Transformers: Reactivate (console MMO)

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Another Shine/Rise/Reactivate 2-pack, Voyager Starscream and Deluxe Bumblebee. Also the shine toys are apparently scheduled for October?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Asymmetrical wing colors for Starscream is new. I'm guessing it's supposed to represent a patchwork repair job done to him.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I like them, but I'm not sure if I'll buy any. If Optimus and Megatron are nice, I'll get them and I might get some characters that I missed during the Siege-Legacy era (Prowl, Ramjet, Dirge, etc).

Cybersnark

Citizen
If this Starscream's cockpit actually becomes his chest as it appears to, this may be the modern Starscream I've been waiting for.

(Especially if there's a non-patchwork repaint coming.)

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
If this Starscream's cockpit actually becomes his chest as it appears to, this may be the modern Starscream I've been waiting for.

(Especially if there's a non-patchwork repaint coming.)
Not to tell you how to toy... just curious what it was about ER Starscream that didn't do it for you?

Cybersnark

Citizen
Not to tell you how to toy... just curious what it was about ER Starscream that didn't do it for you?
Earthrise is a perfect representation of a forty year old animation model.

My collection is set in the present day (I'd prefer something that looked more like a modern next-gen fighter, but with Starscream specifically I can justify him looking sci-fi).

Shadewing

Citizen
Earthrise is a perfect representation of a forty year old animation model.

My collection is set in the present day (I'd prefer something that looked more like a modern next-gen fighter, but with Starscream specifically I can justify him looking sci-fi).

Then what about Cyberverse/Earthspark? Or even Legacy Armada?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I REALLY like this Bumblebees alt mode. The Baja Buggy just looks really fun. His robot mode looks ok. Better on the back of the package than in the straight on toy pics.

Starscream looks pretty decent in both modes. Not world shaking but decent.

If they were sold separately I would probably buy the BB and might pass on the Screamer... together I don't know. Might be too rich for my blood.

-ZacWilliam, what I like most about these two toys is that it's a StarScream and Bumblebee that are the G1 characters but are not trying to match the G1 cartoon designs. It's been too long since we got new designs and alt modes for the classic guys, rather than just a new iteration of the basic default.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Hasbro had an official statement through their PR channels:
We wanted to note that recent TRANSFORMERS product information and images revealed by a Canadian retailer were listed incorrectly. Our partners at Splash Damage are working hard on the TRANSFORMERS: Reactivate game. We’re excited to announce that we will lead the charge with two game-inspired 2-packs, revealing and pre-ordering on November 14th.

Stay tuned to Transformers and Hasbro Pulse social channels for further details!

Sounds like Hasbro didn't update something or TRU Canada was too early in posting details and didn't have an updated image reflected the new game branding.

I don't hate what I see. I really like Bumblebee, as ZacWiliam said, the Baja Bug alt mode is a nice alternate take on the VW mode. Robot mode is decent and I like the dual pistol load out.
Starscream is interesting. With the "patchwork repair" stylings, it strikes me as a cross between the aesthetics of Energon Starscream on the base design of the Evergreen design. I'm also struck by some of the proportions, which kind of evoke Animated Starscream. I could see an overhaul of this mold into that iteration of the character.
I'll wait and see what the price ends up being, but I'm probably game (HA!) if it ends up in the $60 range.

Top Bottom