Studio Series discussion

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
@Doncropolis, after a bit of fumbling around on the Pulse site, I was taken to their Consumer Care site, which led to this:

https://support.hasbropulse.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022479552-Wrong-item-Damaged-item-packaging

Click on the "Contact us here with photos..." area, and it gives you this:

https://support.hasbropulse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The response time was actually very quick. In addition to pictures, they will ask you for all sorts of date/letter codes, UPC stuff, receipts and package info. I hope that this helps you!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kept my Rodimus Prime after the Matrix effect part broke, and now I'm working with the vendor to get a replacement for the missing sword from my Zord Ascension Project Astro Megazord my wife got me for Christmas, since they gave me the same spiel. And in that case, it's just not acceptable for me.

It's always like that. Have they ever replaced anything, same for same? Not in the 20 years I've tried. (Not that it comes up often; I can only think of four instances across that time.)

Actually, I asked to make sure they would be sending something else, or if it would be a full replacement if I sent it in (they only said they don't have any replacement parts).

That was six days ago, and no response.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, it is unfortunate when QC issues befall us. In my case, I really wish that they had a junker torso lying around, because that would be the easiest way to resolve the issue. As it is, I think that they think that I just want a brand new Magnus, and that is not the case.

In another era that relied more heavily on screws instead of machined pins everywhere, I might have been able to simply disassemble and correct the issue myself. But I can't do that. Instead, they'll send something that I didn't ask for, don't want, and will have to find a way to sell, so that they can feel satisfied in the belief that they have "resolved" an issue. I mean, what does Hasbro really care? They've got my money, and I will limp along with the severely compromised version of the $90 figure that I really wanted.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not as bothered on the smaller, lower-end stuff, but when we hit triple digits on a damn toy, I'd like to know that there's some sort of assurance behind it.

It certainly makes me wary of investing in anything HasLab, I can tell you that much.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yes, if it had been a Deluxe Class figure, I would have been bummed, but I definitely wouldn't have been motivated to contact customer service, seek out a replacement, etc.

This Commander Class experience that I've had with SS86 Magnus makes me glad that I'm skipping Magmatron. It's also affected the likelihood that I will invest in anything greater than a Leader Class figure for the foreseeable future.

Dake

Citizen
I'm not as bothered on the smaller, lower-end stuff, but when we hit triple digits on a damn toy, I'd like to know that there's some sort of assurance behind it.

It certainly makes me wary of investing in anything HasLab, I can tell you that much.
They actually DO have extras for Haslab though... That's how Pulse had that recent sale of a handful of older Haslab items.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh, okay, so there's a limit before they can do anything for you.

A very, very high limit...

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - it's a reasonable frustration/concern; genuine failures in QC are a real issue. But it's also not really realistic to expect them to maintain extra inventory for every part of every item they sell for some indeterminate time. The Haslabs are honestly the exception to prove the rule because of their price and extremely limited volume. There have been some egregious examples that Hasbro has gone back and fixed after the fact - the extra run of middle legs for the big Star Wars AT-TE years ago, or the replacement blasters for the droopy Force Awakens X-wing are some instances that come to mind. But that was a) different management and b) an entire run of defective parts.

As a sample size of 1, I have yet to have a single issue with any of the Haslabs, but from the handful of reports I've seen for the unlucky ones - Hasbro seems to make those right at least - to the extreme of even shipping people new boxes to replace damaged packaging (when the item itself was fine).

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I dunno, I don't feel like having backups for their big-ticket items through that year's Christmas season is terribly unreasonable...

After that, sell the surplus on eBay or something.

Okay, I was just looking up something about the ZAP Astro Megazord, and Hasbro Pulse says they have it in stock. Meanwhile, I can't get any follow-ups from them asking about if they'd send me another if I sent mine back, or if they'd be sending something else.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Well that sucks about your Megazord, Nytetrayn. And Dake, yeah, I agree that they typically handle the Haslab issues pretty well. I have lucked out and haven't had any issues with what I've gotten so far. In the interest of consistency though, I just wish that they applied the same philosophy to some of their other products.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
First look at BBM Sunstreaker

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Bumblebee film Sunstreaker?

Personally, it looks more like a gamer edition version to me.

Image of Sunstreaker Deluxe Class Leaked Studio Series Bumblebee Movie FIgure (13)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Sunstreaker Deluxe Class Leaked Studio Series Bumblebee Movie FIgure (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, let's shorten BBM to just BM.
Beast Machines is marginalized enough, you guys aren't taking away its initialism!

FWIW, Primalxconvoy, the retail listings say MV6 (Bumblebee) Sunstreaker, not "Gamer" or "HM (High Moon)". My feeling is that there were a number of 84-86 characters conceptualized for the Cybertron sequences that Hasbro is happy to mine for MOAR G1 in Studio Series.

Meanwhile, I'm still over here waiting for a damn decent MV6 VW Bumblebee reflective of the actual film.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Beast Machines is marginalized enough, you guys aren't taking away its initialism!

FWIW, Primalxconvoy, the retail listings say MV6 (Bumblebee) Sunstreaker, not "Gamer" or "HM (High Moon)". My feeling is that there were a number of 84-86 characters conceptualized for the Cybertron sequences that Hasbro is happy to mine for MOAR G1 in Studio Series.

Meanwhile, I'm still over here waiting for a damn decent MV6 VW Bumblebee reflective of the actual film.
Thanks, yes, I figured that, but the wheels (wheel arches?) reminder me of WFC Bumblebee's.

Top Bottom