Studio Series discussion

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Last Knight is clearly a movie that lacked a clear sense of idenity, in some ways the plot does make sense, but then it messes around with the timeline of the movieverse!

Shadewing

Citizen
Last Knight is clearly a movie that lacked a clear sense of idenity, in some ways the plot does make sense, but then it messes around with the timeline of the movieverse!
Its also the one movie that seems completely ignored, by Bumblebee and ROTB, while all the others have some references made to them.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
To me that first scene felt like it went on way too long, but maybe time was already getting weird on me.
I was okay with it because I wished that more of the movie (or even the entire movie), instead of just the first six minutes, had been about Arthur and the Knights, rather than the mess we ended up getting.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
TLK wasn’t the worst movie I’ve seen but it probably is the most incomprehensible. It’s like falling asleep halfway through a fever dream on an Imax screen during an earthquake.

Favorite part is after Optimus inexplicably and dramatically flying into space last movie, he’s revealed to have gotten himself frozen like a dumbass.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd give them a pass on that one since it's not a problem limited to TLK, it's just Hollywood physics.

Then why didn't they arrive frozen in the first movie? Becuase that movie establishes they don't use ships for space travel, they just rocket themselves through space.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
He simply pulled a Clark Griswold and fell asleep at the wheel. He's not frozen, he's just stasis-napping.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
There's a level of not giving a damn in TLK that isn't present as much in the previous movies, and honestly it lowers the stakes of what I expect out of the movie and allows me to enjoy it more. Sure yeah, let's do a WW2 scene, screw it, who cares. Like, AoE sucks, but it's still trying to be a movie. TLK is just complete nonsense and it's hard to get that mad at nonsense.

I'd honestly probably rather watch TLK than any of the other Bay movies aside from the first one.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really think TLK tricked my brain into thinking it was dreaming. It's the best explanation I can come up with for what that film did to me.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Then why didn't they arrive frozen in the first movie? Becuase that movie establishes they don't use ships for space travel, they just rocket themselves through space.
In fairness, even if space was freezy-icy-cold, atmospheric reentry is still hot.

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean its like a whole movie happened in between AoE and TLK. Its just a sequel to a film that never existed and is actually three movies slammed together.

Its just baffling chaos.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It makes the most sense to think of TLK as Michael Bay's own "Springtime for Hitler" that finally got Hasbro to let go of him as director of these movies.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
The two movies prior to TLK had very prominent spaceships. I believe it's safe to say consistency with the first movie was not a priority.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's crazy how ROTF ended up being the only sequel that doesn't feel like a partial reboot.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
ROTF has the best quotes of all the live action movies, such as:
Its upgrade time (thou it would of been better when OP got Jetfire's parts)
Give me your face
I rise, you fall

Thou that film also had in my view, the best Bumblebee scene that just sticks and actually works for him using the radio

Top Bottom