Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Normally I'm not bothered by toon-style decos just having sky blue painted windows but no, I don't like that.
It's all because Hasbro made the robot mode cutting of the windshield too big and squared off at the bottom. If they had made the cutting smaller and more rounded, it would look a lot better.

Here is a crude illustration showing what I mean, with the official cutting on the left and my suggestion on the right:

69RrpZo.jpeg

Dake

Citizen
Agreed. It looked off on the first release of this mold and now they've just called attention to it. Almost every other version of WJ going back to the original has a rounded chest plate and it just looks better. Strangely Generations also had the big slab, but at least the windshield itself was smaller.

But I guess this is what we get to avoid fake chest kibble.

Lobjob

Citizen
I like the blue because I feel his robot mode requires that color pop. I still dont know why shaping the windshield that was was the move. Here's counting down the days until Studio Series 86 Wheeljack comes out. I know that version should just be a corpse, but they can do both.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really like that blue, and even the lighter gray for some reason. But yeah, where the smoky clear plastic mostly distracted from the wrong windshield shape, this just forces you to look at it.

Ever since Earthrise I've been eyeing a kit that gave Wheeljack the proper rounded windshield end (and alternate panels to go on the shins/hood to replace the old windshield-part ones).

Found this, which looks great, but I had no 3D printer or access to one, and still don't.

Attachments

• wheljack02.jpg
    wheljack02.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 68

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't believe no one else (like Toyhax or Wu or whomever) has done one? Does it require pin removal to swap the chest piece out or something?
Yep, pretty sure there's a pin. Not the first time an upgrade has replaced a pinned part though, iirc.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, its makes an okay Wheeljack perfect

I don't know that I would describe it as perfect. It looks good, but Earthrise Wheeljack is/was a good figure already. I feel like if the design team had created the rounded windshield from the beginning, there would still have been complaints (most likely that his upper body and chest look too thin behind the clear-deco windshield; a little less so if they had gone with a more opaque option). But I do like the simplicity of design that Sabrblade pointed out. Not needing to split the canopy apart would have been nice.

I do like what the 3D-printed option does for the most part, but I feel like the original, blockier design serves to balance the proportions of his upper body in robot mode a bit better. But this is just like, my opinion, man.

Last edited:

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean, Wheeljack's torso was never a giant block, so having that BE this figure's silouette always bugged me. Since I own masterpiece Wheeljack (because I love Wheeljack) I didn't see the need for the blockier version. It just felt like a step back. Earthrise is a decent Wheeljack, but I can't buy *every* toy. Can I?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMIC EDITION GRIMLOCK
Comic Grimlock - Box.jpg

Release Date: Summer 2024
Retail Price: $59.99 USD

Grimlock leads a team of powerful Dinobots and fights on impulse, making him one of the strongest – and most unpredictable – Autobots.

Inspired by the original The TRANSFORMERS comic book series, this 8.5-inch Grimlock action figure converts from robot to T.rex mode in 22 steps. With comic-accurate deco and black line hatching details, Grimlock looks like it came out of a comic book, celebrating 40 years since TRANSFORMERS robots made their comic debut in 1984.

Feature articulated heads, arms, and legs for action poses and comes with 3 swords, double-barreled blaster and a crown accessory that can sit on the figure's head.
Comic Grimlock - Toy.jpg

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMIC EDITION SHOCKWAVE
Comic Shockwave - Box.jpg

Release Date: Summer 2024
Retail Price: $39.99 USD

Ruled by logic, if it is more logical for Shockwave to override Megatron and seize command of the Decepticons, he will take that chance.

Inspired by the original The TRANSFORMERS comic book series, this 7-inch Shockwave action figure converts from robot to Cybertronian spaceship mode in 15 steps. With comic-accurate deco and black line hatching details, Shockwave looks like it came out of a comic book, celebrating 40 years since TRANSFORMERS robots made their comic debut in 1984.

Features articulated heads, arms, and legs for action poses and comes with the head of Optimus Prime piece that can be placed on the included display stand (display stand assembly required).
Comic Shockwave - Toy.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I wonder if these are exclusives or will I be able to find one? My nephew loves 'king Grimlock' (old MP Toys R Us one) but it's a floppy mess at this point. This would be awesome.

Top Bottom