Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Golden Disk Collection Road Ranger beat her to it with both Amazon and Hasbro Pulse's product descriptions declaring him to be the legit Tonka GoBots universe character rather than a Cybertronian Transformers equivalent.
...I even have him, and forgot that. Duh!

Still, it's cool that the Gobots universe is an acknowledged part of the Transformers multiverse now.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Part 1 of a Velocitron manga was posted on TFW

Swerve and Nightbird wasn't a pairing I would have ever expected, but I'm down with it. :)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I assume Nightbird is there for Road Rocket and Swerve for Blurr
Along with Cline/Lift-ticket for Dia/Burnout and Devastator for Road hauler

I didn't put that together at all but yes that's got to be the case and makes perfect sense. Great observation.

-ZacWilliam, I LOVE that this exists. Yay for a portion of the Legacy toyline getting some damn fiction. Awesome. :)

Alexcoene

Citizen
I'm ready for all the weird references and I refuse to believe this won't be tied to the Japanese cartoon continuity. Also, of course Sakamoto stuck Nightstick in a race queen outfit.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Yay for fiction acknowledgement of this line!

Also, got notified that I'm being charged for Override. That's it for this assortment.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
And they mounted the flag on Cosmos in a way that the toy actually CAN.

My guess as to the first page translation:

Cosmos: "Welcome to the Indiana...I mean...Velocitropia...no, wait...anyway, some big race with a 500 after it! Here we have our contenders, a bunch of Wal-Mart exclusive repaints, and a remake of a Cybertron character, all of whom got better distribution than ME, an actual G1 CHARACTER! Well, I can TAKE A HINT! Love the cars all you WANT PEOPLE! I'm ABOVE IT ALL! IN ORBIT! ALL ALONE! LET ME WAVE MY SURRENDER FLAG AS YOU PEOPLE DEMAND THE NEXT REMAKE OF SOME <Cybertronian anatomical equivalent untranslatable> THROTTLEBOT FOR ALL I CARE-"

"Someone get him his meds!!!"

Last edited:

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Scourge delayed to October on Pulse, checked back at Walmart and he's available there now, so back where I started, I guess. Yeesh.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Yeah, just when I'd had the preorder with them earlier, they hit with an alert of "oh we're delaying to October, so sorry," so then I'd moved my pre-order to Pulse. A bit of an amusing, if slightly frustrating turn of events in the end.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
YMMV, but my local, admittedly crap, Walmart just restocked the Velocitron deluxes. First time I've actually seen a Cosmos on the hooks with the rest. (snagged mine straight out of the first case before they even got put up) I'll be surprised if it's still there the next time I go in, but the good news is restocks can happen!

Top Bottom