Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Hitch needs to cool it with the whistle. He keeps blowing it RIGHT in everyone's ear! Maybe that's the joke? He's so winded that his whistle isn't that loud?

Huh, I kind of like that longer hair style on Posey. The animators are really having fun giving Posey different mane-styles. Shame it got ruined. Posey's rage is justified count: 1.

Okay, Izzy getting herself glitter-glued to the tree legitimately has me laughing. Poor Izzy. There's a entire episode's worth of story about her friends trying to get her free but just adding to the glue glob just WAITING to be told.

Well, Sunny's accident is really more a mechanical failure than caused by overwork, but okay.

Hey free smoothie! This is probably a overall win for Rufus.

The newscaster ponies are just doing travel advertisements now? ...That's actually probably sadly realistic.

Ponies using hang gliders will never not be weird to me.

So...everyone in Maretime Bay went to the same place on their vacations? I mean...there probably aren't that many places they CAN go, with Equestria still being limited to three main cities, I guess.

When did this place get built? And by who? I guess I'm going with Phyllis for now. She's got to do SOMETHING now that Canter Logic closed up shop.

*Ticket Master flashbacks* Oh, no, wait, Sunny has enough tickets for everyone. Good.

"You critters will be fine" ...Everything's going to be on fire when Hitch gets back, isn't it?

Pipp's just going to leave her stuff out on the lawn. I guess the racoonicorns will be well-dressed while Hitch is away, at least.

Wait, lightning can interfere with the Magic Lantern? Stupid cheap magical artifacts, not working whenever it rains. I guess this lightning DOES look suspiciously purple, so it might be a Opaline plot, but still.

"Look on the bright side...at least Pipp still got her spa day! *Pfft* Da-Da-Dum!" "Too soon, Izzy. TOO SOON!" And yet, perfectly timed.

If I had a nickel for every time one of Hitch's maps got destroyed...I'm not sure how many nickels I'd have.

Why do they need to catch a FERRY to Ponytropico if they have a magical flying bus? They have unlimited fuel, if the magic lantern worked.

Man that camper is really fully stocked. They really didn't need to go anywhere for their vacation, I guess.

Just take the Marestream! C'MON!

Meanwhile, Misty is just walking through the deserted Maretime Bay, wondering where everyone went.

Um Hitch can you even take a week off? I mean you're the only law enforcement the town has. You can't just up and leave! Who's acting Sherif? It's certainly not Sprout this time.

I guess everyone else in town is already on Ponytropico? Maretime Bay must be a ghost town.

Why did you even bring Sparky? How is this even going to be a vacation for you?

Maybe Ponytropico has babysitting services? I mean, everyone he'd leave Sparky with is going with him on vacation. Not sure if I'd trust the babysitters since they might turn out to be a certain pony in disguise trying to kidnap him again, but still.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's possible. G5 has been fantastic about having little consequences matter. Things don't just get fixed if they're shoved offscreen for a few seconds.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen

Okay so it's not what happened when they were gone, but

MISTY! YAY!

I love the sock puppet struggle.

How the hay did they not see Opaline come out of that?

Okay moving the pen was just to mess with Hitch

It is pretty funny.

I'd ask why Zipp has all this footage of Misty doing these, but no it makes perfect sense she'd follow her around just to take video. The bigger surprise is somehow none of that time did Opaline call Misty.

"She'll love me for at least five minutes!" Yeah Misty this is a clue on why Opaline is a horrible pony to be around.

All the signs of something evil? It's just a gold pendant. Other then the purple diamonds maybe, I'm not sure what's evil about it. Yes it looks evil when the eye opens, but they haven't seen it do that yet.

The fact that Hitch's idea of evil is to do more littering is hilarious. I love how Pipp just goes along with it too.

I don't mind evil Pipp.

This whole scene of the evil smoke everywhere is actually kinda cool. Who knew this pendant was so dangerous? Also yeah this is like very definitive of Opaline being a bad Pony. Misty get out of her life.

Good for you Misty, though I don't think it falling from that height onto SAND should be enough to break it.

Yeah I knew Hitch would pick that back up.

Really happy for Misty, but it really does make me wonder how this ties into the regular show. Are we going to see her turn against Opaline in the next batch of six episodes?I kinda hope so, but at the same time, what is after that?

EDIT: Also forgot to mention. I wonder if the reason Misty can wear the pendant without really changing in personality is because of her lack of cutie mark?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh...wait, that puppet is supposed to represent Misty's desire to make Opaline happy with the other puppet being Misty's desire to make HERSELF happy. Poor Misty's having a mental breakdown. Those puppets are a cry for help!

She really is taking after Izzy, trying out some crafts, huh?

"Watcha doin'?" Just...hiding in your bushes! Eating your grass! Totally normal! Want some?

Okay, so, this confirms no one else can see the Opaline hologram coming from the amulet. Or it really is all in her head...

Some real "shake weight" energy from trying to clamp down on that amulet. Seems like it was a good workout for her. *SIGH* Beware the incoming fan edits...

Okay, Misty hiding in a giant grandfather clock is great. No one suspects a thing!

Another version of Misty's sneaky mission outfit. I'm sure the mask really helps in a world full of completely different colored horses.

Ooh...Misty messed with Hitch's pen organization...TRUE EVIL! Hitch will lock her up for a 1000 years! And give her a 3 hour lecture about the importance of proper pen placement.

They have all this on tape and they still trust her? Also, the Pegasus government really does have camera's everywhere, huh?

Shadowberries? Well, I'm sure nothing evil can come of this. (Huh...nothing evil DID come from that...)

Again, the royal sisters have no respect for personal property. They just like the thrill of stealing things.

"She's gonna love me for at least FIVE MINUTES when she sees these!" That is oh so very sad. Someone hug this pony!

"I said DON'T move!" When she finds her amulet again, it'll get punished by not getting any of the good polish for a week. That'll teach it to behave.

"On the one hoof, it has all the signs of something EVIL! But on the other...it's SUPER SHINY!!!" Well, we know how to corrupt Izzy, now. Her :3 face is so cute!

Wait...the amulet influences your personality? That...didn't seem to happen before. Again, I have to ask...Is Opaline all in Misty's mind?!

I CANNOT make out what Izzy calls the popsickle pony over the music.

"It's the Anti-Sparkle!" Wut? Wait, so it messes with your inner chakras?

Evil Hitch is...more into littering than just something evil to do, I think. Is it telling he's singling out Pipp to be the one to do this? I think the amulet's awakened something in him. It's just so...naughty...

*Crazy guitar solo* Okay, I like Evil Pipp. Evil Pipp can stay.

Why doesn't Misty change personality WITHOUT the amulet?

Hmm...evil mist. Really, all they needed to do was open a window.

That...shattered REALLY easily. Why didn't it break when it was getting thrown around everywhere? Also...I guess this is the end of the Amulet? We never did get to see where Misty got it in the first place. Also...did they just release a ancient evil into the world? Oh well, they'll deal with it later, I guess.

This...is kind of a big character moment for Tell Your Tale to actually do before it happens in Make Your Mark. Huh. I guess they want both shows to kind of make sense on their own?

OH NO HITCH!!! I bet he tries littering by himself, in private later, and it's just not the same as when he saw Pipp doing it.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention. I wonder if the reason Misty can wear the pendant without really changing in personality is because of her lack of cutie mark?
Hmm...I guess that can make sense. You can't really be the "opposite" of yourself, if you don't even know who you are, to begin with.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can already tell from the thumbnail that this is going to be a good one.

Sock puppet!

Misty!

Evil laugh.

Poor Misty is torn. It is going to feel so good when she finally makes her choice.

From their expressions, Izzy is the only one not finding this weird, which explains why the group doesn't have more questions about Misty's behavior. They accept that unicorns are just weird.

Oh snap. This is why we didn't design phones to automatically answer calls.

Misty once again finds a fantastically simple solution to a situation that seems inescapable, and once again this Opaline projection is surprisingly tangible.

Montage. None of these things have anything to do with the necklace. Seems like a rare script error.

The police station is apparently full of cameras. Makes sense.

Detective Zipp is on the case.

"She's going to love me for at least five minutes."

Is it me or does this episode have the best music anything in G5 has had to date?

Wha? This necklace is more interesting than I thought. We've never seen any evidence of this effect on Misty, so... what?

Finally we get to the thumbnail.

... This is not what I expected for Pipp's opposite. This isn't even evil.

Wait, none of them are wearing the necklace now, yet all this is happening. How powerful is this thing?

Misty is highly competent. She's just been in opposite mode this whole time.

What? What? They're doing this right now?

It's_happening.gif

Equestria is such a nightmare world that they're not even finding this suspicious. They find it entirely credible that she just found the necklace somewhere.

TYT: "Please hurry up with the next big event. I can't keep stalling forever and I've already made my schedule biweekly."

MYM: "What's a schedule?"

TYT: "Fine, I'll do it myself."

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
You know the next Pony special should be coming this Tuesday... I wonder if we are getting the six episodes along side it? If we do, that could be a very good time to have Misty make a choice that would just so happen to fit nicely along side the most recent Tell your tale....

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It wouldn't surprise me. They've done a remarkable job keeping the shows mostly in sync despite wildly different schedules. I thought we'd have to make a project out of figuring out a timeline between the two shows, but it basically works as is. It's something Hasbro has always struggled with in the past, so they must be really making an effort this time.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, we know for sure that we'll be getting 6 episodes alongside the special (effectively making 8 episodes of content)
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2023/05/bridlewoodstock-trailer-and-chapter-4.html#more

As for THIS being when Misty decides to leave Opaline...I'm not as sure. This really shouldn't be the end of the "season". We still have one more 44 minute special, and 9 more 22 minute episodes for this initial batch order. But Misty leaving WOULD be a pretty decent "cliffhanger" to set up the last third of the season. That could lead to Opaline revealing herself to Maretime Bay, being a more direct villain, and make her more desperate in her plans since she'd be all alone. And that could work. We'll see. At the very least, I think we'll see Misty start to develop the rebellious attitude she's had in more recent TYT episodes.

Ditching the Amulet might just be a way to line the shows back up again. Since the Amulet was NEVER a thing in MYM.

Last edited:

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I could see Misty deciding to join Sunny and co in this season, with it ending with her going: "I need to tell you about Opaline..." and that's our cliffhanger.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That could be fun. TYT has already established that Opaline doesn't know what to do with herself when Misty isn't around. Maybe that was a preview of coming attractions.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
3127441.gif

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And now back to everyone's favorite show.

Opaline.

This looks familiar. And the timing is once again remarkable. I'm not even disappointed. At this point I'm interested to see how the two shows handle the same things.

She still has her pet! Point in the TYT column.

Oh. You got me.

Or maybe not. Looks like we are going to get this story after all.

Misty is looking colorful today.

Okay. It appears the new color is Pipp's doing.

This is not how I remember that.

Izzy, get out of the way. Pipp is trying to give me a new ponymote.

Mane Melody customers get donuts. No wonder the place is so popular. It's actually not weird. The barber shop I used to go to had cookies.

Sparky doesn't like this story.

No worries. She'll never break out of that bubble.

The TYT writers are flexing that they can cut MYM's writing down to 5 minutes. =P

TYT really wants to remain compatible with MYM. We now have an explanation for how it can still work. If events don't match up, one version is Pipp telling the story.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Wow, okay, we're getting RIGHT into the finale of MYM. Hasbro expects you to marathon these shows ASAP!

"Oh, please *rolls eyes*" Opaline has NO SYMPATHY for babies.

Her racoonicorn is back! Oh, this show is good at callbacks sometimes.

Aww, he just wanted to Netflix and chill with you on the couch, Opaline...

I'm liking the blue fire effects.

Misty's hair is red...explain, show...EXPLAIN!

So...Pipp is telling the story of the MYM finale...to the ponies who were THERE? Why?

These ponies will forgive ANYTHING. Baby-napping, attempted murder, tax evasion...

Stoker!

Oh, so Misty got her new hair color after she visited Mane Melody. Thank you for explaining, TYT! You did the bare minimum expected of you! *Glares over at MYM*

Shame that TYT doesn't have the budget to re-animated the Sunny/Opaline fight. But, Izzy's trying her best. Her one-liner tough guy face is great.

"I'm not JUST a alicorn...I'm a FIRE ALICORN!" I'm not sure I really understand the difference, but good for you? I like Opaline's crystalline-looking wings here.

Oh, we ARE getting a new version of the MYM fight. Even better!

No! Donuts! My only weakness! Think about...the cholesterol!

*Pipp's twitchy eye* It's happening more and more. Poor girl needs another spa day.

Hmm...is Pipp's evil laugh actually better than Opaline's? Should we be worried?

Aw, Sparky's still recovering. Poor little guy.

I'm assuming TYT Misty is still going to be a double agent, though? Maybe? We'll see.

The TYT writers are flexing that they can cut MYM's writing down to 5 minutes. =P
I'm honestly not sure if I prefer this version of the fight or not. This version's shorter, and we don't get a payoff for the cutie marks glowing. But, the actually laser-fights feels so anime-inspired in this, that I think I like the action better, here.

TYT really wants to remain compatible with MYM. We now have an explanation for how it can still work. If events don't match up, one version is Pipp telling the story.

Hmm....headcanon accepted! You save the franchise again, TYT!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's a TYT week!

Who knew Bridlewoodstock would be such a major story beat?

G5's music just does not work for me.

The supply chain crisis has hit Equestria.

Pipp is the new Rarity. Her episodes are about grownup problems. Her business didn't get a supply shipment.

I feel your pain, Zipp. They change the interface all the time and the only idea the designers have anymore is to take a button and hide it behind another button. It's madness.

Pipp actually found the supplies. She must have had a tracking ID.

Poor Pipp. The writers love her and love to torture her.

Why is Posey still here? I guess there might have been some steps that weren't done when Pipp left, but she is tempting fate. Take the incomplete look and get out while you're ahead.

The livestream viewers are enjoying this chaos.

Pipp's about to crack.

Pipp has found her inner strength. Desperation is a heck of a drug.

How does Rufus not know who she is?

Izzy saves the day.

Posey had a good day after all.

I have to admit, I was hoping they were going to try to cram the plot of MYM's 44 minute special into 5 minutes, but this was just a between the scenes mini plot like what IDW did.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
So... who was supposed to deliver those supplies? Like the thing seemed to just be sitting in mud abandoned. With the way Sunny reacts, it almost makes me think she was supposed to, but that doesn't make sense.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I still don't know how I feel about the Bridlewoodstock designs. It's a awful lot of glittery eyeshadow. But, I do like Pipp's rainbow wings and all the glowy...stuff.

Even Posey's joining in! It's nice to see her having fun once in a while.

The guardpony isn't going to take off her helmet during her mane styling?

Pipp...hanging out with her new dad.

She's...OUT OF MANE SPRAY! Someone call Fashion 911...it's a emergency!

Did...Sunny DO something with all the mane spray? Those are awful guilty looking eyes.

Yeah, I don't know what any of those things are, either. I don't know fashion.

I feel like we've seen Zipp use Ponygram before, but whatever makes the funny happen, I guess.

"Hello! *wavy hoof*" This is just a cute moment from Izzy.

Huh, Zipp's phone has a Tirek-filter. That's random.

Aww, the racoonicorns are having a tea party like little gentlemen.

Pipp is having a day. This IS helping to fill in some gaps about all the stress she was under in the MYM Bridlewoodstock episode.

Izzy is always trying to find new innovative uses for spoons.

"I FOUND THIS IN A SWAMP!" To be fair, they ARE all wearing flowers, anyway. It's not THAT different.

That's right, Hitch, just rub it all over that foal's face. Really get in all the crevices. Don't miss the eye-sockets.

Onyx will be using this experience to write a angsty poem later.

"Don't you know who I AM?!" Okay, now I feel a little TOO bad for Pipp, now that she's in tears. Rufus is getting fired for this later...I mean, I'm not sure he's even getting PAID for this, but he won't be doing it again.

Izzy's making it work.

*Getting flower tattoos* Posey's fear is understandable, but thankfully unnecessary count: 1.

I'm pretty sure at least one pony has multiple bugs in her hair, but as long as she likes it, that's fine!

"You like what we did? Hmm?" Izzy's eyes...too cute! Too hopeful!

G5's music just does not work for me.
Yeah, it's not as memorable as G4's music. I feel like G4 was more inspired by Broadway shows and musicals. G5 is going for more of a Pop feel, and it tends to blend together a little.

So... who was supposed to deliver those supplies? Like the thing seemed to just be sitting in mud abandoned. With the way Sunny reacts, it almost makes me think she was supposed to, but that doesn't make sense.
Yeah, Sunny's acting kind of odd in this one. But, I don't see how she could have been responsible, either.

I guess we could say Misty did it? Misty would...probably still be doing her best at evil at this point?

Or maybe the Troggles did it. They might be using rubies in their beauty supplies, I wouldn't really be all that surprised at this point.

But, I think Fifi just messing up the delivery makes the most sense. It just fell off the delivery-caravan and she didn't notice. She does have the most Derpy-vibes out of all of G5.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

The episode is oddly ambiguous on that point. Sunny looks more guilty than just worried.

I guess it depends on how you interpret the scene where Pipp "finds" her supplies. It's convenient that the cart is right by the spot where she stopped to check her phone. Maybe that's not how the scene was meant to be interpreted when written. Maybe that's not her finding the cart.

Here's another interpretation. Sunny was supposed to order the supplies, and it slipped her mind amidst all the other problems that day. Pipp went all the way to Mane Melody and back to get that cart. She didn't find it stuck in the mud after stopping for a phone break. She got it stuck in the mud, then took a phone break, then went back to work. Why there's so much distance between her and the cart when the scene starts is a mystery, but maybe that's just where she had to stand to get a signal.

I still don't know how I feel about the Bridlewoodstock designs. It's a awful lot of glittery eyeshadow. But, I do like Pipp's rainbow wings and all the glowy...stuff.

Pipp's wings are majestic.

I feel like we've seen Zipp use Ponygram before, but whatever makes the funny happen, I guess.

They changed the interface for no reason again.

Pipp is having a day. This IS helping to fill in some gaps about all the stress she was under in the MYM Bridlewoodstock episode.

TYT saves the day again.

Yeah, it's not as memorable as G4's music. I feel like G4 was more inspired by Broadway shows and musicals. G5 is going for more of a Pop feel, and it tends to blend together a little.

G4 went for Broadway and film. Sometimes they did homages to specific composers. It was great. G5's music seems completely corporate.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen

This.. just meh. I didn't care for this. I hope we move on from the Bridlewoodstock stuff soon.

The thing with Izzy is kinda silly but everything here just feels so by the numbers that I'm just kinda meh.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
"Everything? I LOVE Everything!" Wait until you try the deep-fried bacon-wrapped watermelon. It'll change your life!

Huh, I did not notice Electric Blue having such prominent lips during the MYM version of this. It's just a lot more noticeable in this style, I guess.

"Not my lucky underpants!" What's a pony doing with underpants in the first place? How does that even work?

"Hitch!" "Hitch!" "The Super-Glam VIP Tent!" *Glares* Pipp has her priorities, alright? When Pipp friend-zones you, she friend-zones you HARD!

And now Hitch discovers a hidden underground city of mole-ponies. Right? Or the Diamond Dogs return, one way or another.

"Aww, da lawst sink hole of da year, so cwute!" Izzy REALLY likes things involving mud. Also, how does SHE know it's the last one?

Wait, they're giving their magical bus to Electric Blue to use? It's powered by the Lantern, this seems like a VERY bad idea.

*Tomatoes at the ready* This is Posey's doing, isn't this? She's been growing tomatoes all year in her garden, just WAITING for a chance to get her revenge!

"EVERYTHING on ONE bagel? Mwuhahaha...you've come to the right pony" Oh...they're actually paying off that opening line. Okay. I don't know how he's going to be able to eat a kitchen sink, but Izzy WILL put it on there. Challenge...ACCEPTED!

Yup, Posey's the ringleader behind this, with how they focused on her and how she's smiling. Posey has found a brief moment of joy in a chaotic world count...1.

Oh, that's actually kind of a accidentally neat fireworks show by Sparky and Hitch.

Posey's so disappointed she isn't getting her tomato monsoon. Even when things go right, things find a way to go wrong for Posey.

Zipp apparently thinks Rufus's magicians cape is the height of fashion. Rufus is a subtle trend-setter!

How did Izzy afford all that food anyway? Is Izzy secretly rich?

No one can say no to Sunny's "please" eyes. But, Dahlia is NOT a fashion designer.

Oh, Izzy's Omni-Bagel is going to end up ruining their outfits again, isn't it? This is less bagel and more buffet at this point. I'm really not sure why Izzy's magic made it explode, though.

"We may look and...smell terrible" Actually, I would think everyone would smell pretty good right now. They're covered in delicious food. Maybe too much food, but still.

"What do you call a pony on top of Prancing Point? LOST!" Nice callback to TYT 10 Sunny-Day Dinners.

Posey never got to use her tomatoes...Posey's disappointment is immeasurable and her day is ruined count...1.

Top Bottom