Transformers: Reactivate (console MMO)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like this Prime as an update; it avoids the proportion issues seen in the Earthrise take (arms, thighs) and the ROTB movie-ized take (I can't get past that "old guy with pants pulled way up" vibe). The upper arms are a bit thin for my tastes though (especially against the bulkier forearms) and I don't really dig that cowcatcher in altmode. Not wild about that headsculpt, too.

These new molds seem interesting, but something about the execution and colors is keeping me away. Plus this is ancillary stuff on top of ancillary stuff and I've really had to get more picky these days. Gonna wait for better decos, at the least.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Once again, on paper this design is a checklist of everything that irks me with "modernized" designs, yet I don't hate this execution. This Rise line is weird.

But I don't need it. This Prime brings nothing new to the table.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I still haven't replaced Classics as my G1 Prime, and this isn't gonna be the one to dethrone it. It's not bad, it's just......another G1 Prime.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I'm kind of late to the comment party here. This looks pretty nice and appears to have a couple of cool nods to Classics Prime in the design. I'm not sure that I like the cattle-catcher / brushguard thing in vehicle mode, but it still looks like a decent truck cab. I definitely don't need or want it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am either all in or won't get a single one.... I haven't made up my mind yet. I started collecting the Gamer Edition toys because I LOVE WfC game, but not sure I will continue with it... this might be the same.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That prime is pretty neat! His proportions make him look more warrior than previous versions. I also like his weapon storage on the back.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That prime is pretty neat! His proportions make him look more warrior than previous versions. I also like his weapon storage on the back.
The more I look at him, the more I'm considering replacing Earthrise Prime with this guy as my default Optimus.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One thing really bothers me about this. The leg proportions are an improvement over Earthrise. But they sculpted fake knees above the real knees, making the proportions look off.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I like this Prime as an update; it avoids the proportion issues seen in the Earthrise take (arms, thighs) and the ROTB movie-ized take (I can't get past that "old guy with pants pulled way up" vibe). The upper arms are a bit thin for my tastes though (especially against the bulkier forearms) and I don't really dig that cowcatcher in altmode. Not wild about that headsculpt, too.

These new molds seem interesting, but something about the execution and colors is keeping me away. Plus this is ancillary stuff on top of ancillary stuff and I've really had to get more picky these days. Gonna wait for better decos, at the least.

Same here. It strikes me as a good mix of the WFC and ROTB designs, but I think the bland deco (especially all that light grey) and headsculpt kinda kill it for me. Hopefully we get better decos on it. Also depends on how good the Soundwave is.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Same here. It strikes me as a good mix of the WFC and ROTB designs, but I think the bland deco (especially all that light grey) and headsculpt kinda kill it for me. Hopefully we get better decos on it. Also depends on how good the Soundwave is.
Isn't Optimus going to be sold individually?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Isn't Optimus going to be sold individually?
The original listings we had were for a Starscream/Bumblebee two pack (which we saw the original version of) and a Soundwave/Optimus Prime two pack, of which we’ve only seen Prime as of yet.

My inclination remains that, aside from some packaging changes, Hasbro’s release plan for the figures remains the same. And we’ll know for sure on November 14 (officially, as stated by Hasbro).
Hopefully, the 14th will also grant us a real look at the game with some real details.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The original listings we had were for a Starscream/Bumblebee two pack (which we saw the original version of) and a Soundwave/Optimus Prime two pack, of which we’ve only seen Prime as of yet.

My inclination remains that, aside from some packaging changes, Hasbro’s release plan for the figures remains the same. And we’ll know for sure on November 14 (officially, as stated by Hasbro).
Hopefully, the 14th will also grant us a real look at the game with some real details.
Thanks. Well, that's moved Optimus from "maybe" to "I'll wait for a KO version or not bother at all" then.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like multipacks, but it is kinda annoying in this case. I find Prime boring without a trailer, but the one consolation is a cheaper price. A Voyager when a trailer would have bumped it up to a Leader or above. But shoving this Prime into an expensive multipack takes that away.

But on the other hand, Soundwave is probably going to be highly desired anyway. If you really don't want it, you'll be able to find someone who does.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This Op kind of screams that Optimus has been on Earth for sometime and taken a few beatings and needed to replace parts, the Siege voyager figure always screamed that OP already been to Earth and returned to Cybertron and had replaced more parts during his battles against the Decepticons, it never once screamed pre-earth to me, unlike the WFC video game desgin and the War Within, they screamed Cybertron alt mode as the Siege had windows and just looked like a Earth vehicle given some mods to reflect the battles OP has been through!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I like multipacks, but it is kinda annoying in this case. I find Prime boring without a trailer, but the one consolation is a cheaper price. A Voyager when a trailer would have bumped it up to a Leader or above. But shoving this Prime into an expensive multipack takes that away.

But on the other hand, Soundwave is probably going to be highly desired anyway. If you really don't want it, you'll be able to find someone who does.
Watch them reveal Soundwave as turning into Optimus's trailer, as an homage to the speaker-based Music Label Optimus trailer. 😜

Top Bottom