Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Do it. That mini Fort Max is fun. I want all the city bots that size. It's actually fun to handle instead of being a chore.

Yep, I can attest to its fun factor too. I had a great time putting mine together. It has a good-looking bot mode but for me, the city/battle station is where it's at. I love to set Micro Machines on it :D.

And it's not some flimsy kit. It's light, but it does feel like a toy when it's all put together.
How well does it compare to the big one, functionally?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I use mine to show off my utter lack of any sense of scale. But it works great for mix and matches on the Monster Shelf. The fists ARE held in by rings if plastic that can show stress marks (a hair dryer can help there) and it is possible to snap the little thin pegs on the arm ramps when first inserting them (fixed easily with a dab of super-glue, did not impact the joint), it's not super-durable, but no, it's not fragile either.

52578796620_0709cd1cea_c.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My only Kabaya breakage was one of WFC Prime's knees. That one has some faulty tolerances for sure. My Fort Max is fine.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I use mine to show off my utter lack of any sense of scale. But it works great for mix and matches on the Monster Shelf. The fists ARE held in by rings if plastic that can show stress marks (a hair dryer can help there) and it is possible to snap the little thin pegs on the arm ramps when first inserting them (fixed easily with a dab of super-glue, did not impact the joint), it's not super-durable, but no, it's not fragile either.

52578796620_0709cd1cea_c.jpg

Its two on one with two spectators waiting to see who the winner is and thinking about engaging in battle with said winner!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I really want Cerebros, but I don't need the rest since I imported the Japanese version with the sword and everything. Too bad there's no way to get him seperate(since I doublt anyone would ever want to sell him separate and I don't see Hasbro doing it either, like getting Mainframe separate from the Ark)

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Interesting that it sold out so quickly. I didn't realize that there were that many people still clamoring for a TR Fort Max. Huh
To be fair, the last time Fortress Maximus has been available was back in 2017 (assuming stock carried into from 2016). In the years since, we've gotten the retro Headmasters and people come and go. Some skipped due to finances and some weren't even collectors at the time.

So I greatly appreciate Hasbro doing these reissues, and it's a great way to say "we don't plan on doing this again in the near future".
I really want Cerebros, but I don't need the rest since I imported the Japanese version with the sword and everything. Too bad there's no way to get him seperate(since I doublt anyone would ever want to sell him separate and I don't see Hasbro doing it either, like getting Mainframe separate from the Ark)
Have you thought about getting LG-54? Not only is the Bumblebee is nicer than the US version, but it came with Exosuit Spike which transformed into the Cerebros head. Probably easier/cheaper than trying to get another full Cerebros figure.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
To be fair, Pulse probably only had a small limited stock compared to the other retailers.

To be fair, the last time Fortress Maximus has been available was back in 2017 (assuming stock carried into from 2016). In the years since, we've gotten the retro Headmasters and people come and go. Some skipped due to finances and some weren't even collectors at the time.

Yep, I get that and agree on both accounts: Pulse probably did have smaller quantities available and it surely has been a minute since he was easy to get at regular retail. However, I was really marveling at the notion that there would be a level of demand for him (he's merely passable-to-okay, IMO) that would warrant a full-on re-release, and that level of demand would translate to such quick movement on Pulse's site. It's interesting to me is all.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The toy is "ehhh" as a TF. Good robot mode, Really weak city/ship. But Fort Max was absolutely one of my favorite characters in the old Marvel comic and his toy was one of the crowning heights of G1. And this is his only modern toy.

I think that adds up to demand even if we all wish the toy was better.

-ZacWilliam, I would still be thrilled with a Leader or Commander scale Max figure to have him in Marvel scale.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Have you thought about getting LG-54? Not only is the Bumblebee is nicer than the US version, but it came with Exosuit Spike which transformed into the Cerebros head. Probably easier/cheaper than trying to get another full Cerebros figure.
Nah, there's differences in the main body of Cerebros too. That head might make a nice upgrade though for people who already have the Hasbro Fort Max.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

So I greatly appreciate Hasbro doing these reissues, and it's a great way to say "we don't plan on doing this again in the near future".

Also, DNA Design is re-releasing their upgrade kits, including the ones for Fort Max (and at ShowZ, they cost around 20 dollars more than the originals).

Top Bottom