What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
People have better things to do than expose their children to scantily clad musclemen, Wheels said to nobody long having given up hope that ooo-baby was listening. lol

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
We never got a payoff, a realization on Adora’s promise to King Miro. That would be a great basis for the continuation of the Filmation She-ran and He-man story:

(cued to 16:40)

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
He-man's story did continue after filmation though... new adventures ..now there was a great show

I consider He-man’s story continuing in She-ra, as her brother:

(cued to 17:10)

He-man and She-ra paired so well together. I wished they would have just made She-ra part of Masters of the Universe like they originally intended.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I loved the New Adventures toys.

I really couldn't get into the cartoon. I rarely even got the chance it was either on at a weird time or against something I was more into and I almost never saw it even being on.

I've tried to go watch it as an adult but it doesn't quite work for me. Kinda too slow and a bit dull most of the time. I DO like that Skeletor seems to be doing a weird Groucho Marx impression.

But we had a ton of the toys, like I said and they were pretty cool.

-ZacWilliam, would like to see a few more in Origins.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
People have better things to do than expose their children to scantily clad musclemen, Wheels said to nobody long having given up hope that ooo-baby was listening. lol
I’ve got ooo-baby on my ignore list. The only reason I even know these threads are still active is when somebody bumps them and I see them in the recent thread activity or last thread response on the main page.

But I LOVE the New Adventures shout outs! I’m still waiting for Mattel to give me NA figures in the Origins style (and a He-Man that doesn’t cost $40 as part of a $120 set).

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
where's my SPOP 2018 catra masterverse action figure, mattel

You can’t get better than Filmation Catra:

IMG_3181.jpeg

IMG_3180.jpeg
IMG_3183.jpeg
IMG_3182.jpeg

IMG_3184.jpeg
IMG_3179.jpeg
IMG_3177.jpeg
IMG_3176.jpeg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He-man's story did continue after filmation though... new adventures ..now there was a great show
Hell yeah! Loved that show as a kid -- earliest one I can remember that had an episode-to-episode continuity, though I think it took a bit to get there. I was so into it, I got my mom to make it the exception to not being allowed to watch TV when I was grounded, and it went towards the finale.

Which, you know, it actually got. Unlike the original series.

Also love Starship Eternia. I'd love to see a remake of that. Hell, even a Hot Wheels-scaled version would do me just fine.

It wasn't perfect, but I really enjoyed it, and I especially enjoyed how it was better integrated with MotU in the Classics line.

Sadly, I didn't get to enjoy any of the toys -- TMNT's pull and the last remnants of Transformers were too strong for me, to say nothing of NIntendo. But I always checked them out in the toy aisle at the various stores when my parents went shopping.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Filmation had very suspenseful storytelling like when it introduced the Sorceress’ Origin, the Horde on Eternia and Castle Grayskull’s appearance on Eternia:

(cued to 6:00)

It also gave us the most beautiful scene of Teela-na being “transformed” into the Sorceress and teased She-ra’s Sword of Protection:

(cued to 11:05)

all courtesy of J. Michael Stracynski, who went on to become one of the greatest sci-fi writers of all time on Babylon 5.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This was an unusual, in a good way, episode of She-ra because it starts out as a He-man episode on Eternia with Man-At-Arms and then at Castle Grayskull with the Sorceress. Adora loses her Sword of Protection. I like how Filmation kept the importance of Adora’s Sword general and vague, like the Secrets of Castle Grayskull:

The Masters of the Universe Classics Bios really did the mythology a disservice by trying to explain and define everything. Subsequent writers have continued to do this which has taken away the Power of the He-man/She-ra story little by little.

Top Bottom