Transformers: EarthSpark

The Phazer

Citizen
I can't say I care for the art style but ultimately that wouldn't matter so much if the Generations/CHUG line animation wasn't so... terrible.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Looks interesting. There's not much to go on but what there is seems promising.

Happy to see Elita's profile rising though. Got a mainline toy. Then a role in a Netflix show and another toy to tie into that. Now she's going to be in the main kids-oriented show.

Awesome. Elita's a great character and it's good to see her getting her due.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe it'll be great. People seem pretty enthusiastic to announce their involvement with it.

Echowarrior

Citizen
My only hesitation about this series is that I'm convinced that Nickelodeon will screw it over in favor of more Spongebob reruns. Not that I don't enjoy Spongebob, mind, but still, it's happened to other shows.

Looks really nice, though.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
My only hesitation about this series is that I'm convinced that Nickelodeon will screw it over in favor of more Spongebob reruns. Not that I don't enjoy Spongebob, mind, but still, it's happened to other shows.

Looks really nice, though.
It being on Paramount+ is a good sign. All streaming services need content, and Transformers is a proven IP. Hopefully that means it's given leeway.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Looks interesting. There's not much to go on but what there is seems promising.

Happy to see Elita's profile rising though. Got a mainline toy. Then a role in a Netflix show and another toy to tie into that. Now she's going to be in the main kids-oriented show.

Awesome. Elita's a great character and it's good to see her getting her due.

Agreed. I'm hoping that she gets a new toy out of this series as well. For financial reasons, I was pretty picky with what I bought during Combiner Wars, and the jet alt mode didn't really do it for me so I skipped that one. Then I skipped War for Cybertron Elita because, well, that's just not a good toy.

I'd love to see something like this custom I saw:

elita 1.jpg
elita 2.jpg
elita 3.jpg

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Don't care for how the eyes look, but otherwise: yeah, excited to see what comes of this.

if I even get to watch it at all. Not sure where this will land in canada.

blueskyscribe

Citizen
The lady in the trailer is wearing a park ranger uniform . . . I've seen people speculating that Optimus' badge might be for a similar organization since it looks like there's a tree growing out of the traditional Autobot symbol. Maybe he just straight out works for the park service? I'd be into it.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
"The two new Autobot Rangers must help protect the Earth's environment from the evil Polluticons. Together they combine into Captain Planetron" ....

Ok lose the hokey joke of what I just said, and actually have these two Earth born bots concerned with the well being of their homeworld isn't really that bad a thought. I don't care to see Transformers go full enviromentalist or so, but it'd be a bit of a different twist to the Autobot/ Decepticon conflict rarely touched upon. Just would need Beachcomber as a main character.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, between at least the Planeteers and two separate teams of Power Rangers (Mighty Morphin and Wild Force), we've got plenty of environmentalist superhero teams out there.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
SDCC news:

Introducing Transformers: EarthSpark!

Friday, July 22, 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. (Room: 6A): Autobots, Roll Out! Meet the next generation of heroes in the new original animated series, Transformers: EarthSpark. From Nickelodeon and Entertainment One, the all-new Paramount+ Original Series will showcase an insider event that celebrates a new take on the iconic global franchise with a behind-the-scenes look at art, casting, never-before-seen clips and a first time look at the Hasbro toyline inspired by the series. Featured panelists include all-new series voice talent– Danny Pudi (Bumblebee), Kat Khavari (Twitch) and Zeno Robinson (Thrash)–along with co-executive producer Dale Malinowski and executive producer Ant Ward. Moderated by Mike Cecchini, Editor-in-Chief, Den of Geek.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So Twitch the drone and Thrash the motorbike or scooter or whatever it was?

-ZacWilliam, hope we get a few cool new cons too.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
No, it says "original", not "exclusive". Meaning it's being made in-house for Paramount+, but is also supposed to air on Nickelodeon.
Frankly, that doesn't really make things better. But you are right, I did misinterpret the paragraph.

Top Bottom