Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They were already threatening to open an impeachment investigation. Which will go exactly as far as all the rest of their "investigations".

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
I'm still trying to figure out what they're trying to impeach him for. Has far has I can see he hasn't committed an actual impeachable offense. Being old and going senile isn't a crime last time I checked

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Someone (usually Greene or Boebert) tries to put forth an impeachment every week or two. It never goes anywhere because they're idiots.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I'm still trying to figure out what they're trying to impeach him for. Has far has I can see he hasn't committed an actual impeachable offense. Being old and going senile isn't a crime last time I checked

Someone (usually Greene or Boebert) tries to put forth an impeachment every week or two. It never goes anywhere because they're idiots.

Fun fact! Traitor green has actually brought articles of impeachment every week since biden was elected. They have nothing, but desperately hope that by constantly pestering and threatening him, they'll drive him to do something that they can scream "AHA!" over and finally, FINALLY have their scooby-doo "unmasking the ghost moment".

Because their all ******* 1980's cartoon villains: relentless, driven, motivated and so utterly stupid and incompetent that their only service is being an example of how not to be.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Trump unsurprisingly plead not guilty at his first appearance and has been released on bond. Next appearance is August 28.

One of the conditions of bond is him not discussing the case with anyone other than through attorneys. 99% chance he blows that by posting about it on social media in the next few days.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
What are the consequences of him discussing the case with anyone other than through attorneys?

Let me rephrase that: What are the consequences of anyone else discussing the case with anyone other than through attorneys?

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
What are the consequences of him discussing the case with anyone other than through attorneys?
As a condition of his bond, Trump was ordered not to violate local law, and to not discuss the facts of the case with any witness other than through attorneys.

Upadhyaya asked Trump if he understood the conditions of his release, and the risk that he will be arrested if he violates them. He indicated he did.
I presume that means he'd be held in custody until the trial, though I'm not holding my breath. He's already fundraising off the whole thing, of course.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
He's going to squeal like a stuck pig, and there will be absolutely no accountability. It's LITERALLY what has already happened.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I thought during one of the other cases he did, and was given a stern warning not to do it again, but I can't find any news stories saying so, so I am probably misremembering.

Axaday

Citizen

It is a sad day for America and it was sad to drive through Washington DC and see all the filth and the broken buildings and graffiti that weren't the Washington DC he left.

I mean...did it happen during your riot?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
You guys do know he's never actually broken any order to not talk about this right?

Ironbite-right?
huhn... everything he says is so vague, rambling and clouded by innuendo... I guess we're just filling in the missing bits ourselves. Though like abates, I could have sworn a judge already telling him off for breaking the "shut the **** up" clause.

Axaday

Citizen
My wife and I weren't sure of a fact in a discussion last night. When he goes to trial, he has to go to court all day every day, right? What about when the jury is deliberating? If they deliberate for a week how free is he? I feel doubtful about allowing someone who may be remanded to prison when the jury finishes being allowed to go home or travel.

Although having him flee the country and spend the rest of his life as a fugitive in some country that won't extradict is actually maybe good enough for me.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Thing is: he can't run. Running is admitting he was wrong, and he literally is not capable of that. More to the point: it's also something he can't come back from because the cult will absolutely abandon him if he legs it. He NEEDS to be president again; not just to pardon himself from his crimes, but because of the "absolute" power and prestige of the position.

If trump runs at any point from here: it's over. He'll never get what he wants, no way at all.

Axaday

Citizen
I think he can make running mean that he's realized the witch hunt will succeed and he can't keep fighting for America from prison, so he'll have to do it in Russia.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
He would absolutely try, but he's also going to lose the vast majority of the cult. And again: this was never about the cult: it was always what the cult can be exploited FOR, and if trump runs away, he's not running for president which is what he NEEDS. Trump legs it, he might keep enough cultists on the leash to keep him "rich" from the grift, but he doesn't get to be president again. That's the golden apple right there.

Trump CAN'T run, at least not until it's obvious even to trump that he cannot win or steal the presidency, and it'll be too late by then.

Top Bottom