Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hmm, wish he was available by himself. I do need a Sunstreaker, and I don't have a standard Jazz out of this mold (between RtS Jazz, Doritos Jazz, and Buzzworthy Jazz, I figured I was covered), so the only ones that are truly unnecessary are Wheeljack and Trailbreaker.

MrBlud

Citizen
Let’s see, what would get me to happily buy that box?

Hound (Earth mode)
Jazz (Ricochet or G2/Actionmaster. SS or Buzzworthy mold since both good)
Wheeljack (Cybertron Downshift scheme)
Sunstreaker (Don’t really know since the current one is kinda trash. Even better color matching would be kinda ehh. Maybe an interesting G2 scheme? Masquerade Breakdown?)
Trailbreaker (Riggorus scheme)

Shadhausen

Citizen
I really hope they do something interesting with the other figures, or frankly maybe it's best if Hasbro goes out of business.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Honestly this seems the worst possible way to release Hound. I would like him without having to buy $100 worth of figures/characters I already own.

-ZacWilliam, I don't need Earth Hound THAT bad thanks. The Seige one is fine.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really hope they do something interesting with the other figures, or frankly maybe it's best if Hasbro goes out of business.

1607216374768.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
We’ll see how the others turn out. My best guess is that we’ll see the other figures get “super cartoon accurate” decos (including painted/solid windows instead of clear plastic), similar to the Buzzworthy Cliffjumper. While Hound is the clear highlight for most, a “more accurate” or “no clear plastic” versions of these characters I don’t think are unwelcome. Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker are welcome given how rare their assortment was, Jazz and Wheeljack are popular characters, and Hound is brand new.

In that respect…I might be game. We’ll see how the other figures turn out.

MrBlud

Citizen
I’d wager it’s gonna be around $100 provided it’s just the figures and not pack-in accessories to drive up the price.

Shadewing

Citizen
Honestly this seems the worst possible way to release Hound. I would like him without having to buy $100 worth of figures/characters I already own.

tbf Just straight up re-releasing Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker makes this set worth it for some people; as their aftermarket prices are kinda ridiculous.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

This is exactly what Hasblo did with Fangry and I didn't suffer their BS with that cashgrab either. If Hound isn't available individually, I'll wait for the KO or keep using my Classics version. So far, the Siege version had cr@pple-damage paint and this one might be too expensive, so b*ll*cks to 'em.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
tbf Just straight up re-releasing Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker makes this set worth it for some people; as their aftermarket prices are kinda ridiculous.
This would be my reason for being interested; the only problem is it makes me wish I had picked up the Sideswipe set one of the times it was on sale, as I had passed on it because I never found a Sunstreaker to match...

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is a ROUGH way to get this Hound. But Trailbreaker and Sunstreaker are fairly rare now. And Jazz is a fairly early SS86 release that's also getting hard to find. So at least these aren't terrible picks to get alongside.

If this is a Buzzworthy style opaque plastic set, I'd be all over it. Especially if they change up the numbers on Jazz and Wheeljack.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
This is a highly stupid way to release Hound, if a box set is the plan. I fail to understand what the big damn deal would have been in just releasing him as a stand alone figure. But if this ends up being the only way to get a proper earth mode, I will happily pass.

MrBlud

Citizen
It’s WILD we’ve had Prowl TWICE in store exclusive sets (with the wrong head both times) and when it comes time for a wide(er) release ‘84 Carbots Selects set; they put in ANOTHER Wheeljack who has had like 3+ full retail packaging refreshes.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hope this set is 1984 toy colors. It would make yet another Wheeljack less bothersome.

It might bother people that this would mean we still don't get Hound as we saw it in the old leak, but Hound's toy colors are beautiful. I wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom