Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'm surprised anything is DOS compatible at this point. Dang, Fnu, when was the last time you bought a computer?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
C: DOS
C: DOS/RUN
RUN/DOS/RUN

During my latest rumage through our roof, found some old floppy disks for Windows 3.1, their going in the bin along with a LOT of other rubbish that emerged today, so things are improving up there, a lot more space compared to a few days ago and I have found what my Dad actually wanted, at last and what my mum wanted, which is a load of wooden bricks from when I was a kid!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I paid $10 for a 227 gram block of gouda cheese, $5.99 for a 113 gram container of goat cheese crumbles, and $4.79 for a 113 gram container of bleu cheese crumbles.

Being a bit fair here though, the gouda cheese is from the Netherlands, the goat cheese crumbles are from France, and the bleu cheese crumbles are from Denmark. So being proper imported European cheese definitely adds some cost.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I probably could've saved a few bucks by getting the Publix brand goat cheese and they probably have bleu cheese crumbles too but I was already in the section with the imported cheeses and the non-imported cheeses are way in the back lol.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just had a weird shock run from my right ear to my left foot. That seems like a weird path for nerve pain, but my body never ceases to surprise me.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Me this morning: Hmm today I will have a bagel and some apples and cinnamon instant oatmeal

(splits bagel and puts it in the toaster oven and puts oatmeal into a bowl and mixes water in it and pops it in the microwave for 90 seconds)

(After a couple minutes)

Me: OK time to go and stir my oatmeal.

(My oatmeal isn't cooked)

(My microwave ******* died)

******* great.

And before anyone asks: I made sure it wasn't the outlets that were 't the issue by plugging something that I know works (my phone charger) into both outlets and that was working fine and even plugged the microwave into the outlets on the other side of the kitchen and it still didn't work. Shit is d-e-a-d DEAD.

It's not a huge deal, just gotta order a new one for delivery tomorrow and you can get a 700-900 watt one for like $50-$70 but still, it's annoying.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've had good experiences with Oster microwaves. I think I'm on my second one ever. They last a while.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
>searches Oster microwave
>literally no results for them on any US-based websites
>even their website doesn't include US as an option for 'where to buy'

i am not buying a microwave from overseas.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Target used to sell them. Mostly I remember because I had a manager who always pronounced it as Oyster. When he was sober enough to be understood, anyway.

Top Bottom