Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Dake

Citizen

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Dying Ratchet from the 2-pack with dying Brawn.

Target exclusive, but apparently in the main SS86 line instead of Buzzworthy Bumblebee since the latter is going under.

syb4bHZ.png

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
SS86 mold for Ratchet & Ironhide isn't that great, the robot modes look good but the vehicle modes aren't great, the panel for the front of the vehicle mode doesn't settle into place properly upon my copies

Shadewing

Citizen
SS86 mold for Ratchet & Ironhide isn't that great, the robot modes look good but the vehicle modes aren't great, the panel for the front of the vehicle mode doesn't settle into place properly upon my copies

I have an easier time with that on the Dead Ironhide and his non-clear plastics, then I do his living self.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Assuming this still sees a 2-pack release with the same sort of accessory pack-in as Ironhide/Prowl, I'm just gonna want the blast effects. I managed to get the Ironhide/Prowl pack for well below retail here -- blast effects, an opaque-plastic Prowl I could frankencustom up with Siege and Earthrise, and a first copy of the Ironhide mold whose headsculpt can pass for angry rather than dying. Now I just need a 3d printed non-broken windshield or something.

But this... Don't need Brawn, and I'm keeping Earthrise/Odyssey Ratchet over SS86, and even if I were getting the SS86 it'd be the standalone Voyager. So it's down to the blast effects, which (like the RID2015 clear plastic armor bits) I've grown distractingly fond of.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
. . . . looks like a super large version of the original Swoop, with more articulation. I kind of expected them to do a little more like they have with the others. But, he's alright. Hoping for a red chest version down the road.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I just found Snarl at Target Friday so yay timeing cant wait to finish the set

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I like this Swoop, but I'm still not crazy about the weapon situation. So we have to get comic Grimlock to get swords for all of them, Snarl's sword won't match the rest, and Snarl still doesn't get his gun. I think I'm going to just skip all that and hope there's some 3P set that gives them all a consistent set of weapons.

For the PotP Dinobots, I was all over Red Swoop. I was actually a bit upset that retail Swoop had a blue chest, given how toy-centric everything else was. For this set though, I'm happy enough to have a blue-chested Swoop. I'm not sure I'd get a red Swoop if they make it. I still wouldn't be happy with the set at that point without a black-headed, red-horned Slag, and I don't think I'd be willing to buy another two Leaders just to have a toy-colored set of cartoon Dinobots.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm more than fine with this Swoop. I've wanted a black robot mode head for Slug, and the nonnef kit seems like the best way to get that, but it's an expense I don't need right now and I'm not terribly pining for it.

Be nice if a kit came with just swords for all of them. Maybe now that they've made some cash on individual kits they'll consider it.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
It's a good Swoop. But, since the only Leader Dinobot I have is Toxitron Grimlock, I'm probably going to wait and see if they do a G2 version.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They really nailed the heavy-browed, caveman face from the cartoon.

Super excited to get him. The Dinobots are especially my jam.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
A toon-model accurate Swoop with a red chest, personally, is going to 'feel' weird. A red chest Swoop I always associate with the toy or Comic models.

Top Bottom