Does anyone have any idea of when it is most likely we will find out who the new Transformers comic publisher and why it has not happened yet?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
*Looks over at the My Little Pony comics and...um...Scooby Doo?*

Eh, maybe, maybe not. If they can pack them in with the toys like with the Shattered Glass comics, they might have a higher chance of happening. I'll admit, the graphic novel format has been the more popular format for kid's comics for...the past decade, at least.

There is stuff like the Sonic the Hedgehog comics, but that almost falls under "nostalgia" properties more so than "Kids" properties...although, there's plenty of overlap.

Last edited:

Lobjob

Citizen
I just need to finally read Alignment. Summaries ain't cutting it anymore, and I love some G2 but i love it for what it is, not what comes after.

If anything, what *eventually* comes after is...Beast Wars.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Packing in comics with toys will mean that the product costs more and these companies are going through a phase where they are trying to reduce waste and packing, which is why the plastic windows have disappeared from Transformers boxes, so if every toy was to have a pack in comic like SG, it mean larger amounts of packing, so realistically speaking, the only pack in comic I think would be good, is what was being packed with deluxe, voyager & leaders back in the days of Armada, a few pages with speech bubbles that say what the character says and its repeated in different languages

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Here's the thing: I think it's telling that IDW didn't even both TRYING to reprint G2. It took them five volumes to give up on the UK comics, but G2? The closest we got was using the lead-in G.I. Joe issues to pad out the Classic Transformers vs G.I. Joe collection the put out, where Megatron gets his G2 tank altform. G2 was a hot mess at the time and outside of a couple of characters who emigrated out (Jhiaxus, Leige Maximo, Rook) it's pretty well forgotten at this point, outside of hyper fans.
How come Titan reprint G2?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
How come Titan reprint G2?
Because 20 years ago, Titan Books had the license to reprint the Marvel-published comics while Dreamwave published their own Trade Paperbacks.

By the time IDW took over, the comic licenses were sorted out so IDW could reprint anything Hasbro owned. They decided NOT to reprint the Generation 2 comic series.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Or rather, sales decided that the Generation 2 comic series would not be reprinted. IDW tried to reprint as much Marvel stuff as they could but it seems sales sputtered out.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Or rather, sales decided that the Generation 2 comic series would not be reprinted. IDW tried to reprint as much Marvel stuff as they could but it seems sales sputtered out.
Why did IDW stop reprinting all of the marvel UK Transformer series as graphic novel's ?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Welcome to Hell, or what everybody had been asking for - some of Soundwave's threads all merged together.

Soundwave - stop making so many damn threads. This isn't Reddit. Use the ones you've created and actually respond instead of asking us weird questions.

Top Bottom