Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Been digging in the roof twice in the last three days, first time was to pull out a old heater that I dad wants to take to a museum along with a OLD tape player, the kind that to a modern person, looks like a big CD but with magnetic tape and then today I went back to clean up from some old broken shoes where the sole has fallen apart and then I also dug out a old toy cot along with a LOT of empty wine bottles as my dad use to make wine back in the day! I estimate, between two days worth of digging, I taken out about 60 odd bottles that will go off to be recycled, the first batch went today as it was recycling day and the next lot will go next week, while a few other bits will go off to the reycling centre to be reycled, so now I'm feeling tired after all that, been up and down the ladder repeatly and a lot of that was to get the wine bottles outside, my dad originally guessed around 40 but its FAR more than that!

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Tumblr_l_110263599562935.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

1, 2, 3!!

Couldn't help myself, it was the first thing that popped into my mind!

Completed building my lego Lion knight castle last night, while its second hand, I only ended up with two bits missing from what I can tell, thou I did have to pull a connector from my spares, thou that is no biggie, the other missing pieces were rather new elements for me in the form of the oval shaped bricks for the wall, one 1x1 was missing along with 4x1 block, the 1x1 is nothing really notable, while the 4x1 is a bit more notable, thus filled the gap with some other bricks until I get some actual bricks for it! Overall, it was a enjoyable experience thou upon what I thought was completion, I realised I made a goof and left some bricks out by mistake, so I had to take chunks out to fit them in as they were for the windows, the only thing left to do, is:
1. Connect the three sections together
2. Populate it with mini figures
3. Start sorting out my planned setup
4. Getting a copy of the upcoming town set to go with it
5. Seeing what I need to do for improvements to the setup, thou I got a idea for a scene where knights are fighting off a dragon, while another is, the knights giving a flower to some aliens from my UFO sets as a gift

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, back to Windows.

That was Haiku. I can see the potential, but man is it obviously still a beta. The live version worked, but the installer completely failed on me. The browser kinda worked. Pages actually looked almost entirely normal. But it didn't like ads. Something about them made the page constantly flicker like a bad Atari game. But the main thing hurting usability was I couldn't find a scroll bar. And this was my laptop, so I didn't have a scroll wheel either. Not fun.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Grandpa got discharged but he's going back to that nursing/rehab facility he was in back when he broke his hip.

Hopefully they actually give him some proper damn physical therapy now instead of doing it for just a couple weeks, saying 'OK we're done here', sending him home, starting up in-home physical therapy for a couple weeks, and then they go 'OK we're done with the in-home therapy, y'all need to schedule therapy at a rehab center with equipment now' and like ???????????????????

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
You may (or he may) have to push the issue. Make sure you let them know that someone is actively invested in his care plan and isn't going to put up with any half-assedness on their part.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The magic words are "I don't feel safe." Healthcare workers start paying attention when you say that.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I hope your Granps feels better soon

I'm just relaxing with a icecream after spending time in the roof again and more junk has come down to be recycled, thou I found some old pictures of my grandparents from my Dad side of the family, thou I barely knew them due to an argument they had when I was small, after that, I never saw them again, so I never been close to my grandparents from either side, as my mum's mother died when I was a baby, while I have vauge memories of my Granddad from that side of the family! The problem was that he lived about 90 miles from where I did and it was rare we went to visit him and other family down there as that is where my mum hails from! The only thing I have of his now is some old brass models that I inheirted as I use to play with them as a kid when we went to visit, so I never been close to them and my granddad died when I was in junior school, I think............

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just showing off. Some little kid was really excited to see them, so they started showing off, and a crowd grew from there.

Peacocks are exactly as vain as you'd hope they are. They have enough social awareness to understand when you're admiring them, and they're happy to bask in it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My grandpa calls me this morning telling me he wants me to come over to the nursing home he's at and he says he doesn't care how much it costs he just wants me over there but I don't know why he wants me there because the phone cuts out while he's talking to me.

Of course he calls me at 7 in the frigging morning and I went to bed at like 4am so I am not going there at 7am and try to fall back asleep for a bit longer (but I'm all thinking 'OMG what if it's something serious' before I fall asleep) and end up waking up at 11:30am and get some lunch but I still don't feel very good so I go back to sleep after having lunch at like 1pm and wake up at 2:30pm. But before I go to sleep, I try to call my grandpa again but the phone number that I think is his at the nursing home just keeps ringing for like a few minutes so I just hang up.

After I wake up, I see I just missed a call from that number (which is weird because I put it in my contacts as nursing home and have my phone set to DND except for calls from contacts) so I dial it back and yeah it's him and he tells me I don't have to go over. He was just worrying because, for some reason, phone calls from his line at the nursing home (he doesn't have his cellphone with him) to our house phone won't ring sometimes so he can't call me (and I didn't realize he was trying to call me on my phone because I didn't recognize the number until I put two and two together) so he thought something happened. And there's also the whole 'the phone line cuts out while talking to him on the landline'.

And then he tells me what I figured, if I dial that number and he doesn't pick up, that means he's doing his physical therapy and obviously not in his room.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Trying to pull a staple out of some papers the day after you trim your nails really sucks.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Be going up the recycling centre later on with my dad to be rid of a lot of junk that came out of our roof, much of it, belongs to my dad, it will be the first of two runs we make this week as there is still more to be packed but we can't fit it into the car as its bulky!

Also, my plans for a lego castle setup have hit a snag in the form of space and the walls not being in the right way without a proper rebuild which I'll have to do soon, thou for the moment, using a old program for desgining models, I am getting the basic desgin parts down for when I rebuild, thou I'll have to order from extra parts in due course

Top Bottom