Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Gandalf knew what he was doing. He just wanted to wake up something big enough to get some EXP, so he could trick the rest of the party into leaving and claim it all for himself. That's why he later comes back with a sweet new prestige class and new gear.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
You know we're having to take his word for it that he even fought the Balrog. No one else was there to back up the story.

Gandolf: Want another mimosa?

Balrog: Don't mind if I do. By the way, all that gray seems a bit drab, don't you think? I could get you some pure white robes, say 500 gold pieces?

Gandolf: I mean, it is a community fund. I really shouldn't.

Balrog: Suit yours...

Gandolf: Let's do it. I'll just tell them it was a cosmic death thing. They'll believe anything.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
You know we're having to take his word for it that he even fought the Balrog. No one else was there to back up the story.

Gandolf: Want another mimosa?

Balrog: Don't mind if I do. By the way, all that gray seems a bit drab, don't you think? I could get you some pure white robes, say 500 gold pieces?

Gandolf: I mean, it is a community fund. I really shouldn't.

Balrog: Suit yours...

Gandolf: Let's do it. I'll just tell them it was a cosmic death thing. They'll believe anything.
I mean, Balrogs are Maiar as well. Maybe Gandalf redeemed Durin's Bane and sent it off back to Valinor. 6000 years underground in hiding is a lot of time to rethink one's choices.....

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I don’t know how to feel about this:
The hospital I work at uses KnowBe4, a cyber security training company. Part of that includes being able to post “vigilance” posters offered by them. And let’s just say, some MAJOR nerds work there. One that got posted this week in the elevator?
It was a Zero Wing reference! FREAKIN’ ZERO WING MEME IS ON OUR ELEVATOR AT WORK! I might be one of like, half a dozen people in the entire damned facility to get the reference.

I found a link to their poster archive. LOTS of references…and I’m pretty sure one of them is Evil Ernie (a forgotten 90s comic character).
Just scroll down to the posters:

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I was driving home from my parents house tonight. I have my USB thing in my car set to random so I was listening to different songs from different bands. The very last song before I get out of the car...didn't even get to any of the singing, just saw the title 'Hey Jude' pop up on the screen.

That was enough. Hey Jude is now repeating in my head.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
That was enough. Hey Jude is now repeating in my head.
...and now I've got it stuck in my head. Thanks.
Another song I've never heard of.
It's a Beatles song. Used to play a lot on oldies stations, less frequently on classic rock. If I remember the story correctly, Paul McCartney wrote it for John Lennon's son Julian after John started going with Yoko Ono. Or something like that.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My grandpa is in hospital again but this time it's because he could not pee.

Look there was literally no piss going through into his catheter, he was in pain because of it, and we didn't know what else to do and a lot of search results were like 'Call emergency services' so we did that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When are the neighborhood dogs going to learn? You bark at me, I will bark at you. This is not negotiable.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Been to a show at my Niece's school this evening, very good, some great performances and this is pretty much a group of teenagers giving it their all to entertain parents and other members of the family!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll probably never know that joy. But I once taught a mockingbird a few bars of 'Non piu andrai', so I have that going for me.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I have taught my 5-year-old son an appreciation for the works of Weird Al; he is in the shower right now singing "I lost on Jeopardy" (not even his favorite song). Im...I'm not sure I have much left to teach him. His training is complete.

Likely in ten years they'll be the master and you'll be the student to these new fangled devices

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I got a book of Murphy's Law on my kindle. I was just going to highlight a few of the funnier or more profound, really true bits.

The entire book is turning yellow.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
You know, it's bad enough Amazon is putting ads in movies that we're paying for the privilege of being able to watch now, but it's exponentially worse that every single ad is for Amazon products.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
This arrived today.

IMG_2945.jpeg

IMG_2946.jpeg

The 80's were a great decade for sentient machines and cool AF cars. You're welcome, you young whipper snappers!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
When I got home from work this evening and just put my bike in the garbage, I could hear, Meowing, took me a few moments to locate the source, which is a neigbour's cat on top of a neigbour's garbage, I'm pretty sure he complaining about the fact that they gone out and left him alone, so he having a pity party and just wanted to express his frustations to someone! I haven't seen him for a while, but he is just one of four black cats I know that live in the area, thou I don't know the other three names but they all live at the same house across the way from my front and a while back, my Dad saw the mother cat teaching her kids how to use the cat flap and ocasonally we are sort of doing a cat watch from our front room and seeing what the younger cats are up to.

Top Bottom