Transformers: Reactivate (console MMO)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I REALLY like this Bumblebees alt mode. The Baja Buggy just looks really fun. His robot mode looks ok. Better on the back of the package than in the straight on toy pics.

Starscream looks pretty decent in both modes. Not world shaking but decent.

If they were sold separately I would probably buy the BB and might pass on the Screamer... together I don't know. Might be too rich for my blood.

-ZacWilliam, what I like most about these two toys is that it's a StarScream and Bumblebee that are the G1 characters but are not trying to match the G1 cartoon designs. It's been too long since we got new designs and alt modes for the classic guys, rather than just a new iteration of the basic default.
I wouldn't mind that BB mode as , say Glyph (or another "unreleased" character) and the seeker as Sunstorm.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
It's been said already, but I dig the Energon vibes from Starscream's patchwork deco. Will be interesting to see if a non-patchwork deco is even possible.

I'm a Seeker fanboy so a new Starscream is reason enough to get this, but I'm still going to hold out to see how it looks in hand. Is the construction solid? Is it a good value? Does it feel cheap or not? Too many unknowns currently.

I've always hated the Classics/ER torso. It's boxy without even having the dignity of being a complete box. It's just the front and back panels of a box. No depth.
To each their own. To me it's pretty much what I want out of a G1 Seeker. This take on 'Screamer is pretty cool because he's G1 Starscream after an update. I dig it, but it's also a spicy update, and not what I'd want as the main representation of the character in my collection.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They're interesting. Kind of a halfway point between the Bumblebee Movie aesthetic and a more traditional G1 flavor. Not sure yet if it's something I'd pick up or not. I'd like to see more/better pictures first.

Curious about the other characters as well.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I think that these are interesting. I'm not going to assign a value judgement to them yet, but they are interesting. I need to know more about them.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These look interesting. Won’t know for certain until we get a reveal and better pics. That is, is this set still happens. Since by the packaging, these have been in development since before the game got renamed.

As for the designs. I like BB. It’s a more rugged design for him as a ‘scout’. Honestly, I’m kinda glad he’d back to being a fast small vehicle like a buggy and not a muscle car warrior. starscream looks Like a neat update for a G1 Seeker. The deco definitely gives me Energon vibes, specifically Screamer.
I suppose these figures now hinge on what level of articulation they have, but I am interested.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd love to see that Bumblebee mold with a new head used as an update of the Buggy-type Mini Spy

Minispy_buggy.jpg

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That would make a nice reuse of the Bee mold. One can only hope someone in Hasbro TF dev has a similar idea. Eventually.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Ractivate Optimus Prime’s toy has leaked, with full in hand photos. Looks like they reused a a LOT of Siege design work, but it still works VERY well.
I like a lot of the elements here, it’s a nice mix of G1, Authentics with a splash of the current movie styling. He’s also surprisingly beefy for a Voyager, and the accessories are nicely done. He still retains elements of that “field repair” look, but I appreciate they opted not to make him as patchwork as Starscream.

About the only significant negative I have at the moment is that he is rumored to come with a deluxe Soundwave. Which just doesn’t excite me.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Ractivate Optimus Prime’s toy has leaked, with full in hand photos. Looks like they reused a a LOT of Siege design work, but it still works VERY well.
I like a lot of the elements here, it’s a nice mix of G1, Authentics with a splash of the current movie styling. He’s also surprisingly beefy for a Voyager, and the accessories are nicely done. He still retains elements of that “field repair” look, but I appreciate they opted not to make him as patchwork as Starscream.

About the only significant negative I have at the moment is that he is rumored to come with a deluxe Soundwave. Which just doesn’t excite me.
RPrime_019.jpg

RPrime_016.jpg

RPrime_008.jpg

RPrime_005.jpg

RPrime_004.jpg

RPrime_002.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That looks perfectly fine but in no way something I even remotely need.

-ZacWilliam, which is great, good for them.

Agreed. It's definitely a good-looking G1-ish Prime, but I'm well stocked on those already. Released in an interesting color scheme as like a Shattered Glass or even Nightwatch type colors, and I might bite.

Shadewing

Citizen
Agreed. It's definitely a good-looking G1-ish Prime, but I'm well stocked on those already. Released in an interesting color scheme as like a Shattered Glass or even Nightwatch type colors, and I might bite.

Yeah, I'm starting to get bored of G1-ish Primes. I wish we could go back to stuff like either RID Prime, or Armada Prime; where things could keep the red and blue elements, roughly head design but actually mix them up. Instead of Stylized G1 Prime, Slightly different Stylized G1 Prime, Slightly scuffed up G1 Prime, Movie Prime as the Geewuners always wanted, G1 Prime but as a slightly different long nose truck. G1 Prime but kind sorta Cybertronian truck. It's also why I'm kinda not big on Concept Movie Megatron, who is just another blantetly G1 design forced into the movie aesthetic.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That's what I was thinking. Prime and Megatron are the two bots I'm happy to have multiple iterations for but this one is just too similar to the recent live film versions and has come out after quite a few other Prime's recently.

Top Bottom