Takara Tomy Premium Finish series

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think TT dropped the ball on these as they've come out waaaaaay too late for most TF collectors to care enough to buy them. I remember a time (perhaps erroneously?) when recolours of this type would appear soon after or at the same time as the originals, giving fans the choice to buy either the cheaper standard versions or the more expensive, deluxe (painted) versions.

Last edited:

RCX

Citizen
Scorponok's var mode colors are whack. I'll stick with the Kingdom version...mine is in Scorpion mode in my display anyway.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mine are still MISB, but I am debating on what to do with them. Like I want them for my collection, but I also like my Previous set that can combine. Maybe I will have the combiner version fight Abominus on my display as I don't have Computron anymore. (Sad victim of the 2017 purge)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm a little saddened that the last few Premium Finish toys were canceled.

I would have liked to have seen what the combining Studio Series Optimus and Jetfire toys would have looked like in the gorgeous paint jobs given to the toys of this line.

But on the other hand, I shed no tears for the cancelation of the umpteenth release of Earthrise Wheeljack. We did not need another Wheeljack release after Earthrise, Kingdom, and Netflix gave us more than enough Wheeljacks from that mold. Not to mention the very similar Authentics Wheeljack mold.

MrBlud

Citizen
I’d have liked an actual WHITE Wheeljack with his original G1 deco.

That’s not what the Premium was going to be though.

I am glad the Beast Wars ones are more in that vein.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think this is the first and only way to officially buy the Terrasaur mold in Japan, as it was previously an American shop exclusive?

50025__scaled_800.jpg

MrBlud

Citizen
That looks…really bad.

The Golden Disc one isn’t accurate either but certainly looks closer. I can understand the black hands a bit (as his fingers were black originally) but not that random back on the lower legs.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That looks…really bad.

The Golden Disc one isn’t accurate either but certainly looks closer. I can understand the black hands a bit (as his fingers were black originally) but not that random back on the lower legs.
I will try and repaint it if I can.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That looks…really bad.

Are you forgetting how much extra red the previous versions have had? This is a huge improvement.

MrBlud

Citizen
I think I’m going to get him and swap the lower arms/legs from the Golden Disk one

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I don't have any version of him yet. Not sure that this is the one, but it does look interesting.

Top Bottom