Beast Wars Again - new Japanese redeco line and TV series rebroadcast

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I really wish they had remolded Rhinox’ head to be cartoon accurate.

Why on Earth you would mold something after a mobile game (that you can’t even play any more at this point!) is beyond me.
The whole figure was based on the mobile game design.

Just now checked and doing a Google Image Search for "Rhinox" brings up his Forged to Fight design as one of the results in the top two rows, and one of the first results that isn't just a toy pic.

BeastWarsFan95

Toy photographer, webcomic artist, dinogeek
Citizen
I really wish they had remolded Rhinox’ head to be cartoon accurate.

Why on Earth you would mold something after a mobile game (that you can’t even play any more at this point!) is beyond me.

Perhaps they were worried his lavish and lush lips wouldn't translate well into toy form? It is a bit odd since every other head sculpt is SPOT ON to the CGI model.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Episode 2 of "Beast Wars Again" has aired. This time, it's the second half of "Beast Wars (Part 2)", here titled "Enter the Super Robot Lifeform Transformers (Part 2)" since the first half that aired last weekend was "Enter the Super Lifeform Transformers (Part 1)". As such, the beginning of the episode has a newly-made recap of the previous episode, narrated by Kappei Yamaguchi as Rattrap.

Something I neglected to mention about the first episode that is also present in this episode is an edit made to the opening theme song, in which the Japanese Beast Wars logo has been visually altered to add the "Again" part at the bottom of the logo. And with this new addition, the song itself has been slightly altered to have Yamaguchi shout "Again!" at the part when the singer (Japanese rapper Banana Ice) speaks the show's name "Beast Wars: Chou Seimeitai Transformer!"

At the end of the episode, Yamaguchi as Rattrap narrates a preview for the next episode, which will be the first half of "Beast Wars (Part 2)", now titled "Beat the Destrons (Part 1)".

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Possible re-release of the original BW boardgame in Japan?

Screenshot_20230412-063713.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Episode 3 of Beast Wars Again, "Beat the Destrons (Part 1)". As expected, it's the first half of Episode 2 "Beast Wars (Part 2)", ending halfway through the episode right before the Maximals begin their journey to the mountain of energon.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It kind of looks like they just painted over Blackarachnia's black spider legs in orange instead of just gating them off to directly mold them in orange. That's a lot of extra paint.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Bullwinkle: "Hey, Rocky, Watch me pull Beast Wars out of my hat!"
Rocky: "Again...?"
*Bullwinkle pulls Leoconvoy out of his hat.*
Bullwinkle: "I think this one's "Two".."

-Yes, I know I pulled this joke on the first page of the thread. Then again, so did Takara.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm really torn on these releases. On the one hand, they're all really nice and I typically try to go for the most show-accurate releases.

But on the other hand, I already have all of the existing Kingdom versions that these are coming right off the heel of only two years later, and they're not nearly as different from those as how the old Beast Wars Telemocha Series redecos looked when compared to the 1996-1999 original toy decos.

I see how nice these are and would very much like to have them, but in a way, I kinda already do.

It makes me wish the Kingdom versions had looked like this from the beginning.

Maximal_Grimlock

Maximal Warrior
Citizen
Really excited for all of these. Got the first three sets on preorder at TCP and am waiting for them to get the new set. I'm eager to see how Dinobot will look since the initial release was a bit bland in color.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
More new news for this series.

The old Japanese Beast Wars album Beast Wars Transformer Songs Best is getting rereleased to accompany this line, retitled Beast Wars Transformer Songs Best –Again–.

A bonus 18th track has also been added, featuring the song "CAN WE PLAY OFF", which was the secondary track of the original single album release of "WAR! WAR! STOP IT" (the original theme song for the Japanese dub of Beast Wars season 1).

Nippon Columbia has a listing for the new album release.

UNsjzo7.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Looking over this set, I honestly never realized before now just how different the Kingdom figure's deco was from the cartoon model:

TF-WFC-GDC-The-Terrorfying-Conclusion-Terrorsaur.jpg

Terrorsaur-S1.jpg

Though, I kinda think the Kingdom figure's red lower legs with the silver paint are a bit more show-accurate than the BWA figure's solid red lower legs with the black ankles. It's too bad the knees are pins and thus a swap isn't easy to do.

Top Bottom