Takara Tomy Premium Finish series

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Watching the video, that is not the case.
What do you mean? I saw some of it and it didn't look like a plastic toy of that age could look that bad prior to restoration. It would have needed to have been buried under the ground for it to look that damaged. Most of the other "restored" toys in that YouTuber's video seem to be similarly "damaged" too.

I stand by my comment that the video is dubious.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - it's a pretty common genre these days. They artificially age a thing and then restore it to new again. The work is happening, but it's contrived from start to finish. They don't run stuff backwards, but the toy didn't get to that decrepit stage by itself either.

Last edited:

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I do find it hard to believe that something like that would be that old looking, but if it was under harsh conditions for the last 14 to 16 years...

Still, even if they aged things to look older. It's not a case of reversing the video and it went from fixed up to rust bucket.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I do find it hard to believe that something like that would be that old looking, but if it was under harsh conditions for the last 14 to 16 years...

Still, even if they aged things to look older. It's not a case of reversing the video and it went from fixed up to rust bucket.

Maybe not, but it's still a bit cheeky.

(The next bit of my reply is even more off-topic and a bit gross)

They've got these fake "removing dead skin from hair" videos that are basically someone with wax all over their hair and then something gross put inside the wax. It's gross and fake at the same time.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yeah, they do bug me and it's mostly because many of them are passed off as, "Whoa, look at this thing I found this way and fixed up!" The worst ones have "rusted" plastic. 🙄
Battle Damaged Optimus Prime.jpg

Hasbro and Takara are terrible at this. People complain about yellowing plastic, but look at these two; they've rusted the plastic before even opening them!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

(Rhinox is spelt wrong in the url...)

Generations / ImagesTakara Eternal Beast Showdown BWVS-02 Rhinox VS Scorponok Official Product Info & Images

Its time to face-off again again Takara TOMY revives their classic Showdown 2-packs with the reveal of their Takara Eternal Beast Showdown BWVS-02 Rhinox VS Scorponok set. These Kingdom carryovers are getting the premium treatment to look more like they did on the screen. The second of the Eternal Beast Showdown offerings will be released September 30, 2023. See the translated official product information followed by images for the full details on the set.

TRANSFORMERS BWVS-02 ETERNAL BEAST SHOWDOWN RHINOX VS SCORPONOK

Retail Price: ¥ 9,047 / $68 USD

Release Date: September 30, 2023

Beast warrior participation in the anime selection broadcast and the movie scheduled to be released in the summer, and the much-talked-about Beast character reappears with premium finish specifications.

It will be released sequentially in a VS set box that will make you feel nostalgic for the time with coloring that matches the image of the main CG animation and confrontation image of rival characters.

It is a confrontation set product of Cybertron ground defense fighter "Rhinox" who transforms into a rhinoceros and Destron's desert warfare commander "Scorponok" who transforms into a scorpion.
From the items released in the Generation series, the coloring has been changed to a premium finish, and the printing positions of the emblems of both armies have been changed to match the main part of the anime.

The confrontation set with a new combination that was not in the original toy is reminiscent of the battle image of the main part of the anime.

In the closed box package, a reversible inner sheet is set that reminds you of the confrontation set box at that time, and two character cards are included.

Contents of set

Rhinox body (1), Scorponok body (1), Character card (2), Instruction manual (1)

Batteries Required: ‎No
Material Type(s) : ‎Plastic
Manufacturer recommended age: ‎15 years and up
Release date: ‎September 30, 2023
Product Dimensions: ‎8 x 12 x 17 cm; 234 g
ASINs: ‎B0C1B29JDF
Rhinox & Scorponok.jpg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like this set, but I am not sure that I want to drop the coin to get them after already having the other versions of the molds.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I've only got the Scorponok mold from the Creatures Collide pack. I didn't get Rhinox because the robot mode face / head just looks too off. If they had done something different with this release, I might be interested. But as it is, it will take a lot to unseat my LG-EX Rhinox from 7 or 8 years ago.

Top Bottom