Transformers: EarthSpark

blueskyscribe

Citizen
I found a page that lists little profiles of the main characters.

"Robby Malto" - a smart 13-year-old boy with an abundance of moxie and charisma. Robby is frustrated by his family's recent move to a small town until he discovers Transformers bots and is now living the ultimate dream.

"Morgan 'Mo' Malto" - Robby's 9-year-old younger sister. Though she's emotionally mature for her age, she's able to look at everything with a wide-eyed sense of optimism and hope. For her, family comes first no matter who you are or where you're from.

"Dot Malto" - the mother to Robby and Mo, surrogate mother to the Malto-bots, and wife to Alex. She's a loving mother and ex-soldier, so she can flip that switch when she's pushed.

"Alex Malto" - the father to Robby and Mo, surrogate father to the Malto-bots, and husband to Dot. He's a college professor with a Ph.D. in Transformers History who loves sharing his Filipino heritage and wealth of Transformers knowledge with his human and bot kids. He can also rattle off dad jokes like a pro.

"Twitch Malto" - an Earth-born Terran born out of primordial sludge in the cave waters of Witwicky, Pennsylvania, like her brother Thrash. She's a keen observer of everything around her.

"Thrash Malto" - an Earth-born male Terran and a cheeky wild child. Like his sister, Twitch, he was born out of primordial sludge in the caves of Witwicky, Pennsylvania. He's a bringer of fun and good times with a happy-go-lucky attitude.

"Bumblebee" - a fun-loving veteran Autobot who serves as a mentor to the Terrans as they learn what it takes to be Transformers robots. Bumblebee has a lot to learn about being a big brother and role model. He's suddenly in a position of authority, which makes him nervous and afraid to show any cracks.

"Optimus Prime" - a courageous Autobot leader who has forged a new alliance with humans. The birth of the Terrans has given him renewed hope for the future.

"Megatron" - the father of the Decepticon faction who believes in making any sacrifice necessary for the survival of Cybertronian civilization. He's a headstrong idealist but isn't unwilling to adjust his strategy when victory hangs in the balance.

"Elita-1" - the physically gifted and confident second-in command of the Autobots. Elita-1 is fair and never overbearing to the team. She listens to everyone and is a bot the Terrans look up to.

"Mandroid" - He was a scientist-soldier in the war, jaded and ultimately, very anti-Cybertronian. With this new anti-Transformer ideology, he believes Earth and its humans need his protection and surmises that the annihilation of all Cybertronians is the best for the planet.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
YasraDW.gif
That bit ALONE has vastly increased my hopes for this series. That’s showing a focus on character and design and the intermingling of the two. Don’t think we’ve really seen that since Animated (kibble chair forever!)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is the worst Optimus Prime head ever. It looks like someone had an accident in Blender and couldn't figure out how to fix it so they pretended it was on purpose.

Other than that these look like a step up from Cyberverse toys, except when they're actually just Cyberverse toys. The Deluxes look fine and the new Warriors look much less compromised by their gimmicks this time. And Megatron isn't a tank. That alone is exciting.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That bit ALONE has vastly increased my hopes for this series. That’s showing a focus on character and design and the intermingling of the two. Don’t think we’ve really seen that since Animated (kibble chair forever!)
TF: Prime had the bit where Optimus spun the tire treads on his legs to scratch Megatron's face.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
These kind of figures don't normally grab my attention, but my current wish for the toyline is for Elita-1 to get one of those big spin changers with Dot(the mom) as her human minifigure.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Elita, Twitch, and Megatron look like great figures!

I am a little upset that the tiny figures are a finger puppet gimmick. Would love to get these character designs in a Legends/Core scale, not just the Warrior/Deluxe.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm hoping for a Deluxe Elita. I like that design, and the Warrior class one looks pretty good, really, but the Deluxe class toys seem to be a little better developed. Twitch looks great, and I like that Megatron, very Animated-ish.

This shows version of Optimus is not my favorite, but I've got plenty of Optimus Primes.

Also curious about any upcoming Thash toys, and if any could potentially be repainted into Fulcrum

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
"Alex Malto" - the father to Robby and Mo, surrogate father to the Malto-bots, and husband to Dot. He's a college professor with a Ph.D. in Transformers History who loves sharing his Filipino heritage and wealth of Transformers knowledge with his human and bot kids. He can also rattle off dad jokes like a pro.
So, he's a Filipino version of Chris McFeely.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Are the kids wearing some kind of Cybertronian glove, or did their hands get transformed somehow? (Not expecting anyone to know the answer, just speculating out loud)

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Frankly: it looks good. Prime-ish animation style, nice and fluid, decent character designs, and obviously a pre-existing conflict. Gonna need to figure out some way to watch it.

Top Bottom