Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
ezs01Ah.jpg

Siemens Charger SCB-40 diesel-electric locomotive.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
There's way too many examples of characters in fantasy works who are non-human but literally look exactly like a human except oh wow you gave them a non-human skintone or like pointy ears or horns or some shit.

Stop being cowards and give us more fantasy creatures that look completely inhuman, I'm sick of 'non-human but looks 95-99% like a human' dammit.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
They need to start marketing actually talking to real women and also showering to weebs.
Well, as much as we fans engage in self-deprecating humour (or good-naturedly take it on the chin when some wag declares that the Star Trek cookbook "consists entirely of recipes for one" despite the fact that there are third-generation fans out there), I do think that there is a market for skills that our parents should have taught us, but for whatever reason did not. So your subordinate clause tracks.

As to the first....
yfibwjahhze81.jpg

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Every time I'm watching a video where someone is using Windows 11, my mind immediately goes to 'Wow this looks like absolute dogshit. I will never use Windows 11. I'm gonna use Windows 10 until Micro$oft ends support for it in 2025 (or until I get pissed off enough at it) and then switch to some flavor of Linux.'

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I dunno. I don't like every change they made with Windows 11 but my experience has been pretty smooth. It's going to take a lot worse than this to get me to put up with Linux's bs.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
"Its rain, its pouring, the old man snoring, he went to bed, bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning!"

In other words, its been raining most of the day here!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I always figured since he hit his head and couldn't get up in the morning, that meant he was concussed and died.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I dunno. I don't like every change they made with Windows 11 but my experience has been pretty smooth. It's going to take a lot worse than this to get me to put up with Linux's bs.
From my limited experience trying out various Linux distros in VMs, Linux is no more difficult to use than Windows.

Also **** Microsoft.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly I should give it another try sometime. If nothing else I'm curious to see how fast I could break it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Most of your issues with Linux come down to hardware drivers and games where the company dind't bother to make it compatible and Proton or WINE hasn't gotten it working fully yet. I knwo it's probably gotten some better, but last I dealt wiht it some games would have teh grass textures glitch out after a patch(because Windows isn't case sensitive and Linux is, probably). If you stick to things that Proton or WINE supports, and are willing to google to figure out the commands to fix your hardware, it's not that different with most of the desktop UIs usually used.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah I have checked the app database on WineHQ to see if some of the non-game programs I use (that don't have native Linux versions) are supported/working with it and it's really ass how the only versions of Paint.NET (which I use as my go-to image editor in Windows for 95% of things) that actually will work are the 3.5.X versions, which were released between 2009 and 2013.

And it's like people will often recommend alternative image editors to use in Linux as replacements for Paint.NET and I do think these people are coming from a good place like 'Oh, yeah it sucks that Paint.NET doesn't work in Wine, here's some native image editors you might wanna try out as a replacement' but a lot of the common alternatives that get recommended are like...either too complicated for people who are used to Paint.NET's good balance (imo) of having a simple user interface and what you can do with it or might just be missing features from Paint.NET that someone might regularly use.

Top Bottom