Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Again.

I'm stuck. I knew how this episode would end up. I knew it. But I can't just skip any episode that promises to be Sparky-centric, because he is actually cute and likable most of the time. My current strategy is to try to pause and quit whenever it becomes obvious that the inevitable is upon us.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I honestly wonder if this is the moment a lot of people give up on G5.

G5 going out not with a whimper but with a...*SIGH*

I'll be honest...I've seen worse. MUCH worse. A good chunk of 90s Nickelodeon alone. A good chunk of 90s comedies in general, really. But, this WAS bad. And unnecessary. It didn't have to happen. And it's not even a "clever" twist on this kind of joke, it's just...crass.

There's even a topic up on Equestria Daily about the particulars of this specific episode's ending. I won't link to it, but it's there.

It doesn't really bother me as much as it seems to bother others. But, it is more lowbrow than it needs to be. It's the absolute lowest of lowest common denominator stuff. I can't blame people if they're turned off by it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not a quitter. Unless I'm trying a new thing and I'm not good at it right away.

I'm bothered, but I'll still be back in two weeks for my Pipp fix. She is still the best part of the show. Even here, she had me enjoying this episode for a while. They created a situation where she could be self-indulgent yet entirely thoughtful, and she was a good sport when it didn't work out.

I do recall that the Low Road had some great stuff in it too.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen

This episode is MUCH better than the last one.
Oh no, this isn't a good alley to be down. This is one of those tragic backstory alleys.

Sunny has angered the Fruit Mafia. Starting that community garden has really cut into their business, I guess.

Oh, I guess this is just a commercial. It...got my attention, at least.

"Like kiwi-paya, pear-nana, and razzle-berries!" ...I both fear and admire these new fruits. GMOs have gone too far?

Oh, they didn't even get real costumes for the commercial. Technology puts another business out of business, I guess. But, if it was all a app, why wasn't Sunny ALSO in the fruit-filter?

No one wants to try Sunnys new freak-fruits. Probably a wise decision. There's a 50/50 chance those fruits turn out to be sentient.

Izzy's limit on any topic is 2,999,999 subjects. Girl needs to work on her memory.

Oooh, it's one of those fancy vending machines where you can mix your own drinks. I like those. They repurposed their baking bot, Botty McBakerton, to make smoothies. (He's from TYT 33 Filly Filling/The one where Pipp is baked into a pumpkin pie)

I give this robot one minute before it malfunctions and starts attacking everypony.

Everyone's favorite smoothie flavors: Posey likes Tropical Treat, Thunder likes Banana, Izzy likes Dreamy Greeny, Hitch is Super Citrus, Zipp likes Peanut Butter and Banana, Misty likes Merry Berry, and Pipp likes Strawberry Ripple.

Almost a minute on the dot since being introduced...poor robot TRIED not to be a cliche.

Everyone's reaction at 2:38 needs to be a meme.

The racoonicorns will eat well tonight. Off the streets and walls, but they're used to that.

Misty's kind of just hanging out with everyone today. It's nice to have her around.

Number of bunnies emotionally-scarred by smoothies: 1.

5 hours in the hair salon...I honestly don't know if that's unusual or not.

Everyone's going to end up with massive brain-freeze from just gulping down a face-full of smoothie so fast. Kind of a neat action scene, though.

The only thing it took for everyone to try new flavors was a crazy malfunctioning robot shooting smoothies right in their faces. Lesson...learned?

OF COURSE Posey would be hanging up her clean, white sheets to dry today of all days. Posey's timing is legendary count: 1.

And then we pan over to see Posey's garden covered in smoothies. Would smoothies make good fertilizer or not? I guess it would depend on how much sugar Sunny adds to her smoothies? The ice probably wouldn't help the garden, though.

I guess Izzy has to fill in for the Rufus the magician's bunny since the bunny's going to be in therapy for a while.

The fear on Sparky's face when cornered by the smoothie-bot...

The Alicorn Special! Honestly, a smoothie made by mixing ALL the smoothies would probably end up being pretty gross in real life.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
*fingers crossed*

I like the instant contrast from the thumbnail to the first frame of animation.

Wat?

Smoothie advertising is serious business.

"My new smoothies are 100% GMO" =D

We've got Pipp in this episode.

Posey likes what she likes.

Misty is brave being back again so soon.

I was going to say that 3,000,000 combinations of the same ingredients seems excessive... but I love Taco Bell.

The smoothie machine talks. I have no idea what this episode is doing.

"It's risky to try anything else." This is typical kid logic... but also typical horse logic.

There is the dumbest crisis I've seen yet.

There is no indication that Misty is on a mission this time, yet here she is following the group like the Mane 6 member she's destined to be. Trying a smoothie was a life changing event for her and she really wants another one.

Of course Queen Haven is here for this.

They laid it on so thick that I'm surprised they didn't go through with it.

The music in this episode is so very 1980s arcade. Now even the sound effects are. Come to think of it even this solution they've come up with seems like something out of a silly old arcade game. This show's creators were clearly in a mood when they made this episode. I can respect that.

This would be a better episode if the show were still weekly and if the previous episode hadn't been horrible. This was aggressively dumb but the creators clearly had fun with it. As a weekly five minute diversion, okay. But the next episode is in two weeks and it's been too many weeks since the last good episode.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Sparky. My finger hovers over the pause button.

Zipp looks entirely enthusiastic today.

Chocolate eggs. We have an Easter episode.

Sparky has eaten something. My finger hovers over the pause button.

This is an even dumber disaster than last week two weeks ago. But I can work with this. I can buy that Zephyr Heights is such a pampered society that their disaster threshold is significantly lower than Maretime Bay's. To complete this, I want to see Bridlewood having a disaster threshold that is extraordinarily high because things are so broken to begin with.

I like Cloudpuff's morph ball mode.

Zipp is really having a good time today. This is nice to see.

You really could have just gone over the log, or around it, but I guess this works too.

So how did the rabbit cross the chasm?

This setting has talking semi-anthro (very very semi) animals.

Rabbits are good at multiplying.

10 fire extinguishers in one week. Sparky's breath is just normal fire sometimes.

*raises finger about to say something... lowers it*

I was going to say "No one other than this rabbit can cut this ribbon" but, um.... yeah. Ponies can't use scissors. This is an episode about Zephry Heights having the stupidest problem because they need someone with a pair of paws to operate a simple tool. I feel like this show is giving me what I want and also making fun of me for wanting it, and I accept it.

This is another episode that would be better if this were still a weekly show, but I talked myself into liking it enough.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Someone gave the baby sugar, didn't they?

"Who wants chocolate eggs!" Adding fuel to the fire. Great.

Aww, Sparky's so happy to see her...chocolate eggs. They actually seem to calm him down....odd.

Okay, I know Hitch is busy with the baby, but there's NO WAY there's that much crime in Maretime Bay. Unless those are all complaints filed by Posey. That's my headcanon.

"Just take baby steps. Or dragon baby steps! Heh Heh." Zipp is far too proud of that joke. Hitch is rubbing off on her.

The Royal Egg-stravaganza! These ponies sure love holidays...except Hearts and Hooves Day (seriously, show, explain?)

So there's a giant bunny who has a ARMY of egg-hiding bunnies? That...actually kind of lines up with the video game, now that I think about it. It's not the same boss, but...are there rival gangs of bunnies?

Wait a second! These are...NORMAL BUNNIES! Not the bunny-corns we usually see! What...huh?

*Bunny throwing eggs in the toilet* Someone just needs to fill his quota at work.

Oh, newscaster pony you sure do love your puns.

Cloudpuff has a puffball mode....that tracks.

Jeopardy musical reference!

The pony government is watching...ALWAYS!

Wow, that is one depressed looking giant bunny.

Sparky eating that many carrots CANNOT be a good thing.

This entire adventure is just giving Zipp TONS of obstacle course ideas.

How did Eggmund the bunny manage to get past all these obstacles?

Huh, this cottage sure reminds me of Fluttershy's place.

THE BUNNY CAN TALK?!

This raises several questions. Is the Easter Bunny using child labor? Can ALL these animals talk if they get old enough? What horrible tragedy befell his bunny-wife? Is it Egg-WARD like in the title or Egg-MUND like what they're saying in the episode?

A parent breaking down crying at someone offering to babysit for free...this is the most realistic thing in the entire episode.

At some point, this isn't really "hiding" the eggs, so much as "drowning" everyone in eggs.

To complete this, I want to see Bridlewood having a disaster threshold that is extraordinarily high because things are so broken to begin with.

Hmm...

Izzy: Everyone come quick! It's a emergency!

*Cut to a Giant Cthuthlu-beast rampaging across Bridlewood*

Sunny: Oh no! I don't know if we can handle something like this!

Izzy: ...Oh, no, that's just Louie. Hi, Louie! *waves* I called you here for something much worse! ....We're all out of coffee at the cafe!

*Cut to a bunch of depressed beatnik ponies just staring into their empty cups...a single tear rolling down one's face*

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Someone gave the baby sugar, didn't they?

The problem with Sparky's transformation magic is you can give him anything, and it can become sugar if he wants.

Okay, I know Hitch is busy with the baby, but there's NO WAY there's that much crime in Maretime Bay. Unless those are all complaints filed by Posey. That's my headcanon.

There's a few possibilities, and they're all compatible.

- It's complaints by Posey.

- This show is trying to be timely, and Maretime is a coastal town. We just had Spring Break down here. This number of complaints is very believable.

- This amount of paperwork is normal, but it used to be Sprout's job. He was an unexpected master of making the paperwork go away. No one ever recognized how efficient he was at that part of his job until he was gone, and now they don't know his secret.

He threw this stuff in the trash.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen

Even Opaline doesn't know how Misty got into this one!

Who designed this parachute though? That chord is NOT made for hooves.

The fans are going to eat up this skydiving outfit. There WILL be fanart!

Huh...Misty's showing Opaline some attitude. That's...unusual.

The bunnycorns really should be used to these kind of antics by now. They live right by the Lighthouse for goodness sakes.

Why weren't some of these other bunnycorns at family dinner? Is there...bunnycorn family drama afoot?

Seriously, Misty has a blowtorch? What happened to her while she was offscreen?

Sunny seems to be stress-cooking.

They're going to have to patch that hole, too. Who do you call to fix a giant glass tube like that? I mean...I guess Pipp and Zipp can probably find SOMEONE, being royalty, but....

Hitch is having his own adventures, I guess. Also...Sparky WILL eat bees.

Misty is everywhere, all the time, all at once.

That IS a nice looking tree...that she brought back from the dead. Sunny can resurrect the dead...confirmed?

Oh, well now Sunny has even MORE super-powers than she had before. Imagine the SALADS she'll be able to make NOW!

"What is TAKING SO LONG?!" That's what we're all wondering about Make Your Mark, Opaline.

"Hiiyee, Misty" "Byyyee, Misty!" Something about this is just so cute.

Zipp...SUPSPECTS (...again)! Weird that Misty was laying on top of a bunch of broken glass, though.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I dislike this biweekly schedule. I wasn't sure if today was going to have an episode or not.

But I'm glad there's an episode today. Yay show. *click*

Misty! Something terrible is already happening to her.

This really wasn't designed for hooves.

Misty's attitude towards Opaline has changed. She's not rebellious yet, but she's going to stick up for herself if she hasn't done anything wrong yet.

I'm okay with her holding this since she has actual suction cups on her hooves right now. That feels intentional. Someone on this team is trying to throw me a bone.

I was halfway through writing a complaint but I'll give Zipp this one. There's no way they got up there so fast that whoever cut the glass couldn't have grabbed the crystals if that was the goal. So it's fair for Zipp to wonder what the culprit wanted when the crystals were left untouched. Of course, we know the culprit is Misty, who once again panicked and didn't complete the job, but Zipp is assuming a competent villain.

Also, Zipp has no guess as to who could have done this. It's kinda surprising that she doesn't consider her previous suspect, but it's fair. It's been months without an incident. She's moved on.

It's a small thing, but I like that they have this discussion over breakfast. From a pure storytelling standpoint it adds nothing, but on some other level it adds soul.

Once again, Pipp gets an undeniable thrill out of real danger. I feel like this fits. She used to live in a virtual prison. Her phone was her only contact with the outside world. She is desperate for some reality. Even if it's a dangerous situation. It's real. It's not scripted and choreographed for her by a full time staff. She doesn't know what's going to happen. That excites her.

Hitch needs a day off so bad.

This episode is taking the strangest swerve. I expected an investigation, but now it's alicorn training? I guess she's been procrastinating on her training this whole time, and she can't skip it now just because there's an active situation. She still has to do it.

Something got impaled on Sunny's horn. Izzy is contagious.

Izzy totally expected one of those tomatoes to get impaled on her horn. It's a nice character moment that didn't require a single bit of dialog.

I am transformed.

I genuinely cannot come up with a way that Misty can get out of this one.

Oh. She just ran for it.

All suspicions immediately dropped. Misty's inability to be taken seriously is an advantage for once.

Come on, Zipp. Put 2 and 2 and 2 together.

Shadewing

Citizen
I think the others mostly accept that Misty is is super anxious and just socially awkward; so they largely don't think her being panicy and running is anything important.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Episode 50!

Noice.

Misty.

How did Pipp even manage that?

There has to be drugs in this pie. There is no other explanation for how this is going.

Opaline is now a proper Hasbro villain, laughing until she's coughing.

Villain song.

G5's music continues to be a step down from G4. I miss the days of "Let's make this sound like Danny Elfman, because we can."

Why would you send Misty on an assignment with zero room for error? You've already lost before you started.

Opaline spent a lot of time carefully sculpting and painting these miniatures.

Oh good grief. How bored is she?

The banana video makes a comeback. ... New headcanon: The video didn't actually go viral. Most of the views were from Opaline watching it on loop.

This is completely ridiculous now.

Lovely animation on that magic.

Misty... did it?

... She sent Misty on a "mission" just to get takeout.

Legend has it that raccoonicorn is still in orbit to this day.

Misty continues to be very mildly rebellious.

Aw she has a new pet.

I don't know. The song sucked, but I ended up having fun.

TYT is trying. MYM Opaline became annoying, and TYT has been trying to salvage the situation by showing that this is a persona she deliberately plays up. It kinda works.

The whole villainous assignment was to get a smoothie. This is their dynamic now. Maybe she got curious about all those sweets Misty has been bringing home.

That said, we also got a brief hint of what she's going to be like when she inevitably gets her power back. I think they want us to be caught off guard when we finally see her being dangerous. It might work. Time will tell.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Everybody likes pie. No exceptions!

Pipp's snorty laugh is kind of cute.

Y'know, there's being a "messy eater", but these ponies take it to a new level. I have no idea how you even get pie in your ears. Especially when they're so high above your mouth.

Oh, they're wasting that good pie in a pie fight. I think I've seen this fanfic, though.

Opaline still doesn't have this whole "evil laugh" thing down, just yet.

Opaline's all alone...time for a Risky Business montage? ("Just take those old records off the shelf!")

Oh, new dresses AND a song. Someone's getting a new toy, I guess. I wonder who makes her dresses and crowns for her? I guess that'd be Misty's job. I can't see her buying them, and Misty may or may not be competent enough to steal them.

I want to know how Opaline got the remote that controls the fire around her lair.

Remember kids, Villain Songs don't just happen. They take hard work and practice!

Green spiked shoulder pads. Opaline has a 90s villain look.

Opaline's a bit of a...clothes horse! ...I'll see myself out.

What was the point of "voting" on ice cream flavors, if they're just getting individual cones, anyway?

Opaline made her own figurines of the Mane 5. She and Sunny really do have more in common than either likes to admit.

"Oh, I'm Sunny,,,I have SO MANY FRIENDS!" ...Someone's lonelier than she likes to admit. *Looks at the rest of the episode* Obviously.

Opaline's not great a hooficures. Noted.

Opaline likes to rewatch old episodes of this show. Also, noted. Also, that "My Bananas" song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. CURSE YOU OPALINE!

Even Opaline's castle isn't secure against the all-encompassing power of the racoonicorns. They really can get in anywhere.

Y'know...I think Opaline's kitchen is actually SMALLER than the Mane 5's in the lighthouse. Weird, considering she's in a castle.

That racoonicorn actually pulls off that pink wig pretty well.

...What does the purple heart in the smoothie do? I assume it's some sort of...hard candy or something that gives the smoothie a little different flavor?

Misty REFUSES to miss karaoke night. I kind of hope we get to see that, eventually.

Wait, WAS this the same racoonicorn that was chasing Misty at the end of episode 45/The one where the parade is ruined by out of control animals? *Goes to check* Nope. That one was purple, this one was blue. That would've been a nice touch.

Would Opaline's rule actually be that bad? She seems like kind of a homebody. Just make sure she can get her takeout and I don't know if she'd care about governing the rest of pony society. She actually seems to like most of what pony society is making. Hooficures, entertainment, smoothies, fashion. She...just doesn't want to have to do a job to actually PAY for it.

The banana video makes a comeback. ... New headcanon: The video didn't actually go viral. Most of the views were from Opaline watching it on loop.

Headcanon: ACCEPTED!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Everybody likes pie. No exceptions!

It depends on my mood, but pie is more satisfying than cake sometimes.

Pipp's snorty laugh is kind of cute.

It fits her slightly piggy proportions.

Oh, they're wasting that good pie in a pie fight. I think I've seen this fanfic, though.

We need an explanation for why they went quite so wild over this pie.

Maybe they lost a lot of their recipes in the great war and sugar is a fairly recent rediscovery.

Opaline still doesn't have this whole "evil laugh" thing down, just yet.

My theory is that evil laughter is stress relief. It's always the villains who know they're villains. That has to feel heavy even if they act like they like it, and they laugh to vent.

But Opaline truly doesn't feel bad about being a villain, so she hasn't yet found the evil laugh she just knows she's supposed to have. There's nothing to vent, so the laugh is hollow.

Oh, new dresses AND a song. Someone's getting a new toy, I guess. I wonder who makes her dresses and crowns for her? I guess that'd be Misty's job. I can't see her buying them, and Misty may or may not be competent enough to steal them.

Definitely Misty's job. She had to do something before she was allowed to go on missions.

I want to know how Opaline got the remote that controls the fire around her lair.

eBray.

I want to believe there's some mailpony who's been delivering packages to this castle the whole time and never mentioned the place to anypony. Just another customer in the middle of nowhere.

What was the point of "voting" on ice cream flavors, if they're just getting individual cones, anyway?

You saw how much pie they happily wasted. Maybe there's a deal today and they can order snacks in bulk, but it has to be bulk orders of the same flavor. No mixed cases.

Opaline made her own figurines of the Mane 5. She and Sunny really do have more in common than either likes to admit.

Everyone's assuming Opaline made them because it's funny, but it's entirely possible that Misty made them.

"Oh, I'm Sunny,,,I have SO MANY FRIENDS!" ...Someone's lonelier than she likes to admit. *Looks at the rest of the episode* Obviously.

At least she has another pet by the end of this one.

Even Opaline's castle isn't secure against the all-encompassing power of the racoonicorns. They really can get in anywhere.

They're the new seaponies. They will find you.

Y'know...I think Opaline's kitchen is actually SMALLER than the Mane 5's in the lighthouse. Weird, considering she's in a castle.

She doesn't need a big kitchen. She's only ever cooked for one.

Misty sad.png

Would Opaline's rule actually be that bad? She seems like kind of a homebody. Just make sure she can get her takeout and I don't know if she'd care about governing the rest of pony society. She actually seems to like most of what pony society is making. Hooficures, entertainment, smoothies, fashion. She...just doesn't want to have to do a job to actually PAY for it.

She's like King Dedede. She has the castle and wants to be acknowledged as ruler but otherwise she'd be largely content to stay in the castle and leave everyone alone.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

It's a TYT week!

*click*

What in the world?

Queen Haven has learned from previous break-ins, of which there have been surprisingly many. This castle needed a security upgrade.

I love that Pipp enjoys dangerous mission stuff as much as Zipp. This is not the dynamic I expected them to have, but it's better.

Pipp can't reach. It's only been 15 seconds and this episode is already a 10/10. Even Sparky can't ruin it now.

Alphabittle.

=<

This show is trying to give me more ponymotes.

Okay it was funny when it wasn't outright acknowledged, but I don't like that the show is shipping them. It makes the world feel smaller.

I suspected a skin allergy but no. This stuff is just not made for unicorns. ... You know, not that this stuff was made this way on purpose, but it makes me think that Canterlogic probably wasn't the only company out there trying to make anti-unicorn and anti-pegasus products, and some of them might work. Until all that stuff filters out of the market, this is a potential daily hazard.

I don't know why I expected his skin to be back to normal in the next scene. That's something other cartoons do. G5 doesn't have things just go back to normal if they're offscreen for a bit.

I understand. I don't like tea either. It upsets my stomach somehow.

They really need to start designing things for hooves.

*sigh* Way too many kids can relate to this.

I don't care. Pipp struggled to reach something.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
These princesses sure do love stealing stuff. (Or...just breaking into places, whatever) Stealing the crown in the movie, the opening to Make Your Mark, this episode...it's just become a fun sister bonding activity at this point.

All this security is just so that no one can steal the queen's crown again, isn't it? I think she took that personal.

First Misty, now Pipp and Zipp...the pony who's selling all this spy gear is eating well, lately.

Wait, it's...ANOTHER Mare's Day?! A year has already passed in-world? This is all happening in REAL TIME?!

Wow, the mother doesn't even WANT to spend Mare's Day with her daughters. Cold, Queen Haven, STONE cold. But, I have to applaud the consistency. She always has some excuse to peace out and not spend the whole day together with her own daughters.

WHHAAAAAA?! Alphabittle and Queen Haven are...A CANON COUPLE!? Haven-bittle is real?! I really never expected them to actually address it, especially not in Tell Your Tale.

Oh, no, don't do the thing where the kids try to break up the mom's date only to feel guilty and then set them up again. Well, at least it's only 5 minutes this time. *SIGH*

*Pipp and Zipp's horrified faces* Those are the faces of ponies who are realizing that their mother....kisses, let's say.

Aww, Alphabittle's so happy to be included. I mean...he literally has NOTHING else. He was sleeping in the woods that one time, he needs someone to watch out for him.

The things that Pipp and Zipp must be imagining right now....poor kids are going to need some brain bleach.

The guardpony (Thunder?) can throat sing...noted.

Why is the mask literally burning him?! A allergic reaction is one thing, but this is extreme.

Say what you will, but that throat-singing guardpony is dedicated. The show must go on.

They made a facemask that Unicorns are allergic to? That...makes since given their history of hating each other, actually. That was a biological weapon at one point...I wonder when they started using it for face-care?

Well, at least Zipp didn't do it on purpose.

Well, okay, this is just because Alphabittle's a big guy. They could have stepped OUT of the box, just a little.

HEH! Okay, Alphabittle getting his horn stuck in Pipp's tiara is kind of clever.

All the girls have personalized cups that match their colors. Nice touch.

Huh...I guess cake-ghosts aren't the only thing that unicorns have to worry about. I guess Alphabittle didn't do the anti-ghost chant right for the cocoa. Unicorns are just naturally haunted, I guess. (It's a reference to TYT 38 Foal Food).

Aww, Queen Haven likes it. They DO make a cute couple. It also finishes off Pipp and Zipp.

*Pipp and Zipp hauling Alphabittle so he can fly* Okay, I'll give it to them. The sisters ARE trying to make this work. They ARE putting in some effort to help make their mom happy. Credit where it's due.

*OH-EE-YEAH TAILSPIN! OH-EE-YOH TAILSPIN!* (Nice animation during that spiral)

I mean, to be fair, Alphabittle is the one who hit the ground the hardest.

"I think it's best I leave you ponies to your special...FAMILY day..." With parental guilt like that, Alphabittle's going to make a great dad!

"Wow, walking is SO SLOW!" ...and awkward!

"We're really happy our mom has a new friend" Yes...her new..."friend"...sure. Just...don't go into her room when the two of them have their..."sleepovers" okay?

I guess everybody likes that stuff. You just can't smell it. I do wonder what it's supposed to be. Cocoa? Tea? Gravy?

*Entering Yenta mode* So, when can we expect Pipp and Zipp to get a little brother or sister? And what do they name the baby? Kipp? Blipp? OH...Snipp! That name has history!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These princesses sure do love stealing stuff. (Or...just breaking into places, whatever) Stealing the crown in the movie, the opening to Make Your Mark, this episode...it's just become a fun sister bonding activity at this point.

And their mother stole a wall. This just runs in the family.

First Misty, now Pipp and Zipp...the pony who's selling all this spy gear is eating well, lately.

This may have already been a thriving industry before reunification, or defense companies that didn't get run out of town pivoted to making stuff like this.

Wait, it's...ANOTHER Mare's Day?! A year has already passed in-world? This is all happening in REAL TIME?!

Whether this is ultimately a good idea or not, their commitment to it is fascinating.

Wow, the mother doesn't even WANT to spend Mare's Day with her daughters. Cold, Queen Haven, STONE cold. But, I have to applaud the consistency. She always has some excuse to peace out and not spend the whole day together with her own daughters.

This family is fascinatingly damaged. They've been through some stuff. I don't know if it's going to get fixed because it may not be serious enough to ever come to a head. It's the kind of situation where just because there's no hard feelings doesn't mean they can just go back to the way things were.

WHHAAAAAA?! Alphabittle and Queen Haven are...A CANON COUPLE!? Haven-bittle is real?! I really never expected them to actually address it, especially not in Tell Your Tale.

I don't like it, for worldbuilding reasons rather than character reasons. It just makes the world seem smaller.

They made a facemask that Unicorns are allergic to? That...makes since given their history of hating each other, actually. That was a biological weapon at one point...I wonder when they started using it for face-care?

Canterlogic's gak launcher now seems a lot more ominous. Theirs didn't work like this but they might have tried.

Well, okay, this is just because Alphabittle's a big guy.

For you.

Okay, I'll give it to them. The sisters ARE trying to make this work. They ARE putting in some effort to help make their mom happy. Credit where it's due.

This gives the episode a huge boost, for me. This could have been a lot harder to watch, but once again MLP stared an annoying yet common trope in the face and decided not to do it. No one had to do the wrong thing for the sake of the plot. Everyone tried to make it work, and it just didn't.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen

Don't have a lot to say like you guys, I just kinda watch them and enjoy. HOWEVER:

Um Hitch can you even take a week off? I mean you're the only law enforcement the town has. You can't just up and leave! Who's acting Sherif? It's certainly not Sprout this time.

I do absolutely love when Zip tries to take a peek at Pip's cards. The goofy expression of Zip's and Pip shoving her away is exactly what it's like to be siblings.

So... can't you just fly your RV thing to the place? Do you NEED to be on the ferry?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
EPISODE!

Yeah maybe don't use hot tools while you're sleepy.

Reality ensues with Sunny's cart. It's always been incredibly obvious that the thing is not secured at all.

Ah. I didn't expect it to be the news ponies doing this narration. I guess the regular commercial breaks don't bring enough revenue.

Hitch suffers so much.

Wait, the police station is closed? Hitch doesn't trust his deputies to run it for the week? Nevermind. The last time he let his deputy run the place nopony liked it.

Their ship is back. It's been so long that I've already forgotten the name.

Pipp packs like Rarity.

Letting Zipp fly this ship is more dangerous than Opaline could ever be.

That is one perfectly placed time skip.

Too soon, Izzy.

Why did you even bring Sparky? How is this even going to be a vacation for you?

They instantly see the humor in their situation.

G5 music sucks. What happened?

That ship is packed with amenities. It really is an RPG team boon.

What do you even need the ferry for? You have an airship. They are wise not to let Zipp fly over the ocean.

Sad Pipp.

All you need is each other... and your own private airship.

The end. We never get to see how badly Maretime Bay fell apart over the week.

That was fun. Vacation episode turned into a lost in the woods episode. But they've already done a lost in the woods episode, so this one has them immediately hit the acceptance stage. It's a laugh or cry situation, and they choose to laugh.

Top Bottom