What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
its time to stop posting.jpg

wentwood

Citizen
I'm watching Trans Formers 1985 and hope to soon see the other 80s US anime at some point.

I had only watched a bit of He Man , She Ra and Thunder Cats from the 80s and zero from GI Joe.

Except from Trans Formers have not watched any other shows from Hasbro yet.

Spin-Out

Citizen
i didn't think i'd still have to say "transformers g1 isn't anime" in 2023 but here we are ig

wentwood

Citizen
Syndication strength

Thunder Cats
130 episodes

He Man
130 episodes

Trans Formers
98 episodes

She Ra
93 episodes

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Because some episodes (and the movie) were animated by Japanese studios like Toei, most likely.

It's kind of a meaningless distinction on the face of it, given that in Japan, "anime" is the broad term for all animated works, regardless of where it was animated.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Because some episodes (and the movie) were animated by Japanese studios like Toei, most likely.

It's kind of a meaningless distinction on the face of it, given that in Japan, "anime" is the broad term for all animated works, regardless of where it was animated.
The distinction largely exists outside of Japan because calling it an "anime" gives the impression that it was made entirely in Japan, by Japan, for Japan, from initial concept to final completion, without any involvement from Marvel and Sunbow, and later dubbed into English from Japanese, which just isn't true.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Filmation was the underdog in the battle of American animation houses vs. Hanna Barbara but in the end Filmation edged them out with Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power (aka. He-man and She-ra). The animation was not as dynamic because of budget constraints, but the heart of Filmation was its writers, directors, artists, and producers. The Filmation animation cells were better drawn, the colors were more vibrant, and the backgrounds were the best. Filmation became more than meets the eye, and brought Hanna Barbara to its knees:

Spin-Out

Citizen
jesse what tge **** are you talking about

filmation died in the 80's and hanna-barbera survived into the early 2000's before changing its name to cartoon network studios lmao

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This was Filmation’s horror episode, and it was not your scooby-dooby-doo where are you. It got real:

(cued to 7:15)

It had to be serious if Cringer is asking Adam to turn him into Battlecat. Even he knows the sh#t has hit the fan.

And it made us believe that we could be Stanlin and do this:

(cued to 16:30)

We could have the power!

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I always thought Thundercats could be a part of Masters of the Universe, same idea. I was shocked that the Sword of Omens was beaten:

That’s what I like about the Filmation Sword of Power. It was never broken; it was indestructible. It couldn’t even be melted. That is why I had a problem with Revelation, which broke the Power Sword in half.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I always thought Thundercats could be a part of Masters of the Universe, same idea. I was shocked that the Sword of Omens was beaten:

That’s what I like about the Filmation Sword of Power. It was never broken; it was indestructible. It couldn’t even be melted. That is why I had a problem with Revelation, which broke the Power Sword in half.
Which was true to the original lore, so...

Also:

1688367750685.png

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Masters of the Universe could work seamlessly with Thundercats, but from what I’ve seen they always de-power He-man:

It would not be close. Lion-o is nowhere near He-man’s power and strength level. And the power of the eye of Thundera is not even in the same ballpark as the Power of Grayskull, which according to Filmation is at the center of the universe and is the source of all creation (ie. The Big Bang).

Mumm-ra is powerful and ever living but all Skeletor would have to do is put a mirror in front of him.

Top Bottom