Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Trying to read the last page or so
giphy.gif

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
@Soundwave2.0 Just to be clear about my last 5 posts: I. WAS. joking. I have no inside sources or special insight, the best I can bring to the table is a history of growing up with the brand and a slightly haywire sense of humor. (The joke involved knowing that mirror universe Gobots look exactly the same as their normal counterparts)

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
There wasn't a line with comics yet when the SG Optimus/Ratchet pack came out. In fact I'd imagine the comic releases happened because the Optimus/Ratchet pack had already come out and presumably been successful.
Why not have a full ongoing series of SG and spotlight one shorts that come with toy figures?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Why not have a full ongoing series of SG and spotlight one shorts?

Currently, the license for comics is in Flux and we have no idea who getting the license or what their plans are, they might be just doing reprints of older stuff, like the Marvel comics or Dreamwave, than doing anything original, its not like the North Armeican comic book market is in good shapee right now, Manga is out selling DC & Marvel combined

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Currently, the license for comics is in Flux and we have no idea who getting the license or what their plans are, they might be just doing reprints of older stuff, like the Marvel comics or Dreamwave, than doing anything original, its not like the North Armeican comic book market is in good shapee right now, Manga is out selling DC & Marvel combined

Well there's the answer to the Transformers Comics conidium!

Don't put out a comic, put out a Transformers Manga!

Also, reading these threads feel like:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Well there's the answer to the Transformers Comics conidium!

Don't put out a comic, put out a Transformers Manga!

I believe the Manga from the G1 days in Japan, is about translated into English as books to buy, thou I haven't bought them myself, been meaning to but then, I haven't been buying IDW since the end of their first run, I was planning to go TP but I just never started as these things cost money and I'll rather get a figure than a comic I'm likely to read only once and shove in a plastic wallet and then into a folder or a storage box

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
There's been rumors that Grimlock will be the next Leader Class.
If the teaser at the end of IDW 2 is to go on: Prowl.
My prediction beyond that: Voyager Prime, no trailer, from Legacy Mold.

Not sure of any Decepticons, as the only one I can think of really wanting atm is Shockwave, and not sure if they'd do two leaders, or do him as a Voyager. But I wouldnt mind Thundercracker using the Earthrise mold. Not sure who a second deluxe could be.
How would they make a SG Shockwave or a SG Prime as a Voyager Class?

Haywire

Citizen
How would they make a SG Shockwave or a SG Prime as a Voyager Class?

I think the theory is that the Leader class figures with a giant accessory like Shockwave or Prime could be released at close to Voyager price point by dropping the extra bits.

In the case of Shockwave, at least, there is also the Core figure available. I don't recall SG Shockwave being all that prominent in past fiction, at least...

Haywire

Citizen
The thing to keep in mind with SG is that it is extremely unlikely Hasbro will make a new mold for an SG release. Maybe they would debut a mold, but probably not develop a new one.

With that in mind, you have to ask yourself, what molds are currently (last 2-3ish years) available, or leaked/announced/planned? What characters have been done, and what characters have yet to be done? Additionally, what characters might have a dual purpose? When SG isn’t doing "opposite" or alternate colors, sometimes it's throwing an obscure deco on a character (SG Slicer's deco was used for SG Wheeljack, but was an homage to Slicer, SG Flamewar is just regular Flamewar's deco).

I think SG Thundercracker would be a popular figure. We also have an upcoming Skyquake; an SG version could have a G1 deco or Dai Atlas or Machine Wars Starscream, all of which are decos that someone at Hasbro might want to sneak into SG. SG Tarn might be interesting, though the mostly obvious thing would be to swap purple for red. The Insecticons have current releases which might be good for SG.

Until we get some more leaks or reveals, all we can do is speculate, but there are ways to make educated guesses.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
How could they do it to Galvatron and Cyclonus ?
They couldn't.

Cyclonus is already a Voyager, so he wouldn't need to be stripped of anything extra, anyway.

And Galvatron is a full-sized Leader class who couldn't ever be sold as a Voyager.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
They couldn't.

Cyclonus is already a Voyager, so he wouldn't need to be stripped of anything extra, anyway.

And Galvatron is a full-sized Leader class who couldn't ever be sold as a Voyager.

With Galvatron, they could use a different mold with a head transplant, I believe the original Convention/club SG line had Galvatron using a Cybertron Evac mold, so maybe the SG Galvatron could make use of the Seige Springer mold, I see no reason not to go that route, there is no reason why the characters don't have to stick to established looks of their alt modes, I mean, over the years, Megatron has gone from a gun, to a tank, to a Dino, a multiformer, back to a tank, to an alien jet, then a alien jet/car/batmobile, alien jet, helicopter/flying machine, alien tank, earth truck, alien jet again, tank, helicopter, he even been a shoe at one point, he had so many different alt modes, so why can't Galvatron have a different alt mode?

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Could it be that Hasbro is going to focus on characters that all ready had Shattered Glass toys and that Flamewar was a exception because they wanted a female SG Decepticon?

Haywire

Citizen
Could it be that Hasbro is going to focus on characters that all ready had Shattered Glass toys and that Flamewar was a exception because they wanted a female SG Decepticon?

No, I'm pretty sure Flamewar was released in SG because there was no other way to budget that extensive a deco in any other line. She's a deluxe with a Battlemaster accessory, but only $7 USD cheaper than SG Slicer, who comes with a whole extra deluxe figure!

Whatever SG figures Hasbro releases, it's going to boil down to the decos someone there wants to see produced but can't work in to other lines.

Top Bottom