.

Top Bottom