Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Hot Rod description. Sounds like a recolored Studio Series figure.

TFW’s Jtprime17 has now been able to supply us with the product description for the upcoming Velocitron Voyager Hot Rod figure, which is as follows:

“Universes collide! Transformers: Legacy brings together fan-favorite characters from across the Transformers multiverse. Figures feature deco inspired by their universe with an updated Generations design. In honor of the almost 40-year legacy of Transformers entertainment, the fandoms come together from across the Transformers multiverse, all in one toy line. The race is on! Bots from across the multiverse have gathered on Velocitron to participate in the Speedia 500, a planet-wide race to determine its next leader. Hot Rod joins the Speedia 500 to show how fast he can burn rubber. Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Universes collide: universes collide with transformers: legacy! this epic line of transformers toys brings together fan-favorite characters from across the transformers multiverse
Velocitron speedia 500 collection: the race is on! bots from across the multiverse have gathered on velocitron to participate in the speedia 500, a planet-wide race to determine its next leader
G1-inspired design: this transformers 7-inch autobot hot rod robot toy is inspired by the animated series, the transformers, updated with a generations-style design
2 epic modes: action figure converts from robot to racecar mode in 29 steps. features red deco, similar to the original 1986 release
Awesome accessories: comes with buzzsaw and 2 blaster accessories. also comes with 2 blast effects that attach to vehicle mode exhaust pipes. accessories attach to figure in both modes”

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hot Rod description. Sounds like a recolored Studio Series figure.

TFW’s Jtprime17 has now been able to supply us with the product description for the upcoming Velocitron Voyager Hot Rod figure, which is as follows:

“Universes collide! Transformers: Legacy brings together fan-favorite characters from across the Transformers multiverse. Figures feature deco inspired by their universe with an updated Generations design. In honor of the almost 40-year legacy of Transformers entertainment, the fandoms come together from across the Transformers multiverse, all in one toy line. The race is on! Bots from across the multiverse have gathered on Velocitron to participate in the Speedia 500, a planet-wide race to determine its next leader. Hot Rod joins the Speedia 500 to show how fast he can burn rubber. Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Universes collide: universes collide with transformers: legacy! this epic line of transformers toys brings together fan-favorite characters from across the transformers multiverse
Velocitron speedia 500 collection: the race is on! bots from across the multiverse have gathered on velocitron to participate in the speedia 500, a planet-wide race to determine its next leader
G1-inspired design: this transformers 7-inch autobot hot rod robot toy is inspired by the animated series, the transformers, updated with a generations-style design
2 epic modes: action figure converts from robot to racecar mode in 29 steps. features red deco, similar to the original 1986 release
Awesome accessories: comes with buzzsaw and 2 blaster accessories. also comes with 2 blast effects that attach to vehicle mode exhaust pipes. accessories attach to figure in both modes”

I'm guessing a more animation based magenta? I'm fine with my red one, but I know a lot of people would be pretty excited to get a "correctly" colored version.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
It would be nice for a more accurate movie display, but with todays hike in prices, is it worth it? To me, no. Now what do I do with my other one?

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
If we take the description literally, does Hot Rod lose his Matrix and glow accessory? I suppose it's not really a big deal given how many times it's come with other figures lately.

Nevermore

Citizen

Wave 2 Shadowstrip (Dragstrip redeco) found at Kmart in New Zealand, of all places:
Velocitron Shadowstrip 1.jpgVelocitron Shadowstrip 2.jpgVelocitron Shadowstrip 3.jpgVelocitron Shadowstrip 4.jpg

Also, Crasher.
Velocitron Crasher.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well that's interesting. I can only assume that they're planning on doing a full-on G2 Menasor?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
For a moment I didn't notice that the name was not what everyone had assumed it would be and was interested in how someone would draw Shadowstriker from this toy, or if it was our first gender-flipped lady to boy...

But now I'm interested in Dragstrip going stealth mode to try to win the race all sneaky like. Which would be a bit out of character for a braggart like him but I suppose the winning is the important part to him, not how. Or it's his previously unmentioned stealthy brother.

-ZacWilliam, you know what Drag Strip would HATE, if he were assigned to sneakily cheat at the race stealthily so that Scourge could win. Oh that would probably piss him off good.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
C'mon, Hasbro, pick one. You can't have it both ways!
The former statement could be referring to the animation model-based design and so on, with a "Generations style design". The latter is more specifically about the toy-based color scheme.

But, this is... frustrating. The first one was already pretty dang red, or at least it sure wasn't actual magenta. If this is going to be toy-based, what, it's an even richer, brighter red? Maybe with sticker-based detailing in places?

Either way, it's the most boring option they could have picked. I don't care how "tired" or "cliche" the black redeco would have been, at least it wouldn't have been a couple clicks away on the color wheel from the original.

But eh, whatever. Blurr was retooled into Blurr (not unfitting, of course, for a Velocitron series), and that turned out good. Maybe this will at least do something different with the sprues so we don't have a big yellow Tetris piece in the middle of the roof.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'll pass on that repaint, much as I like Black, it doesn't seem a very intersting repaint, much like the Graple/Infero repaint they put in this line! The Hot Rod repaint might be intersting, but it depends upon what it looks like!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
No universe designation for "Decepticon Crasher". Guess that makes her a G1 native (rather than a GoBot) after all.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
No universe designation for "Decepticon Crasher". Guess that makes her a G1 native (rather than a GoBot) after all.

I saw that. Kinda bummed. 😟
...guess that's what headcannon is for. Crasher will always be a GoBot in my world.

Top Bottom