What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
We need MOTU Origins to put this out:

It’s in the Minicomics which inspired Filmation, so it’s a must. It’s also Vintage.

I really wished we could have seen He-man and Hordak battle it out in Filmation.

Slime is a proven hit with the kids.

Rob David needs to step down and move aside and let J. Michael Straczynski take over of the writing of Master of the Universe.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This a a cool Masters role-play toy:

Adult Collectors need to demand this be converted into an exercise machine so they can role-play with their spouses, promote the line, and get healthy at the same time.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The Laserbolt is actually a well thought out and designed Masters of the Universe vehicle.

You can imagine it being functional and useful in battle in a post-apocalyptic world of barbarians who just happened to stumble upon it.

If Mattel is not going to follow Filmation, the Minicomic stories are very compelling and something I could get behind. Those stories are like Mad Max and Planet of the Apes, only much more interesting.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I was very disturbed by the ending of this episode where the toad creature turns against the Enchantress, grabs her in his hand and takes her away like a doll, against her will:

What was he going to do with her. What did he mean when he said he was was going to teach her some manners. My mind went to some dark places when I heard her yelling, “No, No!” as she was being carried offscreen.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Masters of the Universe had the most ingenuity in their toys:

No one can beat this roster.

Last edited:

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
I was very disturbed by the ending of this episode where the toad creature turns against the Enchantress, grabs her in his hand and takes her away like a doll, against her will:

What was he going to do with her. What did he mean when he said he was was going to teach her some manners. My mind went to some dark places when I heard her yelling, “No, No!” as she was being carried offscreen.
he's just gonna put her in a cage. this is a silly 80's kids' cartoon; don't be gross.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’ve always thought Masters of the Universe was the best toy line because of the vibrant colors, Castle Grayskull, action feature gimmicks, motorized vehicles, play sets, and an intriguing, mysterious story.

All we need is the Filmation cartoon, the 80’s mini comics, and the toys to enjoy Masters of the Universe.

I think Mattel needs to stop putting out any more media. They’re killing the line with that crap.

I don’t know why Mattel has taken this long to put Masters of the Universe back into retail stores and finally putting their full resources behind it. I heard somewhere that it’s because they’re going to lose the license soon.

Except for the occasional DC limited series crossover, they need to give up on putting out cartoons, comics, movies, and all written media.

All we need is the Filmation cartoon and the toys. That’s Masters of the Universe’s legacy.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Filmation did some creative things with the limited budget they had to work with:

Sometimes less is more, which has proven true for Masters of the Universe.

No one has come even close to being able to match Filmation’s effectiveness and success for over 35 years ago!

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’d like to see Filmation-based Masters of the Universe novels.

If it worked for Games of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, I see no reason why Masters of the Universe cannot have its own series of bestselling novels.

Make it so.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I never end had a cap gun:

I always wanted to experience how the technology worked. I think this illegal now in all states because it uses some form of gun powder.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The He-man and She-ra Minicomics were the source material for Filmation. That was what they were going by.

In a way, the Minicomics had a heavier, larger, and more vital role because it had to sell all of the Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power toys, not just a subset of them.

The Minicomics are comprehensive. They tell the story of every toy, character, vehicle, fortress, etc. and where everything came from, including all the designs.

The Minicomics, next to the Filmation cartoons, are simply the best He-man and She-ra media ever produced.

The Filmation cartoons and the Minicomics together are analogous to:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I think it was more of a branched concurrent parallel development like the transformers techspecs and cartoon. lol. back in the day kids knew about the 3 g1 continuities... lol and then you had the kids who went on vacations over the summer who came back talking about the uk g1 and japanese g1 and BOOM now there were 5 ...

O_O and then we got beastwars and that made g1 even weirder ...

I rather enjoy the simplicity of og motu with just the show and the minis.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Ther was so many much more they could have done, so many more stories they could have told, and worlds to explore:

We didn’t want grow up.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Masters of the Universe was on the cutting edge of toy technology in the 80’s:

MOTU Origins probably gutted the technology. Why do they keep doing that for the adult collectors?

Top Bottom