Studio Series discussion

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - the Earthrise trailer is the same one that came with Formerly-Amazon/Christmas Prime right? While technically hitting most of the basic requirements, "basic" is certainly the operative word for that trailer. At the risk of bringing the dreaded "feel" into the discussion - it feels pretty flimsy. That being said, I guess tossing a Roller in the box plus a few more accessories and an all new Prime might mean the trailer will have to do.

Lobjob

Citizen
I guess I could *technically* justify a commander Prime since the Earthrise version I got was the one without his trailer...

I'm just curious how different it will be.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Transformation would probably be similar to Earthrise but sans the butt wheels. Cosmetically, they'll probably ditch the blast effect warts and maybe use white instead of gray for the waist and legs.

MrBlud

Citizen
I figure it’ll be “Magnus level differences” between Leader and Commander for ‘86 Prime.

This is going to be an Anniversary release for one of the most popular characters in the franchise. They’re going to go all out and he’ll be a “Mini-MP”.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So long as they don’t try to overcomplicate the transformation for the sake of toon accuracy. Which is what (other than the MP44 price) killed that mp for me. The truck and bot look toon accurate, but getting from one to the other is not fun. Especially when compared to mp10.

I mean, I doubt this new Commander Prime will end up like that, I’m just catious.

On a more optimistic note for Commander Prime. I’m hoping for a bigger trailer, roller, jet pack (maybe?), a cool axe. And maybe a brand new Matrix that isn’t the same one we’ve had since Earthrise. Despite my nitpicks (and the fact that I have a lot of Primes) I’m looking forward to this figure.

Fingers Crossed.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yes, not overcomplicating the engineering or transformation is kind of what I meant when I said, "...easily digestible." I would expect this version to be much more enjoyable than the MP, overall.

I realize too, that the MP scratches a completely different itch for some collectors who might not transform their figures very often; it looks fantastic. However, these days, I am much more interested in playability, fun factor, etc., than I am about aesthetics for aesthetics' sake, so I hope that the SS86 toy will be fun.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yes, not overcomplicating the engineering or transformation is kind of what I meant when I said, "...easily digestible." I would expect this version to be much more enjoyable than the MP, overall.

I realize too, that the MP scratches a completely different itch for some collectors who might not transform their figures very often; it looks fantastic. However, these days, I am much more interested in playability, fun factor, etc., than I am about aesthetics for aesthetics' sake, so I hope that the SS86 toy will be fun.
Not to mention that some MPs (*cough, Ratchet and Ironhide's nappies*) don't look as great as they could, while SS and Legacy sculpting are getting better and better IMO. Also, the QC issues with MPs hasn't helped.

That (and the obscene prices of official MPs in Japan) have put me off most MP releases now. I see SS and Legacy as "The New MP" for me at least.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Optimus & Megatron Bot Modes.png

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, this is what he looked like before Sector Seven stripped him down to reverse-engineer his tech. 😜

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That only solves ’Most’ of the continuity spaghetti that is the TF movie timeline. :)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Just treat Bumblebee as a reboot and it fixes most of the continuity errors with the current franchise. The older movies can be left in the archive where we go "Remember these weird ass things? Yeah, they were some of the most popular movies in the world, for a time."
If this year's TFCon Orlando is anything to go by, people do still love, at least, the first movie. During the screening of that movie, every single thing that people complain about online regarding the movie (the racism, the misogyny, the military pandering, the potty humor, Shia's constant mugging, the annoying side characters, etc.) was being loudly quoted and cheered at by the entire room.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’d like to think they wouldn’t be crazy enough to overcomplicate a Commander to mp44 levels.

Top Bottom