Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If nothing else, the POTP Selects Red Swoop works as a Maximal version of Swoop as per his role as "The Veteran" in works by Furman, while this SS86 Leader class Swoop functions as his original large-sized Autobot self.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm happy with the blue Swoop as my only exposure to him is really the cartoon. Oddly, that doesn't apply as strongly to Slag/Slug, for whom I'm fine with a black robot mode head (although red isn't a dealbreaker). I guess blue just offers nice contrast with the silver and gold, and the red crest.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A toon-model accurate Swoop with a red chest, personally, is going to 'feel' weird. A red chest Swoop I always associate with the toy or Comic models.
Didn't they use the cartoon model with a red chest there?

1711948774719.jpeg

Or am I missing some other difference besides color?

They really nailed the heavy-browed, caveman face from the cartoon.
Which is funny, because Swoop always struck me as one of the smarter Dinobots, relatively speaking.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Woot! Swoop! Can't wait for the final SS86 Dinobot! Just waiting for a pre-order link for him!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Well, Swoop sold out on Pulse in less than 15 minutes. Can't say how much because I couldn't check until then, of course.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I saw that.

Luckily Amazon works better for me generally anyway and he's still up there.

ZacWilliam, September is way out there. I'm guessing it'll move up.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Got one at Amazon .. .always my preferred method as I can buy gift cards and pay it off while I wait.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Got 2 from Amazon. Both are for me. Swoop was my favorite as a kid, with Slag a close second. One to play with, one to keep in the box and display.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
was tied up all day, so I missed Pulse which is my usual go-to. Luckily I was still able to get one ordered on BBTS

Shadhausen

Citizen
For the many of you that still need Snarl, keep your eye out. I've been seeing him a lot lately, particularly at Meijer. The one close to me has restocked his wave at least twice and I've seen him at other locations as well. In addition, I saw him at a Target just the other day.

Top Bottom