Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Do you ever get a mountain of work done and should finally be able to relax, but you can't because you just don't remember how?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So since the boards came back I've been doing a thing for October. One year I did a vampire duo with Dracula and Carmilla. Last year I did the Universal Classics monster movies while reading Frankenstein. I just ordered the 8 movie collection of Friday the 13th plus another two disc collection with the 9th and 10th movies. Thou I think I might have started early by watching all 6 Scream movies last month.

I don't really have anything to read for October, though I'm not sure I'm looking for anything. I'm kinda worn out with everything that's been happening this year.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Once you've read Dracula I'm not sure where to go from there. Horror only has so many real must-read books.

The Phantom of the Opera is high on my list but unfortunately there's still no definitive English edition. It's a complicated book. It needs careful translation and extensive annotations. Unfortunately there's been maybe one edition ever with decent annotations, and not a single edition with a good translation. Most editions are just cheap reprints of the terrible first translation, which isn't even the whole book, and I don't mean it's missing some little epilogue or something. I mean it's around 80 pages shorter. We are missing real chunks of the story.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
You know every web browser made in the past like 15 years automatically saves your passwords right lol.

It means even when you have Alzheimers you're not free from this hell.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
You know every web browser made in the past like 15 years automatically saves your passwords right lol.

It means even when you have Alzheimers you're not free from this hell.
True, but it's a good idea to clear your history/cache/passwords once in awhile. I've had Chrome just log me out for no discernable reason a few times, too. The only websites I have the password saved for are minor/less data important ones like this one. Any sites that involve financial info, I make myself log into when needed.

Top Bottom