Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Out of box images of the VNR Optimus Prime. Looks snazzy, and I appreciate them using silver around his face rather than just blue (looking at YOU Earthrise Optimus…). The trailer looks solid as well, especially with the differing plastics and proper solid stripe

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
From the front page in today's fanstream.

Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone... Presenting... the Herald Maximo of Shokaract!

tt21.png

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm thinking of getting that verison, but then stick the new head on it and he can be BW Infero's cousin, twice removed, blown up multable times and still keeps on ticking and to avoid being compared to the pyro mainac, Inferno, he under went a head transplant and that is a common thing at times on Post War Cybertron, that's my head cannon for his existance, or he could be the first Shattered Glass BW character!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm thinking of getting that verison, but then stick the new head on it and he can be BW Infero's cousin, twice removed, blown up multable times and still keeps on ticking and to avoid being compared to the pyro mainac, Inferno, he under went a head transplant and that is a common thing at times on Post War Cybertron, that's my head cannon for his existance, or he could be the first Shattered Glass BW character!
Just so you're aware, Antagony is a girl.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I thought there was mention of an actual Amazon Prime version coming out in the latest video from Hasbro, but they just showed the pictures below.
Zombodroid_21062023063450.jpg

MrBlud

Citizen
So what, its not like its going to matter much as the character is very obscure and techinally Transformers as a race, have no actual gender when it comes to new members of their race coming into existance!

Two separate justifications to avoid doing something certainly makes it seem like not doing it matters a great deal…

Lobjob

Citizen
Also I love that Prime mold but can't snag him in those colors. I hope another option is on the docket.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm passing on that figure, I passed on the Hoilday verison and I don't see much point in getting this figure, its just feels, odd looking at it, it has a G2/Movie/Prime truck mode but the robot mode just looks rather weird to me and the fact its not really trying to connect to anything meaningful, sort of, pushing the right buttons for me, just going by the desgin, I would say, it kind of looks like it was a prototype desgin to legacy G2 OP where they tried to do away with the shoulder pads that make G2 Prime, who he is unless its meant for some unproduced show, it feels like a headscatcher, just a bit of a weird desgin but as I said, I'm passing on this, Earthrise really produced the best Optimus prime in the mainline for adults and collectors who don't buy MPs!

ssg 4 life

Citizen
i'm not opposed to including tm scavenger's head with antagony, but why? i don't get what they're trying to do with it. i'm willing to bet you can't transform the figure with his head on there with those horns. otherwise, i'm stoked for antagony. never been able to get the botcon figure, so this is a must have

Lobjob

Citizen
They have to be coming. Sincerly. Also, no TM2 cheetor modern figure exists yet but I sure wouldn't say no to Cataclysm. Maybe from studio series Cheetor?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
i'm not opposed to including tm scavenger's head with antagony, but why? i don't get what they're trying to do with it. i'm willing to bet you can't transform the figure with his head on there with those horns. otherwise, i'm stoked for antagony. never been able to get the botcon figure, so this is a must have
I don't know why they did it, but it tickles me, because when I came up with an outline for a hypothetical BW redo I picked the Scavenger mold for Antagony.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen

A lot of times they decide on the second head early on when designing a figure. (Galaxy Shuttle for example) They may have been looking for alternate heads, figured Scavanger was a the most different choice and threw that in. Now that we're getting a gen select figure of a different character, I guess they just felt like throwing it in as a bonus.

Lobjob

Citizen
Cataclysm was the Transmetal 1 Cheetor design.

That's what I meant. For some reason I put the 2 because the Foxs Kids repaint was the second version of that mold released stateside and its always *kinda* passed as Cataclysm and my brain just completely failed me while typing. I'm not saying that thought train makes sense, but that's where it derailed.

Also, I am sleepy.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That's what I meant. For some reason I put the 2 because the Foxs Kids repaint was the second version of that mold released stateside and its always *kinda* passed as Cataclysm and my brain just completely failed me while typing. I'm not saying that thought train makes sense, but that's where it derailed.

Also, I am sleepy.
Funny you should mention the Fox Kids Transmetal Cheetor. That toy was eventually officially repurposed as Cataclysm. ;)

Top Bottom