Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
They have to be coming. Sincerly. Also, no TM2 cheetor modern figure exists yet but I sure wouldn't say no to Cataclysm. Maybe from studio series Cheetor?
Studio Series is off limits due the licensing issues with the design. THAT SAID, I’m not sure the Core Deluxe Cheetor is subject to that since the first we saw of the design was in an Evergreen Titan Changer box.
A lot of times they decide on the second head early on when designing a figure. (Galaxy Shuttle for example) They may have been looking for alternate heads, figured Scavanger was a the most different choice and threw that in. Now that we're getting a gen select figure of a different character, I guess they just felt like throwing it in as a bonus.
Hasbro has been more apt to do that the past year or so. We saw it with Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus, the second Buzzworthy set with Goldbug, and now in the Buzzworthy Trooper pack.
Hasbro seems more willing to do that with more “collector oriented” items than with more mainstream releases like in Legacy.

I’m glad they threw in the extra head for Antagony. I think it’s the best of both worlds in that, some of us can use the alt head to make her more distinct from Inferno, while toy accurate fans still get their recreation. And it’s not like Transmetal Scavenger (or Inferno, if they went to that angle) is very high on the list of remakes.

I still plan on getting VNR Optimus Prime. I really dig it as a “neo-Modern” take on Optimus Prime that isn’t bound to the film design aesthetic. And since I skipped Earthrise Leader in favor of the Walmart Battlepack, I have options with the trailer.

Onyx

Citizen
I'm still wondering why we've not gotten a Packrat and Fractyl with how much we've gotten Botcon homages.

Maybe they're waiting for a few more molds to be released so they can do a BotCon/Universe Capsule next year?

Packrat and Fractyl 2 pack
Cryotek (TM2 Megatron repaint)
Razorclaw (Tigerhawk repaint)
Roulette and Shadow Striker 2 pack (Sideburn repaint)
TM Tigertron (Ravage repaint)

Echowarrior

Citizen
Maybe they're waiting for a few more molds to be released so they can do a BotCon/Universe Capsule next year?

Packrat and Fractyl 2 pack
Cryotek (TM2 Megatron repaint)
Razorclaw (Tigerhawk repaint)
Roulette and Shadow Striker 2 pack (Sideburn repaint)
TM Tigertron (Ravage repaint)

That would be awesome.

Lobjob

Citizen
I definitely want it.

Along the same lines, can we get a mainline Rampage so I have a Shokaract I'm not afraid to mess with? Thank you.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I opened up Legacy Inferno's chest/head today to see if what the livestream said was true. I'd never noticed, it DOES have Transmetal Scavenger details in there. I use a Scavenger as a business card holder on my desk, I've seen those 'gill' like things many times. I really had no idea.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That is a great price for him! I have the Scorponok but I don't have him. Tempting.....

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The color scheme is really nice. The spear is impressive too.
aYtNp2Q.jpg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes, the problem I've run into with Titan class figures. I've reached my maximum capacity on them as of now. That's why I've skipped Cybertron Metroplex and Nemesis (so far).

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I had a good place to display Omega, Metroplex, Fort Max, Devastator, Trypticon and Scorponok. 3 on the top of each my Bot and Con shelves.

I was able to squeeze Predaking and the Ark in on the regular shelves.

Guardian Robot, Black Zarak and Nemesis are currently hanging out on various tables in the basement without a home.

I skipped Cybertron Metroplex. I do not know where I would put another Titan.

-ZacWilliam, on the upside I also don't know another titan I would want. We'll see...

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes, the problem I've run into with Titan class figures. I've reached my maximum capacity on them as of now. That's why I've skipped Cybertron Metroplex and Nemesis (so far).
Well, I like this and I like the price, but I might want to hold off to get that Fort Max reissue since i sold mine in the purge of 2018.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got BZ a while back at a great price of £70, thou since then I spent some extra money to upgrade the weaponary and that cost roughly the same price as BZ himself but it was a great bargin as he went for OVER half price, these days he stood in one part of my room on guard duty 😁

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Do it. That mini Fort Max is fun. I want all the city bots that size. It's actually fun to handle instead of being a chore.

Yep, I can attest to its fun factor too. I had a great time putting mine together. It has a good-looking bot mode but for me, the city/battle station is where it's at. I love to set Micro Machines on it :D.

Top Bottom