Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Looks like we’re getting Walking/Amazon Employee/Kujumbo fart Sniffing Simulator 2

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
8b197e5be440e40663372a3c7291f345.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
playstation vita fans seriously think the only reason why people didn't buy it was because 'the expensive proprietary memory cards' no it's because people didn't fuckin want it
Because the library was VERY niche with overly complicated hardware that was too expensive to produce. And Sony kind of dumped it pretty damn quick from a software support angle.
What even was on the vita? I only know it from people making fun of its creepy anime girl game problem.
Lots of JRPG stuff that weren’t available (until years later) on other devices. Plus people could access (most) of their PSX and PSP game library after Sony decided ”nobody” wanted backwards compatibility with the PS4. It’s really only been the last several years that a LOT of the stuff the Vita became notable for have really made their way to platforms like Steam. Persona 4 Golden, often declared THE reason to get a Vita, only made it to Steam a couple years ago, WELL after it had been released.
Ports of PS3/PS4 games, often with no changes and worse performance.
Just like the Switch! :p

Sorry to dig this up, but I still have my PlayStation TV (the screen less Vita), and it’s a fascinating device. The Vita was over-designed and came out at the wrong time without the right support. But the Vita/TV combo is DAMNED close to what Nintendo ended up achieving with the Switch. The platform DOES have some dang solid games on it, and some really technically impressive titles on it. BUT…Sony didn’t have/didn’t allocate the resources away from the PS4 to give it the software support and marketing it needed. The PSTV was horrifically compromised by Sony’s half assed support (there are a bunch of games perfectly playable but are “white listed” from being played by Sony themselves). There are some impressive console ports…but said games were already available on the PS3 (or 4) and by the time the PSTV came about, the PS3 was running only $100 more with better support And often a bundled game. The proprietary memory cards didn’t help matters, but were hardly the “killing stroke” some made it out to be.

For all the calls for a “Vita 2”…that’s basically what the Switch ended up being. It addressed EVERY issue with the Vita and PSTV ecosystem. And with only a singular platform to support, Nintendo granted in a library of riches on their own, even before the third party games. Much of the games that defined the later years of the Vita (indie, odd ball Japanese and JRPGs of all flavors) have basically migrated to the Switch.

But I still enjoy my PSTV, and I rushed to fill my library with stuff before Sony started to cut support. While there are absences, I have assembled a REALLY solid collection of games on my 64GB memory card (which I managed to snag an import of years ago for $85 before prices exploded on them). It was/is an RPG fan’s dream, between the Vita’s own library and the offerings from the PSP and PSX. And I’ve assembled a nice collection of game cards as well.

unluckiness

Citizen
When I still used my Vita, I used it mainly for local play MVC3 at college. It didn’t get much other use because nost of what was available was either better elsewhere or highly *questionable* weeb shit.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Alright, I just gotta ask: this did ******* anybody buy the version of the Vita that had 3G that cost $300?

But I still enjoy my PSTV, and I rushed to fill my library with stuff before Sony started to cut support. While there are absences, I have assembled a REALLY solid collection of games on my 64GB memory card (which I managed to snag an import of years ago for $85 before prices exploded on them).
IDK if you've done this yet, but if you haven't, you should really consider modding your PSTV and installing that mod that lets you use non-proprietary memory like SD2Vita (requires you to buy an adaptor) or I'm also pretty sure the PSTV lets you use just regular USB drives and shit with the mod because the 64GB memory card is infamous for its failure rates.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The 3G version was one of the two launch versions.

It must've flopped seriously hard because they discontinued the 3G model in 2013, basically a year after the damn thing came out.

Ironbite4

Citizen
I have issues with corporations trying to lean hard into memes the fandom comes up with.

Ironbite-feels like they're trying to hard.

unluckiness

Citizen
I have issues with corporations trying to lean hard into memes the fandom comes up with.

Ironbite-feels like they're trying to hard.
I wouldn't mind if they picked decent memes. Ultra Instinct Shaggy was worth a chuckle or two. Having hugging Superman talk about how much power Shaggy has is how the kids say "cringe."

Could be worse. Big Chungus could have been a playable character.

Last edited:

Top Bottom