Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
C55dWpT.jpeg

Hey, look, he's making threats again already. What a surprise.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It just now dawned on me that he owns that site yet still wasn't able to score the handle "@DonaldTrump".

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
I think he chose that handle intentionally because he was already known as @realDonaldTrump on Twitter.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
The prosecution has filed for a protective order, specifically citing that truth social post. The deadline for Trump's team to respond was set to 5pm Monday - Trump's team tried to ask for a delay, but were denied. Trump has responded with another tirade on social media attacking the judge and now wants her to be recused.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
That will surely result in him getting the outcome he desires and not cause him any additional problems whatsoever.

Axaday

Citizen
If it were my courtroom, I would call him in and ask him to explain that Truth. "Are you telling me you will be violent? No? I just need you to explain exactly who is going after you and how you will come after them. Because you are out on bail on my okay."

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
And then he'd launch into a rambling diatribe that explains nothing, wastes plenty of time, and leaves everyone around him feeling stupider for having to hear it. Which is pretty much his response to everything. But his lawyers would argue that, well, it didn't prove violent intent, so that counts, right?

At which point any judge worth their gavel would hold him without bail until the trial due to his long and well documented history of inciting violence. But, y'know, old famous white guy, so we'll see.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Oh yeah, we'll see.

We'll see him walk out of a courtroom with a very stern warning that he will completely ignore. We'll see him continue to issue threats and commit crimes that would land LITERALLY anyone else in jail pending trial, have extra charges slapped on, and have warrants issued for their arrest.

We'll see that even though trump is being blatantly criminal, the fear of his base will keep him free. Because cult leaders are like that.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
If I'm the judge, I'd put him in a cell overnight just to show him what it's like. Let him out the next day and dare him to keep it up. Next time he does it, I'll put him in for a week. Think I won't? Try me.

If he shuts up, he loses face. If he doesn't, he goes back in. Either way, he loses.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Citizen
Wouldn't being put in a cell help reinforce his martyr claims with the base?
That's the only reason he shouldn't be locked up the entire time between now and his trial. Just give him a taste and then let him decide if he wants to keep pushing his luck.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
That's the only reason he shouldn't be locked up the entire time between now and his trial. Just give him a taste and then let him decide if he wants to keep pushing his luck.
If getting thrown in prison is a benefit to his status in the cult: then he will do it. He's going to keep pushing his luck because he cannot lose face to the cult, it's all he has left.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Ideally, the cult's reaction wouldn't be a factor, because trying to appease them, aside from being impossible, is basically negotiating with terrorists. But this is the world we live in.....

Pale Rider

Citizen
Their bargaining posture is highly dubious.

You know, since they're going to react badly no matter what happens.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Sadly, it's entirely a factor because (oh, and the ******* irony.) they'll take it as an action of authoritarian government. It's entirely not, it's respecting and acting by the law as written. Will the cult once again attempt to commit acts of violence against... **** anyone they can blame. It's absolutely negotiating with terrorists; and if the cult gets fired up enough (and literally imprisoning the messiah in religion will do that.) if there are enough attempts at violence: statistically some will succeed.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I guess the real problem is that, in the face of this much threatened violence and upheaval, we suddenly need all our leaders to be willing to literally take a bullet for their country. And I don't think any nation has ever been so privileged as to have such stoic, selfless people in charge. We'd be lucky to find even a handful these days, and if they did run for office, the public would probably be weirded out by it. "You're telling me I ought to vote for some fanatic with a death wish?" they'd probably say.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
He's also now blaming Biden and wokeness for.....the US Women's Soccer Team losing to Sweden.

I'm not stupid enough to make that up.

Top Bottom