Transformers: Reactivate (console MMO)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I like multipacks, but it is kinda annoying in this case. I find Prime boring without a trailer, but the one consolation is a cheaper price. A Voyager when a trailer would have bumped it up to a Leader or above. But shoving this Prime into an expensive multipack takes that away.

But on the other hand, Soundwave is probably going to be highly desired anyway. If you really don't want it, you'll be able to find someone who does.
For me, I keep the boxes and so I keep whatever comes with them. In Japan, if we want to sell our TFs later in the future, the only way we can get any serious money is for them to be either MIB or UIB (and in perfect condition). That's why I don't want multipacks with irrelevant/redundant figures, as they effectively bump up the price for the single fixture for no good reason. It's why I didn't bother getting Fangry, a clean G1 coloured Tank Megatron or Prowl, even though I really wanted them.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I can't imagine caring about whether I could sell a figure for money in the future. If I thought I was ever gonna sell it this side of the grave I would never buy a toy in the first place.

But then I would never buy a toy and not open it either. If I'm not going to open it I can just look at a picture on the internet, there's zero need to own it.

-ZacWilliam, Not saying folks who work differently are wrong, just that both are super alien concepts to my relationship with toys, to where I would absolutely not buy a toy before doing either.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't imagine caring about whether I could sell a figure for money in the future. If I thought I was ever gonna sell it this side of the grave I would never buy a toy in the first place.

But then I would never buy a toy and not open it either. If I'm not going to open it I can just look at a picture on the internet, there's zero need to own it.

-ZacWilliam, Not saying folks who work differently are wrong, just that both are super alien concepts to my relationship with toys, to where I would absolutely not buy a toy before doing either.

Same. I pitch 95% of packaging, only saving boxes if they are particularly cool in and of themselves. Selling my Transformers is going to be my son's problem. After years of cleaning up his messes, it's a fair exchange.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
The only boxes I keep are for my Brave figures and that's because they're pretty rare and cool looking. And even then I keep them more for the curiosity, and they're in storage. Everything I have is on full display out of the box.

The exception to that is FansProjects Glacialord. 'cause the boxes are very much part of the presentation.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

I need to sell toys for space (even my large flat in Japan hasn't got enough space) and because of the expense of living in Japan (and the low pay, even for fairly well educated/experienced foreign workers), I need to sell toys now and then. I also don't want older/cruddier versions of some characters after getting a better version (such as replacing Classics and Combiner Wars Grimlock With SS86, for example).

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I get displaying unopened toys. I generally tend to open my TFs because they're so fun to mess with, but other stuff?

I don't know, it's like I get a nostalgic dopamine hit that reminds me of all the time I'd spend in toy stores and Walmarts and stuff looking at toys while my parents were shopping.

Easier to display, too. I have a big cork board above my computer desk with a ton of amiibo, MotU Classics, Tiger handhelds, and one Mega Construx Halo set pinned.

Easier to dust, too.

Now, if I can ever get some good display cases, that may change, but for now... I enjoy it.

...that's all blistered stuff, btw. Boxed toys, particularly without window packaging, can be another story altogether.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
My TFs (the ones on display, at least) are mainly in detolf units and a few bookcases.

IMG_20230911_203920.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I get displaying unopened toys. I generally tend to open my TFs because they're so fun to mess with, but other stuff?

I don't know, it's like I get a nostalgic dopamine hit that reminds me of all the time I'd spend in toy stores and Walmarts and stuff looking at toys while my parents were shopping.

Easier to display, too. I have a big cork board above my computer desk with a ton of amiibo, MotU Classics, Tiger handhelds, and one Mega Construx Halo set pinned.

Easier to dust, too.

Now, if I can ever get some good display cases, that may change, but for now... I enjoy it.

...that's all blistered stuff, btw. Boxed toys, particularly without window packaging, can be another story altogether.

I've taken to displaying unopened (either MISB or resealed) stuff, partly because of sheer backlog of opening things. Sometimes the appeal is the unique or interesting packaging itself. Cool box art, specialty-feeling packaging, nice display windows etc., makes for nice shelf material. For me though it's easier with boxed stuff that can stack, as blistered stuff tends to need to hang off something.

But I think a while back it clicked for me exactly like you said -- a huge part of the appeal for me is the nostalgic "overgrown kid in a toy store" vibe of being surrounded by shelves and racks of toys. Except now, unlike then, these are all mine.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
But I think a while back it clicked for me exactly like you said -- a huge part of the appeal for me is the nostalgic "overgrown kid in a toy store" vibe of being surrounded by shelves and racks of toys. Except now, unlike then, these are all mine.

I never understood MISB collecting but that makes sense to me.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Sorry if this already got posted elsewhere, but didn't see it yet.

The Reactivate 2-packs (Optimus/Soundwave and Starscream/Bumblebee) are up for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse:

I think this is the first we've seen Soundwave, and .... woof.

Starscream looks better than the first leaks IMO, and Optimus still looks decent - I'd be tempted if they were in a pack together. But I think the gangly look doesn't work for Bumblebee and Soundwave looks pretty dreadful.

Attachments

• reactsw1.png
    reactsw1.png
    468.7 KB · Views: 43
  • reactsw2.png
    reactsw2.png
    656.8 KB · Views: 44
  • reactsw3.png
    reactsw3.png
    499.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
BB looks intersting, I not been a fan of movie BB, thou I think its down to the fact he never really has a proper character arc and is more or less a set piece to transport humans around at times, but this BB looks like they blended G1 with movie, so I guess we won't see a 86 BB for a while as he one of the missing characters to get a toy

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I will agree that Bumblebee looks interesting, and Starscream looks pretty cool as well. They are the better pack, IMO, but I don't need either in my collection.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I will agree that Bumblebee looks interesting, and Starscream looks pretty cool as well. They are the better pack, IMO, but I don't need either in my collection.
I think Soundwave's legs look a bit too long perhaps? Other than that all the figures shown look good enough. However, after Titans Return, POTP, ROTB, Gamer Edition and Siege - Legacy, I'm a little burnt-out on the G1 characters we usually get. I'm happy to get the odd extra Optimus/Megatron but I'm more interested in "CHUG" (sic) figures and their repaints as new characters. If these molds get retained as other characters, I might bite though.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I actually really like that Soundwave. He's got gams.

Honestly I like all 4.

Top Bottom