Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
"Under the Mistytoe"...Must...suppress...jokes!

Zipp...the bestest driver! They really need better seatbelts on this thing.

Cloudpuff got a winter outfit! The prophecy was true!

How did Misty get here? Was she UNDER the Marestream while it was flying?

"Awww....Look at their matching hats! They look sooo cute!" It's official, Misty WOULD buy toys of the Mane 5. That's enough of a sponsorship for me. Get on those toys, Hasbro!

"What are those ridiculous things on their heads" ...They're hats. Does Opaline not know what hats are? Has she never been to a winter area before?

Aww, sad Misty tugs at my heartstrings. Misty better get a special winter hat by the time this episode's over.

Okay, HOW is the animation of all these different energy sources combining more impressive HERE than in Winter Wishdays proper? This was kind of impressive on a smaller budget.

"All that power should be MINE!" To be fair, if you act quick you probably could bottle some of it. It went everywhere.

"I'm the present!" This is a cute plan.

Huh, Misty usually isn't shown to be that heavy. Izzy picked her up with a hug in MYM. Eating too many holiday cookies?

They all wore their hats to sleep. They love their hats...now only $19.99!

Sparky sleep-eats....that's not good. Imagine the problems that could cause!

Aww, the good ol' stick-n-box trap. Classic.

Misty hat: Acquired! Somehow! I guess she knitted for herself while she was trapped in the present box for hours?

Huh...Opaline likes dressing up like a elf and singing to herself. Okay. Filed away for later.

Even Cloudpuff is kept blindfolded and never actually gets to SEE Opaline...hmm...

"I was in a box once...it's SO FUN!" Heh. They remember that episode.

We got to see what Opaline and Misty were up to during Winter Wishdays. My fan-need is satisfied!

I've missed Misty. We haven't gotten to see her since...October 13, with the Haunted House episode? Really? Two months?

Also, have a bonus music video, based on this week's episode:

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Zipp...the bestest driver! They really need better seatbelts on this thing.
This is a post apocalyptic future. Safety standards don't exist anymore. Canterlogic probably won "Best Places to Work" awards.

Cloudpuff got a winter outfit! The prophecy was true!
They understand the assignment. They know we want to see holiday outfits.

"Awww....Look at their matching hats! They look sooo cute!" It's official, Misty WOULD buy toys of the Mane 5. That's enough of a sponsorship for me. Get on those toys, Hasbro!
At the very least they need to make Zipp. But they really should make the whole set. And a Nightmare Night set. Someone here is trying to print money faster than Hasbro can keep up with it.

"What are those ridiculous things on their heads" ...They're hats. Does Opaline not know what hats are? Has she never been to a winter area before?
Can confirm that you can live your whole life without seeing a proper winter hat.

Okay, HOW is the animation of all these different energy sources combining more impressive HERE than in Winter Wishdays proper? This was kind of impressive on a smaller budget.
Sheer effort and enthusiasm. They keep looking for opportunities to work harder, with fancy effects like this or dynamic "camerawork".

"I'm the present!" This is a cute plan.
They know everyone wants a Misty for Christmas.

Huh, Misty usually isn't shown to be that heavy. Izzy picked her up with a hug in MYM. Eating too many holiday cookies?
Considering that Opaline has probably been feeding her rocks, what do you think happened when she discovered holiday cookies?

Sparky sleep-eats....that's not good. Imagine the problems that could cause!
I will not.

Misty hat: Acquired! Somehow! I guess she knitted for herself while she was trapped in the present box for hours?
She was bored.

"I was in a box once...it's SO FUN!" Heh. They remember that episode.
It was a fun episode. And they do try to remember everything.

We got to see what Opaline and Misty were up to during Winter Wishdays. My fan-need is satisfied!

I've missed Misty. We haven't gotten to see her since...October 13, with the Haunted House episode? Really? Two months?
I am glad we got Winter Wishdays without Opaline. Less is more with her. Letting TYT have her is good. I am surprised we got through all of November without a glimpse though. I want to know what Misty was doing during the November festivities.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Poor Spike.

Power's out. You wonder why I find Maretime Bay such a relatable location.

Why? That's just going to be my only comment every time this happens. Why?

G1 unicorns were the muscle. G4 unicorns were the nerds. G5 Unicorns are weird.

They really want to revive the concept of Izzy being a thief, don't they?

But buying things is so easy. Some of us have no crafting skills whatsoever. You have to learn these things and some people just give up when their kids are born not already knowing how to do things.

Either Izzy's writing is worse than mine or I am losing my ability to read cursive.

Ponies are not good at anything. I will never get tired of it.

Rudolph. Pipp and Zipp are the stars of TYT.

"That doesn't actually magnify." Every kid who got some "11 toys in one" junk that came with a magnifying glass can relate.

TYT does have a ragdoll physics budget, and Pipp's ears are greedy with it.

Just when you think this is going okay, it all falls apart. Literally.

This show is only five minutes long and my dad has interrupted me three times to fetch him something.

Dragon magic is more of a do-anything writer cheat multitool than unicorn magic in this gen. No wonder Opaline wants it so badly.

And the writer forgets how to Izzy.

That was an uneven episode. I'm glad this show is only five minutes long because it makes the weaker episodes less of a letdown than a 22 minute one plus commercials.

This had its moments. An episode like this can fall into the trap of essentially doing the same thing for each character, but they mixed it up slightly. The quality of the gifts varied before they all failed. Sparky did like the red sequins, and unlike some gifts there was nothing evidently wrong with it until they all failed. The episode premise called for everyone to do a bad job, but the writer at least recognized that Zipp's attempt should be above par for the group. The episode also didn't 100% repeat everyone immediately figuring out who made their gift. Hitch didn't figure his out. Pipp did. This episode could have been more repetitive than it was.

I find a crucial bit unbelievable though. My extended family used to do a secret Santa. We picked names on Thanksgiving and brought gifts for Christmas Eve. There is no way these ponies managed to draw names from a hat without anyone picking their own name. It's statistically possible to get it right in one try but I have never seen it. Not even once.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Final boss time? The Pony of Shadows has returned!

Izzy's little song and dance is too cute. "Sing the Chorus repeatedly"

Is this a cult? Because this feels like how you start a cult.

"MY ELF HAT!" Pipp has a elf hat...there are SO MANY *little* JOKES!

Way to start a game that you have EVERY advantage in, Izzy.

Rudolph is apparently a thing in Equestria, I guess.

Also, aww, on Zipp being Hitch's Secret Santa/Canter. He keeps getting shipped with everyone.

Okay, maybe Izzy DIDN'T have a unfair advantage, here.

Wait, did they just create a new Journal of Friendship? Sparky's fire sneezes are WAY too convenient sometimes.

Honestly, after the transformation, it seem like the chocolate cake was the weakest gift. That doesn't seem right.

It's also weird that Izzy's new diary didn't transform when everyone else's gift did. Was less "thought" put into it? Maybe it got magical powers? Oh no...Izzy has a Death Note, now!

Izzy DEMANDS her credit! To be fair, THOSE crafting belt gifts weren't part of the Secret Canter exchange, so it's fair game to tell who they're from.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"MY ELF HAT!" Pipp has a elf hat...there are SO MANY *little* JOKES!

I'm ashamed that I didn't catch that.

Also, aww, on Zipp being Hitch's Secret Santa/Canter. He keeps getting shipped with everyone.

They've been getting shipped since their first conversation. Even IDW got the memo on that one. It's great.

Wait, did they just create a new Journal of Friendship?

If so, it's cool that TYT once again got to be first to introduce a new thing. It's a humble slice of G5, but it matters.

Honestly, after the transformation, it seem like the chocolate cake was the weakest gift. That doesn't seem right.

a11.png

Honestly I'd be happiest with the cake.

It's also weird that Izzy's new diary didn't transform when everyone else's gift did. Was less "thought" put into it? Maybe it got magical powers? Oh no...Izzy has a Death Note, now!

It was already everything Izzy could want.

Izzy DEMANDS her credit! To be fair, THOSE crafting belt gifts weren't part of the Secret Canter exchange, so it's fair game to tell who they're from.

Good point. That might elevate my view of the ending a bit.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Pipp livestream.

Pipp is a morning person.

Posey does smile sometimes.

People streaming their fake daily routine is apparently a thing.

Sunny wants some product placement in this stream.

100,000,000 followers. If this is at all realistic, Equestria definitely has more locations than we've seen.

Pipp's team-up with Sparky has crossed over to TYT.

Unicorns aren't the only superstitious ones anymore.

Oh no. Pipp is sick. So that's where the episode's other title comes from.

Izzy is the new Rainbow Dash. What?

Well at least Pipp's followers are getting an authentic experience.

Pipp tossed her phone away. The world is ending.

Sparky has the phone. This is going somewhere.

That's a very chunky soup.

Yup. Sparky's filming this.

Great. Now Hitch is going to hit 100,000,000 followers.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Zipp does not have the patience for this today.

New song! It...kind of fades into the background, honestly.

Is Pipp...signing the phones? Is that a thing, nowadays?

Okay, I'm a little impressed that Pipp was able to make music notes out of the clouds. She only learned how to fly a few months ago!

"Yes! Yes! No! No! No! Yes!" Pipp...this is YOUR salon. Shouldn't you like ALL your own products?

Pipp's got speed-hairstyling skills.

Posey's cute with her mane down.

100 Million followers goal....yeah, the pony population doesn't seem that huge, but okay. However, back in TYT 21 My Bananas, Pipp's fail compilation got 13 BILLION views, so...I guess it's probably doable? (There's a reason I take these notes...also that episode is included in this compilation a little while in).

Oh, this is Hitch's fault. Of course. Also, either a MYM reference or Pipp's still using Sparky's cuteness to get more subscribers.

Pipp always gets sick when she overworks herself. But...I'm not sure if this is really that much more than a regular day for her. She's always streaming something or another on her phone.

I'm surprised Pipp didn't tell her to...Zipp her lip.

"We are healthy! We are fine! Sparkle-Sparkle-Sparkle Shine-Shine-Shine!" Never mention the Scottish Play! How often have they practiced this?

Yeah, being that close to Dahlia means you're liable to catch something. Dahlia's the carrier.

*Everyone gasps when Pipp coughs* Yeah, this is what the world's like post-covid.

It's official, Pipp has...smol-pox!

This cold has progressed incredibly quickly for only a half-day. Pipp's immune system is made of tissue paper.

"Have you seen her lately?! She looks even worse!" Izzy has no filter. We'll see how good you look when you get sick. Karma alone demands it!

Eh, a little photoshop and those pictures would be fine!

And Pipp's cold is jumping species. They're all doomed! And the racoonicorns will delcare war.

That looks less like "soup" and more like a "salad"...but since they're ponies, I guess that makes sense.

Hitch gets shipped with EVERYONE! No exceptions! Even Posey's heart is warmed!

Now everyone's going to get sick, just so they can trick Hitch into taking care of them. Or they'll just get sick because Pipp was around literally everyone today.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
New song! It...kind of fades into the background, honestly.
Music remains a weak point for G5.

Is Pipp...signing the phones? Is that a thing, nowadays?
What could possibly be more appropriate to get signed by Pipp?

Okay, I'm a little impressed that Pipp was able to make music notes out of the clouds. She only learned how to fly a few months ago!
Even if her years of practice were fake, it's still more than other pegasuses were doing. She should be ahead of the curve.

"Yes! Yes! No! No! No! Yes!" Pipp...this is YOUR salon. Shouldn't you like ALL your own products?
The rejects are fine. They're just not today's look. Ponies are paying for that judgment, not just the product.

100 Million followers goal....yeah, the pony population doesn't seem that huge, but okay. However, back in TYT 21 My Bananas, Pipp's fail compilation got 13 BILLION views, so...I guess it's probably doable? (There's a reason I take these notes...also that episode is included in this compilation a little while in).
Pipp is totally using bots.

On the topic of compilations, I see that episodes we saw in compilations are getting standalone releases. They're making it remarkably easy to rewatch a particular episode on the fly just to check something.

Pipp always gets sick when she overworks herself. But...I'm not sure if this is really that much more than a regular day for her. She's always streaming something or another on her phone.
This is definitely more than a regular day. Daily routine videos are all fake.

I'm surprised Pipp didn't tell her to...Zipp her lip.
+1

*Everyone gasps when Pipp coughs* Yeah, this is what the world's like post-covid.
That probably resonates even more with kids than it does with us. They will never forget the time they were told to stay home from school and not go back until... whenever non-Florida reopened.

And then they were still in a mess whenever they did go back. Remember how hard it was to get sent home sick when you were in school? Fever and/or vomiting or go back to class and stop complaining. Not for these kids. It was "Go home immediately and stay there for 14 days just to be sure." Kids probably won't find the speed of Pipp's cold weird at all.

It's official, Pipp has...smol-pox!
+1

That looks less like "soup" and more like a "salad"...but since they're ponies, I guess that makes sense.
Ponies cannot follow a recipe. But he did a good job anyway.

Even Posey's heart is warmed!
Let it be said, this episode included Posey multiple times and nothing terrible happened to her.

I appreciate how this show is treating her lately. She's not cold and grumpy. She just likes what she likes. She is allowed to be herself and be happy about it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
G5 is always there when I need it most.

Ponies and fireworks. This cannot go well.

The Marestream returns.

Silly Hitch. Bridlewood doesn't have regulations.

Ponies always go on an adventure when they trip but this is the most spectacular wipeout since G1.

Good comedic timing with the bird nest.

Sparky is getting more control of his powers.

Oh it's the "X is lost, let's all search our own way and then do it together" episode again.

Posey will once again regret leaving her house.

So the pegasuses had the right plan all along?

Not much to say about this one.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The video image preview looks like one of those "Michael Bay's My Little Pony" parodies. Explosions sent everyone flying!

Oh no, Izzy got ahold of fireworks. Well, it was a nice lighthouse while it lasted. I hope the Mane 5 have good fire insurance. (...Yeah, no insurance company would EVER cover the main characters in one of these shows, what am I thinking?)

"All that spinning has made me one dizzy Izzy" Touch Izzy, get dizzy.

The Grand Unity Fireworks Display. "Christmas" is barely over and we're already on the "4th of July". Pony holidays are strange and numerous.

For a second, I thought Hitch fell on the baby.

The Pippsqueaks found the Bushwoolie's hideout, I see.

Heh, a literal bird's nest in Pipp's hair. Classic.

Aw, everyone's coming together for this. That's nice. Even Posey is celebrating!

Where ARE the Pippsqueak's parents? Shouldn't they at least be AT the party? I guess they're all orphans until proven otherwise.

"These woods?...will eat them alive!" ...Way to keep everyone calm....Thunder? Is your name Thunder? *checks* Yeah, I think that's his name, he hasn't done much.

It's making more and more sense that Bridlewood is/was the Everfree Forest and/or Ponyville.

Wow, Sparky's the one to help get everyone focused. He really is learning a lot from Hitch.

Okay, moving the entire forest seems like it'd be more likely to crush them, but sure, whatever.

Look...it's Ho-Oh!

Huh...did not know they could do that spotlight/bat-signal thing with their cutie marks like that. It looks neat.

I guess the fireworks ponies had NO IDEA any of this happened. I wonder if they had their own adventure trying to make sure the racoonicorns didn't steal their fireworks or something?

This episode's got another "season finale" vibe to me. We still have 28 episodes out of the 70 for the first season left.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Once again G5 is going to be the highlight of my day.

Pipp continues to be the new Rarity in the right ways. Her business has business problems.

G5's wildlife isn't as monstrous as G4's, but I wonder how the property damage will compare in the end.

I love how horrible Bridlewood is. Just give me a horrible inn. Come on. You know you wanna.

This is it. This is going to be the episode that breaks Pipp.

Okay they found something that works. ... Nope.

Sparky why?

Twitcha twitch.

Easy resolution. The stuff seems horrible but it works. A lot of beauty products look like torture devices so I guess that's fair.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
"WHAAAAT?!" The voice actress for Pipp really puts her all into this.

The racoonicorns are rising up. It was only a matter of time, really.

The racoonicorns...ate...the shampoo. Okay. Not the smartest little trash-bandits, but I guess the glimmerberries might taste good?

You know, Izzy probably WILL end up helping in the long run...but they're both end up covered in goo before it's all over. That's just Izzy's process.

Bridlewood has a spa...how goth will this be?

So I was 100% right about being covered in goo. I swear I didn't edit that part in.

"Spog. Bog because it's a bog and special because...IT'S SPECIAL!" Those huge adorable eyes!

Huh, tomatoes on the eyes instead of cucumbers. I...don't know if that's a actual thing or not.

"Potions by Pipp" I'm not sure we've heard it called that before.

Are those carrots Izzy's using as eye-treatments? They're really tempting any wild animals in the area, aren't they?

Oooh, fireflies. Random, but nice touch. Between the fireflies and the glowing rocks, this is actually a nice area, really.

Aww, those are the cutest little swamp parasites, ever!

The spa-ponies don't care if they're working on a mud-double of Pipp. They're getting paid either way.

Pipp made Izzy cry. There WILL be comeuppance. Or maybe THIS is comeuppance for Izzy smack-talking Pipp while she was sick?

The mud is literally making her glow? That's...actually potentially worrisome. Who knows what kind of bio-luminescent bacteria are all over her?

Wait, Izzy isn't glowing. This isn't a normal reaction. Pipp. Shower. NOW!

"THE AGE OF SHAMPOO IS OVER!" This will end badly.

"Shut up and take our money!"

Great, it's mutating the crabs. And no Rarity in sight. Can Pipp take up the sword to defeat the future giant enemy crabs? Find out...next time!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"WHAAAAT?!" The voice actress for Pipp really puts her all into this.
She's the best. But they also give her the best material to work on.

The racoonicorns are rising up. It was only a matter of time, really.
This needs to be a brick joke someday. We can already see it building. The Racoonicorn Empire will be a surprise superpower in Equestria.

"Potions by Pipp" I'm not sure we've heard it called that before.
Rebranding is magic.

Aww, those are the cutest little swamp parasites, ever!
MLP is notably open minded when it comes to what creatures they'll try to make cute. They need to stay on brand to keep Hasbro happy, but it's like they take being on brand as a challenge and try to have fun with it.

The spa-ponies don't care if they're working on a mud-double of Pipp. They're getting paid either way.
This week's winner of the "Not My Job" award.

Pipp made Izzy cry. There WILL be comeuppance. Or maybe THIS is comeuppance for Izzy smack-talking Pipp while she was sick?
I'm sure Izzy has gotten Pipp muddy plenty of times.

While Izzy will interpret your intentions in as optimistic a light as possible for as long as she can, it is entirely possible to get through her. And she can reflect and realize she went wrong somewhere. She is not just a joke.

"Shut up and take our money!"
Of course, it is a product launch. Throwing money at the new thing is exactly why they were there.

Also, Pipp sure does launch new products a lot. Maybe she wasn't exaggerating how busy her average day is.

Great, it's mutating the crabs. And no Rarity in sight. Can Pipp take up the sword to defeat the future enemy crabs? Find out...next time!
Rarity is busy fainting about that "The age of shampoo is over" thing.

This makes me wonder about their classes if we get a D&D episode. Pipp with a sword could be fun.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
TYT is going biweekly. No episode today. Speculation is that it's being done to make sure certain upcoming episodes don't spoil the next MYM chapter. Considering how hard they've tried to stay synchronized (and done a remarkable job, really) I could believe it. Misty immediately appeared after the last MYM chapter. The Marestream got introduced immediately before Winter Wishday. There was no way they could keep that going forever without shifting some airdates here and there.

Top Bottom