Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Not sure how I feel about the lighter colors. Under that lighting he looks more light gray than light black, at least in the first pic.

Also the border-less Autobot symbol looks kinda fuzzy, but that could just be the picture quality.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll be trying to buy the set for Hound and Sunstreaker, and I have a place in my heart (and shelf) for Jazz, but I'll probably be selling off the Trailbreaker and Wheeljack as I've got the Earthrise version of both already.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Not sure how I feel about the lighter colors. Under that lighting he looks more light gray than light black.

Also the border-less Autobot symbol looks kinda fuzzy, but that could just be the picture quality.
The lighting in those pics is WAY blown out, too. There were a couple other pic at TFW in more natural lighting which shows Trailbreaker seems to have a charcoal color, closer to the animation model.
Wheels are cast in the same color, but if you have DK Breaker, you could swap the wheels. And the grey probably wouldn't be too off putting with Breaker's blue.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm sticking with the one I have currently, well techinally two but one had a QC issue that meant he couldn't transform properly, thus I got a second copy and dumped the other in a junk box of mine, full of various bits and bobs

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Even more pics of Trailbreaker have surfaced:

Some of the same ones as before are included with the new ones.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To be fair, with some of the recent multipacks, they HAVE been including those alternate parts...so it's not out of line to think that possibility
Yeah, that is a very "Buzzworthy multipack" move. I'd definitely appreciate that (especially if it's not just "alternate faceplates" like the troop builders had), to help this be more than a lateral-move Trailbreaker. I do like how the window panels pop now. Shame that seems to have taken the paint apps from the wheels. Although the base plastic is so light it's hard to really tell.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
News got posted over at the Legacy thread, but JtPrime posted a new retail listing for new Selects/Retail Exclusives:
Target is getting a themed retailer exclusive Optimus Prime (Laser) with ER trailer and Bullseye (Ravage repaint), along with another 86 movie death pack (Ratchet and Brawn).
One of the Star Seekers Walmart Capsule is confirmed as a repainted Crashbar called Roadpig.
Amazon’s Mayhem Attack Squad Capsule is confirmed to 7 figures across 5 sets. Voyager Bludgeon with Deluxe Ruckus confirmed

And for Fan Channel Selects, we finally get some new Gobots! A multipack featuring Treads, Lightfoot, and Pathfinder. Obviously repaints/remolds for Warpath, Gears and Cosmos. Lightfoot might get a “Gears toy head”, and I’m hoping at least Treads gets a retooled head.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
News got posted over at the Legacy thread, but JtPrime posted a new retail listing for new Selects/Retail Exclusives:
Target is getting a themed retailer exclusive Optimus Prime (Laser) with ER trailer and Bullseye (Ravage repaint), along with another 86 movie death pack (Ratchet and Brawn).
One of the Star Seekers Walmart Capsule is confirmed as a repainted Crashbar called Roadpig.
Amazon’s Mayhem Attack Squad Capsule is confirmed to 7 figures across 5 sets. Voyager Bludgeon with Deluxe Ruckus confirmed

And for Fan Channel Selects, we finally get some new Gobots! A multipack featuring Treads, Lightfoot, and Pathfinder. Obviously repaints/remolds for Warpath, Gears and Cosmos. Lightfoot might get a “Gears toy head”, and I’m hoping at least Treads gets a retooled head.
I hope these aren't USA exclusives...

Shadewing

Citizen

I kinda want Lightfoot to have the Funpub head that's based on her Gobots self:

SpatiotemporalChallengers_Sunrise.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I do wonder on some level if ALL these were supposed to be Buzzworthy releases like the painted-windows no-clear-plastic Cliffjumper and Kup, and they just repacked them as one big pack vs. a lot of different releases. Like others have speculated, maybe Target pulled out, but only after production was done, so this pack is just a way to get all those items out of the way at once. I'll be interested if there are hints in the later packaging or instructions, like how some of the PulseCon stuff had Comic Con branding during the pandemic when they redid their outlets on short notice.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
My guess is we'll get a hint at original intent if there are multiple instruction sheets, one each, vs. one massive instruction poster like some of the possibly more intentional multipacks had.

Top Bottom