CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yay it's a TYT week.

Still doing Bridlewoodstock stuff.

Sparky is trying to help. That's cute.

Bridlewood has sinkholes... or whatever this is. This place is cursed.

Yeah this one is kinda boring and by the numbers.

Some foods just do not go together.

Hitch actually gets a win for once.

This one was boring. But...

I do like how TYT gets to do multiple episodes around a theme. It was better when they got 4 episodes a month, but whatever. This would be a lousy 22 minute episode. At 5 minutes it's meh at worst, and gets a slight boost because there's at least 1 other episode sharing the burden of what it has to do. It's just one piece of the whole Bridlewoodstock expansion pack. I can't be too bothered that it isn't great.

At least we get to see some more food trucks, and crowds. It's become really noticeable that MYM can't do crowds. Every event looks deserted. TYT does not have this limitation. So as part of an expansion pack it is adding material MYM could not do by itself.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We got a new reaction gif at least.

3162837.gif

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's a TYT week!

Thumbnail says it's a Misty episode.

That phone is apparently waterproof.

Oh I love that phone at the top. It has knobs and dials!

Maretime Bay is also experiencing this heat wave.

Hi Misty.

Why does Zipp care that no one is at the beach? Is she that bothered that no one saw her moves? Or does her detective brain just need to make sure there's no interesting reason why no one is at the beach?

Nice try, Sparky.

The visual of Zipp getting blasted when she opens the door is the highlight of the episode so far. It feels like the writers forgot why anything is happening so now things are just happening.

I'm pretty sure we've seen Misty at the beach before, but she was on a mission so I guess that didn't count.

I didn't think surfing involved going underwater on purpose.

Pipp's voice acting is always enjoyable at least.

Zipp just gave us a new reaction gif.

Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn.

And the moral of today's story is... people will not listen to anything anymore unless that hear it on social media first.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Zipp has discovered surfing. This will end with a lot of surfer lingo, won't it? Totally gnarly!

Zipp with wet hair looks good. I like this look for her.

Heh...Pipp's ID picture for Zipp on her phone is great. They really are sisters.

It's official...magic coming back is causing global warming. The crimes that magic causes continue to grow.

Zipp is the most resistant to the heat. Must be naturally hot-blooded.

Posey...you know those type of hand fans actually make you HOTTER on a hot day from having to wave your arms around, right?

Aw, Sparky's being a little prankster. I guess days like today are what keeps Sunny in business.

Zipp's confirmed for being a dirty, dirty little line cutter.

Please stop fueling Dahlia's smoothie addiction. I'm worried about the poor girl.

Windy didn't make it. Oh well, step over her body and get ahead of her in line!

Hmm...Misty doesn't seem to be doing too badly in this heat, either. I guess when you live with a Fire Alicorn, you learn how to live with the heat.

Couldn't the ponies outside...just come inside? I see no conflict here.

Great, now they're all sweaty and covered in glitter. This is just their lives now.

Misty's the cutest stalker ever. She used to use her stalking powers for evil...but now she can use them for GOOD!

Misty's never had a beach day...join the club *pouts*

They have crabs now...

Coconuts grow around here, I guess. What IS this local geography?

Is Posey wearing a BLANKET on the beach? Why when it's so hot out?

Even Senior Butterscotch gets to join in on the fun!

Zipp's righteous rage is building! DO IT!

The shippers will be pleased by this episode.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Zipp with wet hair looks good. I like this look for her.

This must drive Pipp crazy. She works so hard at her styling business while Zipp just naturally rocks any look.

It's official...magic coming back is causing global warming. The crimes that magic causes continue to grow.

Probably. Equestria now has snowier winters and hotter summers. They broke the world.

Aw, Sparky's being a little prankster.

Once again he's being surprisingly likable. I hope the worst is over and this is the new normal. He's certainly developed quite a bit. He's already literate.

Couldn't the ponies outside...just come inside? I see no conflict here.

A lot of silly Europeans still don't have air conditioning and then complain when it's hot. Maybe Maretime Bay is like that.

They should have turned Canterlogic into an A/C factory.

Misty's the cutest stalker ever. She used to use her stalking powers for evil...but now she can use them for GOOD!

I was wondering why Misty didn't just talk to Zipp while she was watching this all day, but I like the idea that she hasn't let go of old habits yet. She's switched sides but she's still our Misty. She even got a failure montage here.

Misty's never had a beach day...join the club *pouts*

They don't have beaches where you're from?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
They don't have beaches where you're from?
I'm in a land-locked state. The closest we have is a stream...but I wouldn't trust the water in it. Farmland runoff and all.

Once again he's being surprisingly likable. I hope the worst is over and this is the new normal. He's certainly developed quite a bit. He's already literate.

Now there's something I didn't really think much about. Sparky can WRITE. Before he can talk! That's...probably more marketable, but still, weird. I guess dragons just have a knack for literature. *Gestures over to Spike mailing letters with his flames*

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm in a land-locked state. The closest we have is a stream...but I wouldn't trust the water in it. Farmland runoff and all.

Doesn't mean you can't have beaches. I used to live in Colorado, and still managed to go to the beach due to a man made one they have near a lake where I was.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't been to a beach in many years. I used to love it, so I don't know why I stopped.

Now there's something I didn't really think much about. Sparky can WRITE. Before he can talk! That's...probably more marketable, but still, weird. I guess dragons just have a knack for literature. *Gestures over to Spike mailing letters with his flames*
I started learning to read before I learned to talk, so I didn't find it odd. Granted I was very late to start talking for some reason.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
What kind of phone does Zipp have? She's literally calling the entire group all at once. Can phones do that?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yes, you can do group calls and video calls. Even before the pandemic hit and those became "useful".

Where can I watch TYT episodes? Cause netflix seems to end at a christmas episode.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have no idea how to do it, but I know my phone can do it.

Where can I watch TYT episodes? Cause netflix seems to end at a christmas episode.

Hasbro's been uploading it to YouTube for free since the beginning. The videos posted throughout this thread are all from the official channel.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Sparky's loose again.

The ruined picture trope kinda needs to go away. We're not using disposable cameras with short rolls of film anymore. You can just retake the picture.

Best little buddy ever, but also the town's biggest hazard.

You just got yours, Misty. It takes some time to figure it out.

Callback... to one week ago.

Sparky is offscreen for like 5 frames and already something is going wrong.

Izzy still terrifies Misty. I'm glad some things don't change.

One of us.

G5 music sucks.

Misty failure montage.

Even Hitch is better at smoothies.

There are going to be... interpretations of what their cutie marks just did.

This episode is not very interesting, but it's nice to see that they didn't completely reboot Misty and lose everything that was great about her.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I liked it well enough, but I like Misty so just seeing her try stuff was fun for me.

I also don't think G5 music sucks either, that was a good song, the issue is that G5 music is basically all the same. It's all variations of pop music where in G4 we would get many different styles of music from Rap to straight out ballads. We're not going to get that with G5.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh no, Sparky's hunger has grown too great. It was only a matter of time until he turned on all the ponies.

Victory DENIED! Sorry, Windy. Dahlia had money riding on that race too...now she's got to dodge the pony mafia.

Wow, Hitch caked himself. Our local law enforcement dollars at work. "So, you just saw that, too? I get a new cake, right? I can even get photographic evidence"

D'aww...but I hope the city isn't paying for all the damages. Deep fried orange fries might not be the worst thing, honestly.

Hitch FINALLY gets the fries he's been waiting for since Bridlewoodstock! Justice is served...maybe with a little ketchup.

Oh, Misty has sparkle-envy. We have our plot for the episode.

"Mine's never sparkled like that" Just give it a good whack! That should fix it right up.

Misty, you JUST got your cutie mark. You kind of get the wrong idea about how often a cutie mark usually sparkles, because you're hanging out with the main characters. Most background ponies are lucky to get even a flicker. You got to get yourself a broader set of friends to compare yourself to. You're not weird, THEY'RE the weird ones.

Pipp's rave in a box! Jazz will be smelling colors for weeks! "Am I becoming a Alicorn? Is this what that's like?"

I'm not sure if it's weird that Misty's STILL obsessed with staring at everyone's flank. I mean, it IS Hitch, most of the mares in town are probably doing the same thing.

Hey, musical number! This will either make things better or much, much worse!

"You're one of us, now!" Why does that sound like a threat?

"Best Friends always help you sort stuff out!" "They do?" In our experience, yes. In about 5 minutes, usually. 44 minutes, tops.

I kind of thought we were going to get a flamenco number from the little dance cues. I think I would have liked that better.

Of course, the first thing Izzy has her try out is soldering. Why not?

Sparky's not the best at hide and go seek, since he's constantly giggling. But, he sure does have a love for the game.

That's a very roundabout way of making applesauce...but effective!

The mysteries of glitter are a enigma.

To be fair, Sunny COULD use a little more variety in her drink names. Having more than two drinks with "dream" in the name is just kind of lazy.

Aww, Misty...you wanted to be one of them. This IS being one of them! Have you not been around for the dozens of messes they had to clean up?

"And now you're in some super spooky woods...all alone" And talking to yourself! That's not a good sign.

They've been ALMOST making this a clip show all episode. But, not QUITE going there. I appreciate that.

Umm...what's with the magic circle spiral? That's not usually how these cutie mark glows work?

This is all very nicely animated...but what does it MEAN?

Aww, Izzy had Misty's graduation cap all ready to go. She's a good egg.

Setting off fireworks in the middle of the woods doesn't feel like the BEST idea, but...Misty deserves it.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You just made the episode better. The idea that Misty doesn't know how anything works because she only hangs out with the main characters has potential.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen

Okay this was a good one.

There's just something neat seeing Misty just here now.

It actually took a second to remember that "Oh yeah as filly's Pip and Zip wouldn't be able to fly" Which certainly makes Pip's reaction to being held by Zip understandable. That'd be TERRIFYING. Also something I totally see Zip doing.

"Does this clash with my mane?" I love you Izzy.

Aerobats. A shame the Wonderbolts have been truly forgotten. I kinda imagine if Zip had stayed in her kingdom, she may have tried to bring them back.

"Pancakes all day! Didn't even know you could do that!"

I love how after Zip has the unicorn levitate Posey's hat, when we switch back to Zip Posey is just gone. She's learned that when one of the Mane five(Six now?) is doing something you get FAR away.

Damn that visor has RANGE.

Poor Posey couldn't escape the chaos, and at this point she's just like: "Just another Tuesday. Sigh"

Top Bottom