Sonic The Hedgehog

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
What are you guys talking about?! Chaos IS popular! I conducted a survey of everyone in my vicinity (me!) And it was unanimous* that Chaos is one of the coolest characters ever!

* as unanimous as one can get asking oneself a question one is passionate about.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just figured it was in that new spot because Rouge had stolen it and that place was as far as she had gotten with it before Knuckles caught up to her.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Chaos are extremely popular. People keep wanting them back, but SEGA just keeps adding new stuff like Wisps and Kocos instead.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm fine with Wisps, they serve a functon as being a different kind of power up. Kocos how ever are the just the bastard offspring of Chao and Koroks.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Kocos how ever are the just the bastard offspring of Chao and Koroks.

I don't know. Kocos are pretty unique, in that the game actually wants you to "kill" them. Maybe at least throw in a bit of the Lumas from Mario Galaxy in there?

Last edited:

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
My problem with Shadow in Prime is that, in several of his fights with Sonic, he's trying to get Sonic to listen to him and has several moments where he beats Sonic enough to get him to stop and listen, but in each of those moments, Shadow just keeps trying to beat him down instead of using those opportunities to finally explain himself. Thus, instead of Sonic getting to hear Shadow out when he's down, Sonic is forced to dodge Shadow's next hit and either keep trying to escape from him or retaliate with his own attack, making Shadow look like he cares more about beating Sonic into a pulp instead of telling him the important information that he has to tell him.

I think there's a valid point that Shadow is angry. In a better state of mind he might be able to hold back. It feels the the writers are trying to showcase that Shadow is right about the information he wants to deliver but wrong about the way he's trying to deliver it.

Sonic Prime Season 2 was good! Initial thoughts:

-This show really runs on a Sonic CD-esque structure of running fast enough to warp and then fighting Eggman in a new location, huh.
-The camera work of the new season seemed to help Bosscage Maze the most. It looked way more dynamic than Season 1.
-Rusty Rose is still my favorite character. The fact that being left behind can make her shift to revenge out of feeling abandoned and yet she still thinks she's a disposable tool is fascinating. I know part of it is residual programming but there's a lot of unspoken horror with her character. It's also noteworthy that the three versions of Amy may potentially be the Shatterverse counterparts most capable of getting along and working together. I have a feeling that 'Team Rose' is going to be a late game spoiler for the show.
-The Chaos Council feels like they work better split into pairs than as a group of five, even if just temporarily. And while they still have some bumbling, they feel smarter in this season than the last.
-This show is trying it's hardest to make me think Shadow is cool. They're doing a good job juxtaposing him against Sonic.
-Sonic's gonna feel like hugging Metal after seeing how obnoxious a robot copy who talks can be.
-*sigh* Fans are probably go nuts for the new super form even though it only lasted about a minute and wasn't eventful. However, the lesser form when Sonic was slightly out of time with himself was interesting and might be setting something up.
-The Chaos Emeralds feel like the Chekov's Gun of the show. Considering the existence of Special Stages, an emerald being lost in the void feels like a challenge instead of a finality.

Shadewing

Citizen
Sill watchinf Season 2, but I can never remember the names of the Chaos Council in Prime, so I just call them after what they are: Eggbaby, Eggboy, EggWeeb, Eggman, and Eggcodger.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I think there's a valid point that Shadow is angry. In a better state of mind he might be able to hold back. It feels the the writers are trying to showcase that Shadow is right about the information he wants to deliver but wrong about the way he's trying to deliver it.
I was also referring to the fight they had in Green Hill during season 1. Shadow wanted Sonic to listen to him, but every time Shadow had knocked Sonic down enough, Shadow just kept on attacking him instead of using those opportunities to explain himself.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
It could just be me but I get the feeling this isn't the first time "Sonic didn't listen" caused a problem. For all the heavy usage of flashbacks, it really feels like there's a lot that's implied in the show instead of openly spoken. Basically, I think you're right but this specific Shadow makes it feel genuine instead of only being edgey.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It could just be me but I get the feeling this isn't the first time "Sonic didn't listen" caused a problem. For all the heavy usage of flashbacks, it really feels like there's a lot that's implied in the show instead of openly spoken. Basically, I think you're right but this specific Shadow makes it feel genuine instead of only being edgey.
Right, it doesn't bother me that he seems genuinely angry. It's just that dichotomy of him insisting that he needs to tell Sonic something important, while also incessantly trying to pummel him more than telling him what needs to be told.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
For whatever reason: shadow seems to think the only time sonic will actually listen is when he's completed defeated and near unconscious.

We're also seeing sonic change too, he's (slowly) figuring out when he needs to go fast and when to stop.

Shadewing

Citizen
For whatever reason: shadow seems to think the only time sonic will actually listen is when he's completed defeated and near unconscious.

Harder for Sonic to just run away if he's beaten to the point of near-immobility. Even the flash backs to pre-series in season 1; Sonic is shown to just straight up not listen and just run and do what he feels is right. His friends, more or less put up with this becuase things tend to work out in the end. Shadow seems to be completely tired of this bs however. But Sonic's also pretty clearly shown that he'd rather completely ignore ANYTHING Shadow has to say. That's kinda the whole reason for their season 1 fight. Shadow needs to tell him something important, Sonic's like no f that I got better things to do. Which is what leads to this whole mess in the first place. Shadow's kinda justified here, imo.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Which really just pushes me into wanting a pre-series to prime: so we can see what exactly happened between the two that shadow needs a literal life and death situation to even try talking to sonic.

Shadewing

Citizen

Sonic Prime Season 2 was good! Initial thoughts:

-This show really runs on a Sonic CD-esque structure of running fast enough to warp and then fighting Eggman in a new location, huh.
-The camera work of the new season seemed to help Bosscage Maze the most. It looked way more dynamic than Season 1.
-Rusty Rose is still my favorite character. The fact that being left behind can make her shift to revenge out of feeling abandoned and yet she still thinks she's a disposable tool is fascinating. I know part of it is residual programming but there's a lot of unspoken horror with her character. It's also noteworthy that the three versions of Amy may potentially be the Shatterverse counterparts most capable of getting along and working together. I have a feeling that 'Team Rose' is going to be a late game spoiler for the show.
-The Chaos Council feels like they work better split into pairs than as a group of five, even if just temporarily. And while they still have some bumbling, they feel smarter in this season than the last.
-This show is trying it's hardest to make me think Shadow is cool. They're doing a good job juxtaposing him against Sonic.
-Sonic's gonna feel like hugging Metal after seeing how obnoxious a robot copy who talks can be.
-*sigh* Fans are probably go nuts for the new super form even though it only lasted about a minute and wasn't eventful. However, the lesser form when Sonic was slightly out of time with himself was interesting and might be setting something up.
-The Chaos Emeralds feel like the Chekov's Gun of the show. Considering the existence of Special Stages, an emerald being lost in the void feels like a challenge instead of a finality.

So we get another cliffhanger that mostly hangs on Sonic being Sonic cuasing problems. In this case, its once again Shadow being right but also that Sonic seems to believe that all the Shatterverse selves will just coexist after the Crystal is reformed. Which is an unknown, but something I don't think either Shadow or Nine believe in. So once more its an issue that could be solved by Sonic just taking time and talking to people, rather then just assume.
Chaos Sonic is... something alright. Though I do like Sonic wondering if he comes off as that Obnoxious. Also he kinda reminds me of Bebop from the 2013 Ninja Turtles series.
I'm idly wondering why the Chaos Titan looked like original recipe Eggman, is it just becuase its in Ghost Hill? Or is this just how CC Eggman sees his ideal self?
Paradox Sonic, or whatever he'll be called is likely gonna be the big focus in the Fandom, becuase regardless of time or impact, he looks cool; and sometimes that is literally all that matters. However I do agree that his previous boost was more interesting when we were seeing him starting to shatter, its more then just time copies, as each one had a different personality based on the lines they gave.
And yes, I feel like the Chaos Emeralds and Void are gonna be /something/ later on. I agree that it does feel like a chekov's gun with how the first episode focused on it being lost.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Something that I think needs to be said outside of a spoiler tag is that despite this being all one work order, the second season truly feels like a new season. There's subtle structural changes like fewer flashbacks (including zero 16 bit flashbacks) and tighter dialogue that almost makes it seem like they stopped and got feedback or at least worked on the show in blocks.

Chaos Sonic is... something alright. Though I do like Sonic wondering if he comes off as that Obnoxious.

Wondering if people see him as annoying just may be part of the catalyst to get Sonic to change tactics. That combined with Nine's "I am real" showing him how wrong he's been.

Had time to think and I'm more convinced that the show is setting up something big with Team Rose due to Nine and something from Season 1. Nine has now seen all of his alternates and he was distinctly dismissive of Tails. Thinking on Season 1, I realized that while Amy didn't get a 16 bit flashback, Bosscage Maze did something Tails and Knuckles didn't get in a Prime universe flashback showing her compassion and Sonic not fully valuing it despite valuing her as a friend. It was able to stand out since Sonic directly saw Amy's compassion in Thorn and it was the only Shatterverse that had its main plot completed. Nine, and then Dread and Knucks brawl, has made me realize that Amy's counterparts are capable of bonding through shared experiences of not being valued. Rusty was only seen as a disposable tool by the Chaos Council. Nobody would listen to Thorn when she told them to stop being Captain Planet villains. And Black Rose noted that Dread treated her the worst out of the crew. I just wonder if it's even possible for Prime Amy to interact with the others because she'd give them the hug they clearly need.

I realize that Season 2 didn't give any focus to the palm tree despite Season 1's reverence. What it did instead, was showcase the loop-de-loop getting destroyed in multiple worlds. It feels too deliberate to be a coincidence or unimportant.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Something that I think needs to be said outside of a spoiler tag is that despite this being all one work order, the second season truly feels like a new season. There's subtle structural changes like fewer flashbacks (including zero 16 bit flashbacks) and tighter dialogue that almost makes it seem like they stopped and got feedback or at least worked on the show in blocks.
I concur. It's definitely a new story arc, at the very least, with a distinctly "Part 2" feel to it.

I realize that Season 2 didn't give any focus to the palm tree despite Season 1's reverence. What it did instead, was showcase the loop-de-loop getting destroyed in multiple worlds. It feels too deliberate to be a coincidence or unimportant.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It seems that Season 1 wanted to establish the palm tree as what Sonic's friends view as the symbol of their friendship, while Season 2 establishes the loop-de-loop as Sonic's personal symbol that represents his sense of home and familiarity. This was also hinted at a bit in Season 1, when Sonic recognized where the loop-de-loop should have been in New Yolk City, and, IIRC, he spotted it hidden within the greenery of Boscage Maze.

Sjogre

Citizen
So we get another cliffhanger that mostly hangs on Sonic being Sonic cuasing problems. In this case, its once again Shadow being right but also that Sonic seems to believe that all the Shatterverse selves will just coexist after the Crystal is reformed. Which is an unknown, but something I don't think either Shadow or Nine believe in. So once more its an issue that could be solved by Sonic just taking time and talking to people, rather then just assume.

Watching the season...

Going into the show, I thought that restoring Green Hill would have risked unmaking the Shatterverse, but the show doesn't seem to be implying that. From this season, Green Hill just seems to be another part of the Shatterverse, if a part that was fucked up hard. We didn't get a shot of Nine during that temporary fix, but... Well, if it had affected him, I'd expect that to be shown.

Nine disagreeing with Sonic was a result of poor communication, but Nine never brought up the possibility that he'd cease to exist. Rather, he wanted to create his own world for him and Sonic, and had zero interest in helping anyone else. For him, a choice between saving the world or making his own world was no choice at all.

Chaos Sonic was an obnoxious little shit, but that made him probably the most entertaining robot Sonic I've seen.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Watching the season...

Going into the show, I thought that restoring Green Hill would have risked unmaking the Shatterverse, but the show doesn't seem to be implying that. From this season, Green Hill just seems to be another part of the Shatterverse, if a part that was fucked up hard. We didn't get a shot of Nine during that temporary fix, but... Well, if it had affected him, I'd expect that to be shown.

Yeah, it's interesting that the show seems to be setting up the concept that the Shatterverse can be wholly stable if the shards aren't tampered with too much. But then the Chaos Council left portals open and Nine pointed out that was bad...

While not today, combing Season 1 for foreshadowing will be interesting. I think a lot of breadcrumbs have been left behind.

Top Bottom