Transformers: EarthSpark

Dake

Citizen
I mean - he's been "Buzzy" Bee for more of the last 14 years than not hasn't he? He's tended to get his voice back eventually in most media, but even then.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Animated, the very end of Prime, one episode of RB, all of RBA, and post-season 1 of Cyberverse all had Bumblebee speaking normally pretty contemporaneously to the live action movies' era of radio-speaking Bumblebee.

Like, for all of those last 14 years (2007-2021), the above comprised of 9 of them (2008, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021).

Even if you exclude 2013 since it was only "Deadlock" and "Predacons Rising" that had Bee speaking that year, then the other eight years are still more than half of the movie era's fourteen years.

MrBlud

Citizen
That’s one way of looking at it.

The other is, Earthspark is the first canon since Animated (2007) that (presumably) won’t have Bumblebee starting off speaking in beeps and boops…

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just realized there will be a generation of Transformers fans out there mad that Bumblebee can talk now.

I doult they'll be mad, they might of gone back and watched G1 or animated if they are really into Transformers or their parents might of shown them those cartoons, so I doult they'll get mad but then it might be a very small group who can't be bothered to do their history lessons in regards to Transformers

Cybersnark

Citizen
A few years ago I watched a YouTube clip of G1 Unicron's transformation, and one of the comments was "Is this Armada from the 80s?"
dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
The way they've written Megatron's bio makes it sound like he's going to be a wild card in this story rather than the main antagonist: skilled and capable enough that the main characters could possibly decide to go to him for assistance, but crafty enough to believe that he could have ulterior motives. It also makes me wonder if in this story the Decepticons are mostly-disbanded, with Megs being a leader in exile or something.

...Why do I suddenly have a feeling they're going with a 'the Autobot faction is the real evil' story here?... >.<

Glitch

Citizen
Roberts got the insane task of making Megatron from All Hail Megatron, -ations and Ongoing into an Autobot, he couldn't do it without laying out the possibility this wasn't the real Megatron but an imposter with a Luna 1 soul/spark implanted into his body, who had been reprogrammed. That universes Megatron could have been long dead.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Megatron not being evil would explain why we saw, in one of the early trailers, a quick view of him and Dot firing their weapons in the same direction as if they were allies instead of enemies.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Given the position cybertron is generally in following the outcome of the great war: it would make sense that megatron would move to protect the earth with the discovery of the ability to spawn cybertronian life. He might not be WITH the autobots, but I'm pretty sure he has an opinion about where the next generation of meat for the grinder comes from.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Megatron not being evil would explain why we saw, in one of the early trailers, a quick view of him and Dot firing their weapons in the same direction as if they were allies instead of enemies.

Maybe offically the war is over or there is some kind of ceasefire between Autobots and Decepticons, so they aren't fighting?

MrBlud

Citizen
I would be utterly shocked for them to go that route in the main (also only) kids-aimed cartoon. There's still a brand to maintain after all.

Every single time we’ve seen Autobot/Maximal control of Cybertron in a post war period it’s basically been Apartheid so…

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, cause decepticon controlled cybertron was so much better.

"The surrender stations are back that way, autobots: but we can "surrender" you right here, if you'd like."

Top Bottom