What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Before Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon, Filmation showed us how powerful dragons really were:

Filmation Masters of the Universe respected the Fantasy genre by illustrating that even He-man, the most powerful man in the universe, had trouble dealing with the power and strength of dragons.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I think this was the transition point. Adora gets introduced, and He-man has his last hoorah as the hero:

It’s was more or less all downhill for He-man after this fight sequence with the Horde. The last scene was pretty much his swan song, the beginning of the end. From hereafter he keeps getting captured, knocked out, and in constant need of rescue.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
that's what happens when a better hero shows up.... Xena saved Hercules all the time too

I understand that. I still would like to see He-man not being totally useless, even though it’s no longer his show anymore. I enjoyed seeing this (cued to the best part):

I liked it when Eternia/Masters of the Universe and Etheria/Princess of Power came together and cross-pollinated each other, merging to become something greater than the sum of its parts.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Teela is nothing compared to She-ra.

Huntara was nothing compared to She-ra.

Actually, besides He-man, everyone else is nothing compared to She-ra.

She-ra was just too good, too powerful that she outshined everybody.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I would love She-ra and the Masters of the Universe, but there are not enough girls interested in this to support this line.

She-ra Princess of Power has been having to piggy back on the boys line to get any of their characters out to their fans.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I'm not watching an opinion piece by somebody else, also I misread your post I thought we were talking about the new netflix she-ra show now.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
She-ra Princess of Power has been having to piggy back on the boys line to get any of their characters out to their fans.
that's because mattel was too goddamned stupid to really put any effort into marketing a toyline based on she-ra 2018.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I liked the 2018 Netflix She-ra cartoon.

But they made those characters cartoony-looking. They were not made to be turned into action figures.

The characters in the Filmation She-ra show were designed with more realistic proportions. They were specifically drawn to sell the toys. I would rather have figures that were modeled and sculpted in that style, which we got with Masters of the Universe Classics.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I wish we had gotten a fulfillment of what He-man said to She-ra here: (cued to 18:15):

We deserve a payoff of that promise.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I felt so sad and sorry for Skeletor (cued to 3:55):

That creature laughing off all their powers was distressing.

Then the creature got mad at the Sorceress and just hypnotized and took total control of her and Castle Grayskull with such ease (cued to 12:30):

That was so scary. I couldn’t stop thinking, obsessing about what that creature did to the Sorceress. I felt like crying. My mind went to some dark places. I mean he could have done anything he wanted with her.

Note: I had the same sort of feeling when Jabba the Hutt coiled himself around Princess Leia in her gold bikini.

Top Bottom