Shattered Glass Thread

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
No, I'm pretty sure Flamewar was released in SG because there was no other way to budget that extensive a deco in any other line. She's a deluxe with a Battlemaster accessory, but only $7 USD cheaper than SG Slicer, who comes with a whole extra deluxe figure!

Whatever SG figures Hasbro releases, it's going to boil down to the decos someone there wants to see produced but can't work in to other lines.
Are the other SG toys ones that could not work in other lines and, if so, how are they?

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
No, I'm pretty sure Flamewar was released in SG because there was no other way to budget that extensive a deco in any other line. She's a deluxe with a Battlemaster accessory, but only $7 USD cheaper than SG Slicer, who comes with a whole extra deluxe figure!

Whatever SG figures Hasbro releases, it's going to boil down to the decos someone there wants to see produced but can't work in to other lines.
At least most of the Toys of the new SG may seem to resemble older SG Toys and are ones that had figures revealed.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen

What deco would likely be used and wanted for Galvatron if there is one?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
What deco would likely be used and wanted for Galvatron if there is one?

Likely this but on a non Galvatron mold:

1676939549032.png

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
This. SG Galvatron is a typical Galvatron deco on an atypical Galvatron figure. If Hasbro chooses to revisit SG Galvatron, the only likely surprise will be the mold they use.
On other figures, they've stayed pretty faithful to established SG decos, but there's no rule that says they always will. And, again, if there is a deco someone at Hasbro wants to release on a particular mold, but can't quite fit it into another line, it might just turn up in SG.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
This. SG Galvatron is a typical Galvatron deco on an atypical Galvatron figure. If Hasbro chooses to revisit SG Galvatron, the only likely surprise will be the mold they use.
On other figures, they've stayed pretty faithful to established SG decos, but there's no rule that says they always will. And, again, if there is a deco someone at Hasbro wants to release on a particular mold, but can't quite fit it into another line, it might just turn up in SG.
Why was the SG Galavtron a redco of Evac and just recolor a previous Galavtron figure?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
At the time SG Galvatron came out, the only Galvatron figures were the original G1 toy and the Universe Galvatron; nobody would have wanted another redeco of the Universe figure. The next best figure would have been Energon Megatron, and they had already used that for SG Megatron.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
At the time SG Galvatron came out, the only Galvatron figures were the original G1 toy and the Universe Galvatron; nobody would have wanted another redeco of the Universe figure. The next best figure would have been Energon Megatron, and they had already used that for SG Megatron.
Why did they decided to do a SG Galvatron at the time?

Shadewing

Citizen
A fan actually made it, it was a custom the liked so much they decided to make it offical and release an actual SG Galvatron based on it.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I wonder if they might save SG Galvatron if they make an animated inspired Legacy Megatron at some point - a repaint of a helicopter Megatron with a new head feels like it would work?

Maybe depending how the Megatron actually looks, other wise, I think they might opt to use one of two molds:
First off, about the most obvious to me, that be Siege Springer
Secondly, Selects Super Megatron, I know its a heavy retool of TR Galvatron, but what to stop them from retooling it again, this is just my wild card thought, I don't see the Legacy/Kingdom mold getting used because the changes in colour would be very little, thou I could be wrong

Shadewing

Citizen
I don't see the Legacy/Kingdom mold getting used because the changes in colour would be very little, thou I could be wrong

While I agree, you never know they could do what they did with Megatron and add new parts to try and get a new alt mode out of him. Still not likely, but also not implausible at the same time.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's like I said here:
Looking at the toy mold in my hands right now...

With a little imagination, I could see them finagling a helicopter out of the cannon mode with a little retooling and some new add-on accessories. Namely, by turning the cannon mode around and making the helicopter from the backwards cannon. Add a new cockpit piece to connect where the robot feet are, a big new rotor where the little cannon piece attaches to the top of the cannon (it'll have to go somewhere else, now), fold down the fin at the top of the cannon to give more clearance to the new rotor, maybe retool the tank treads to instead be landing skids, etc. etc.

Leaving the fusion cannon attached to the back would then make it look like a sci-fi rocket-powered helicopter.

Top Bottom